Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton plans to "take it out on the Bucs" if cut. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 12, 2010, 07:13:40 PM

Funny how the offense regressed last year without Gruden - but with more talent...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 12, 2010, 07:14:54 PM

Jerry Rice and Tim Brown seemed to do just fine in Gru's system.

That is a freaking insult to those two to compare Michael Clayton to them. Wow.

I don't see any comparison to Clayton in particular and those 2 anywhere in this thread.   

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 12, 2010, 07:15:12 PM

Funny how the offense regressed last year without Gruden - but with more talent...

When you are consistently ranked in the lower half in the league in offense, any regression is considered baby steps. It's all relative.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 12, 2010, 07:16:23 PM

Regression is regression.   If a different coach does worse with the same or even better talent, the previous coach must have been better.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 12, 2010, 07:19:25 PM

Regression is regression.   If a different coach does worse with the same or even better talent, the previous coach must have been better.

Usually they have to tear down an old bridge to build a new one. Just take a stroll down the Sunshine Skyway Bridge for reference.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 12, 2010, 07:20:41 PM

They didn't "tear down" anything.   Just played worse with the same guys and the addition of Winslow and Ward.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 12, 2010, 07:22:06 PM

They didn't "tear down" anything.   Just played worse with the same guys and the addition of Winslow and Ward.

Galloway, Hilliard, Dunn and Garcia must not have gotten the memo then about being retained last season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 12, 2010, 07:23:51 PM

Galloway didn't play much in 2008.   It was Morris' decision to replace crusty Garcia with crusty Leftwich.   Hilliard was a bit player who was greatly replaced in production by Winslow. 

Let's face it, they had more to work with in 2009 but failed.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#38 : August 12, 2010, 07:25:43 PM

Regression is regression.   If a different coach does worse with the same or even better talent, the previous coach must have been better.

It is obvious that Clayton was going to regress REGARDLESS of who was coaching him. His first year he played split-end for Gruden which makes you the primary read on just about every passing play, after that they moved him to flanker where he got less opportunities and injuries and then the inconsistency came into play. He never got it back. He is never going to get it back. There is no reason for him to be around anymore, that we can all agree on. Time to move on from this clown.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#39 : August 12, 2010, 07:46:28 PM

How is Clayton going to take it out on the BUCS if they cut him? Please name a team that would take him....just name one that needs his worthless contributions.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#40 : August 12, 2010, 08:27:20 PM

I hope Clayton ends up on the Broncos or the Jets... it will make Java's fall worth living.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 12, 2010, 08:36:11 PM

I hope Clayton ends up on the Broncos or the Jets... it will make Java's fall worth living.

About 3 weeks on the Broncos and they would be calling up Miami begging to undo the Brandon Marshall trade.

bucmoon

Second String
#42 : August 12, 2010, 09:01:47 PM

For sure he was on the slide when Gruden was still coach. No way does he get a new contract had they kept Gru.

You are Correct on that .. I was in shock  when they gave him that much money.. and i told a buddy COACH MANN will lose his job over this ...alot of Claytons production that year was playing catch up in the second half in games we were down which was alot that year and than he got Fat .

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 12, 2010, 09:08:52 PM

Let's face it, they had more to work with in 2009 but failed.
...Did you just admit Dom & Rah brought in "better" players? ...sure looks like it.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 12, 2010, 09:13:06 PM

Java knows that the talent on this team is getting better, he just hates the coaching. I can't say I blame him as Raheem Morris,Greg Olsen  and personally Pete Mangurian are not worthy of their titles.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton plans to "take it out on the Bucs" if cut. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools