Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30,000 flock to apply for Section 8 in Atlanta « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 12, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »

Demographics seem to play a huge part into this.

You can tell by looking at that picture that they are all stupid and prolly never finished high school.

But...its Atlanta and its a majority minority city so it doesn't surprise me.

Obama loves these idiots cause somehow they have earned the "right" to vote.

How can you tell from that picture they are all stupid high school drop-outs?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #16 : August 12, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »

You can tell by looking at  that picture that they are all stupid and prolly never finished high school.

Wise words from someone in their late teens.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 12, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

Step 1: Take this woman's cell phone away. Take them all away. If you can't afford to house yourself, you can't afford a cell phone. Land lines still work well and reach the same numbers cell phones do.

I bet everyone of them have a cell phone in their pocket too...

we have made it far too easy for far too long to do nothing in this country...

I'm freaking sick of it.

Agree on that point. Our city has become a handout community. Come here, stick your hand out and some agency will give you money and then the Salvation Army will give you a free lunch. Not saying some don't deserve it or need it, but the criteria and follow-up needs to be a lot tighter. For starters, I'd advocate you have to pass a drug test in order to get any type of government assistance. If you've got enough money to buy drugs, you can spend it instead to support yourself.  If you're hooked on the drugs, chances are you're wasting the money given to you, or breaking the law in order to get more money for drugs.  Just my 2 cents.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 12, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »

Step 1: Take this woman's cell phone away. Take them all away. If you can't afford to house yourself, you can't afford a cell phone. Land lines still work well and reach the same numbers cell phones do.

I bet everyone of them have a cell phone in their pocket too...

we have made it far too easy for far too long to do nothing in this country...

I'm freaking sick of it.

Agree on that point. Our city has become a handout community. Come here, stick your hand out and some agency will give you money and then the Salvation Army will give you a free lunch. Not saying some don't deserve it or need it, but the criteria and follow-up needs to be a lot tighter. For starters, I'd advocate you have to pass a drug test in order to get any type of government assistance. If you've got enough money to buy drugs, you can spend it instead to support yourself. If you're hooked on the drugs, chances are you're wasting the money given to you, or breaking the law in order to get more money for drugs. Just my 2 cents.

to take that point a little further, if they test positive for cigarettes/nicotine, they get no handouts either...

it makes me sick to see these welfare type cases having cell phones, smoking cigs, and drinking alcohol...

use that money that they spend on those things for life's necessities.

stupid free loading bums.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 12, 2010, 11:06:50 PM »

Best part of this story isn't even mentioned in the news, folks.

East Point TOLD these people they could go home and don't have to wait "in line".  EVERYONE gets an application.  It'll depend on your particular situation on whether or not you get Section 8 help.  Its not first come, first served.  THEY WERE THERE FOR NO REASON.  CLASSIC!!!

THAT'S how truly stupid these people are.

Add to fact they were waiting outside in line.  Yes, its hot here in Atlanta this summer.  Hotter than it usually is.  But Paramedics had to be called in because people were suffering from heat exhaustion.  ALL YOU'RE DOING IS SITTING IN LINE.  You're not working or moving around.  You're SITTING IN LINE.  Drink a bottle of water.  Its not hard.

Idiocracy.  Its not coming.  ITS ALREADY HERE.  

Its just the sad truth. Atlanta is a crap hole and this is more reason to show why.

+1

Yep, north of the city is tolerable though.  As long as the people in those lines stay down by the airport, I'm good.  

Not really.  Unless you live in East Cobb or in North Alpharetta... or anywhere else that's at least 1 hour from the city.  And if you get too far out, you have to deal with the rednecks and trailer trash meth heads.  Either way, you're screwed.  

These people are all over the place in Atlanta.  And just like in Idiocracy, they breed faster than the rest of us.  I've never seen a state with so much trash in it.  

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 12, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

do you have her wear a french maid outfit or would that cost you another $10 a month?

Trust me, you wouldn't want to see her in a french maid outfit.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 12, 2010, 11:47:32 PM »

Found an article that mentions the true idiocracy of this:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Hundreds-Hope-for-Federal-Housing-Assistance-20100811-am-sd

"(East Point) Officials also said they spent the past couple of days trying to get people not to wait in line, and to reassure them that they would get an application."

That should be the real story here.  Why are there so many people waiting in line for something that EVERYONE is going to get and it doesn't matter ONE BIT whether you're first in line or last in line???

People were sleeping there overnight to get an application to get on a WAITING LIST. 

MORONS. 

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #22 : August 12, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »

You can tell by looking at that picture that they are all stupid and prolly never finished high school.

How can you tell from that picture they are all stupid high school drop-outs?

Did I miss his response to this question?

burger40

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 13, 2010, 12:54:32 AM »

you know it was interesting today i was getting gas at the local station and a bunch of young guys about my age or a little older (I'm 23) came in. They were clearly in the construction business and were almost certainly guys with nothing more than a high school diploma. They can't be making more than 15 dollars an hour and that is probably way too high. well as i'm in line to pay for my gas each guy walks up with 2 or 3 large energy drinks, 2 gatorades that looked like some new fancy overhyped brand, and some candy bars. Each guy in front of me rung up over 10 dollars worth of stuff.

Think about that. One hour of their labor eaten up after taxes for some drinks and candy bars. Oh and then i walk out to my 98 camry (i could buy another car but i'm saving up money in a car fund right now so i can pay cash in a year) and see them get into 2 very new looking pickup trucks.

whatever happened to people learning to save some of their money and not spend all of their available income on things that are going to be immediately consumed (i.e. spending 10 dollars every afternoon on drinks and candy bars) and "assets" that lose most of their value within 5 years. there is no way those guys can afford the vehicles they are driving. they are indicative of our societal problems. we consume and consume with little to no savings and then we have to have the gov't or charity bail us out in our old age because we never planned for retirement (most articles i've read recently say that less than 1/2 of all Americans have more than 20k in savings)

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 13, 2010, 01:00:40 AM »

you know it was interesting today i was getting gas at the local station and a bunch of young guys about my age or a little older (I'm 23) came in. They were clearly in the construction business and were almost certainly guys with nothing more than a high school diploma. They can't be making more than 15 dollars an hour and that is probably way too high. well as i'm in line to pay for my gas each guy walks up with 2 or 3 large energy drinks, 2 gatorades that looked like some new fancy overhyped brand, and some candy bars. Each guy in front of me rung up over 10 dollars worth of stuff.

Think about that. One hour of their labor eaten up after taxes for some drinks and candy bars. Oh and then i walk out to my 98 camry (i could buy another car but i'm saving up money in a car fund right now so i can pay cash in a year) and see them get into 2 very new looking pickup trucks.

whatever happened to people learning to save some of their money and not spend all of their available income on things that are going to be immediately consumed (i.e. spending 10 dollars every afternoon on drinks and candy bars) and "assets" that lose most of their value within 5 years. there is no way those guys can afford the vehicles they are driving. they are indicative of our societal problems. we consume and consume with little to no savings and then we have to have the gov't or charity bail us out in our old age because we never planned for retirement (most articles i've read recently say that less than 1/2 of all Americans have more than 20k in savings)

Maybe they are just earning more than you think.

Also, maybe those are work provided trucks.

kbl11

Starter

« #25 : August 13, 2010, 04:13:24 AM »

you sound very judgmental and are making a lot of blind assumptions, and on top of that I know $15 doesnt sound like much to someone driving a '98 camry, but construction workers can actually make quite a bit of money

Im not in construction. Personally Id rather invest my time in school to get where I want to be, but I have friends who do it and I notice they are very driven, work harder, and understand the value of a dollar more than almost any 23 year olds Ive known. Thats actually right around the age of the friends I have that are in construction

Who are you to say if they can afford candy and soda for lunch, and a pickup truck?

DailyRich68

Starter
« #26 : August 13, 2010, 07:00:37 AM »

Because a cell phone they probably got for free with activation with a bill that's most likely under $100 a month is what's keeping them from affording a house.  ::)

gruber

Pro Bowler

« #27 : August 13, 2010, 07:17:53 AM »

Cell phone service is cheaper than a landline. I don't consider a cell a luxury anymore.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 13, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »

Because a cell phone they probably got for free with activation with a bill that's most likely under $100 a month is what's keeping them from affording a house.  ::)

So a person on this thread makes an assumption about a person's cell phone in a picture... you then roll your eyes at it and counter it with ANOTHER assumption.  Oh the irony.

How you know they "probably" got the phone for free? 

And who care's if they're bill is "under $100"?  Let's say its $50 per month, shouldn't that money instead go toward NECESSITIES?  Like SHELTER?!?

Cell phone service is cheaper than a landline. I don't consider a cell a luxury anymore.

So is it a necessity now?  Its gotta be one or the other - a need or a want, right?

Regardless, if I didn't have the money to pay rent for myself, I surely wouldn't have a cell phone OR a landline. 

Its called making SACRIFICES.

By the way, I pay about $20 for my landline.  Who's cell phone bill is that cheap?

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 13, 2010, 07:49:36 AM »

It makes me sick that so many people in this country think its the government's place to take care of people who are able bodied enough to pay their own way in life if they just made smarter choices.

What if the government cut off those services because it could no longer afford it (which it can't anyways)?

What would these people do?  Shrivel up and die?  Or would their survival instinct kick in and would they do something about their situation?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30,000 flock to apply for Section 8 in Atlanta « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools