Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens Panthers Preseason Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 13, 2010, 02:11:16 AM

All I know is Flacco and Moore, along with most of the starters all played more than one series and into the second quarter.....are you paying attention Raheem? If we seriously pull our starters after one series I'm gonna flip my lid. These 1st and second year guys need live game experience. Injury is always a risk, but it's just part of the game.
Truth.

I'd rather risk a little bit of injury and make sure everything is working right, than have to watch what we saw for 8 weeks last season.

Didn't Lefty and Luke pretty much take ALL the snaps in (at least) the first two preseason games last year?

Awful, if this is indeed what ends up happening. I think Romo played one series for the Cowboys the other night... but that was the Cowboys... We are the Bucs ... lol

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 13, 2010, 02:17:28 AM

I wouldn't get TOO confident about how bad the Panthers are. The Ravens are right up there with the Colts as AFC favorites.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 13, 2010, 03:39:34 AM

Greg Hardy and Eric Norwood

Two players I wanted the Bucs to draft played pretty good tonight. I was shocked that we didn't draft Hardy at all. He has potential to be a steal.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 13, 2010, 03:40:37 AM

Speaking of defensive linemen, anyone see rookie DT Lamarr Houston dominate vs the Cowboys? Hopefully McCoy can play as well as he did in the opener.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 13, 2010, 04:33:45 AM

Great to have Gruden back doing games. He just cracks me up.

Gruden is what the NFL is all about. 

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 13, 2010, 08:25:15 AM

Speaking of defensive linemen, anyone see rookie DT Lamarr Houston dominate vs the Cowboys? Hopefully McCoy can play as well as he did in the opener.

Pre-season guys. One thing to get it done playing 25 snaps mostly against second teamers. Completely different than the regular season. I think both Houston and Hardy will be good this year, but not going to read too much into the first pre-season game snaps.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 13, 2010, 08:41:30 AM

Having watched the two nationally televised preseason games this year one thing is very evident - back up defensive linemen are much much much better than back up offensive linemen.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#37 : August 13, 2010, 09:15:24 AM

The Ravens D is a LOT DIFFERENT that what the Bucs will be throwing at the Panthers.
The Panthers O will be running the ball right at the BUCS....bet on it.
Hmm...Trying to run at Ray Lewis vs. running at Ruud? You might have a point there.

Damn Rah :-/.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 13, 2010, 09:15:31 AM

All I know is Flacco and Moore, along with most of the starters all played more than one series and into the second quarter.....are you paying attention Raheem? If we seriously pull our starters after one series I'm gonna flip my lid. These 1st and second year guys need live game experience. Injury is always a risk, but it's just part of the game.
Truth.

I'd rather risk a little bit of injury and make sure everything is working right, than have to watch what we saw for 8 weeks last season.

Didn't Lefty and Luke pretty much take ALL the snaps in (at least) the first two preseason games last year?

Awful, if this is indeed what ends up happening. I think Romo played one series for the Cowboys the other night... but that was the Cowboys... We are the Bucs ... lol

That was the Hall of Fame game though. The Cowboys first "real" preseason game was vs Oakland last night and Romo played two series. Many starters played longer than Romo Though.

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#39 : August 13, 2010, 09:25:26 AM

Raheem probably does want to play Free for an entire quarter. But like he said. If something happens to our franchise quarterback. He'll be taking that walk to the owners office. The owners might not say to much publicly. But they must raise pure hell at the office!

Damn Rah :-/.

lowlife

Starter
#40 : August 13, 2010, 09:49:06 AM

Solid DL depth with some bright spots but what seems to be a terrible WR corps.

I don't see the Clausen>Moore argument. Too early, plus Claus went against backups and camp fodder.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 13, 2010, 10:23:41 AM

From the video I've seen the WR's are still gonna be Steve Smith and the Bag of Rocks. The Panthers QB's threw some good passes but there were a lot of drops.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 13, 2010, 10:31:51 AM

Claussen looks like the real deal.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#43 : August 13, 2010, 01:44:14 PM

Solid DL depth with some bright spots but what seems to be a terrible WR corps.

I don't see the Clausen>Moore argument. Too early, plus Claus went against backups and camp fodder.

That's not entirely true.  His first series he was going against Zbikowski, Tits Cody, Jameel McClain, and a few other regular contributors.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 13, 2010, 02:03:54 PM

i'll judge the coaching staff's use of playing time after 4 games, game 3 is a guaranteed 2.5 quarters of play and nobody knows how many snaps some of the starters will play

i get where raheem is coming from that when you keep your starting QB in the game you are forcing 5 other players to stay in the game to.  there's more harm than good (injuries, forced errors, bad habits) that can come from #5 playing behind some group including dotson, fulton, compas, zuttah, and....i can't even name a 5th  backup!  most of those guys are less experienced than freeman.  let your backup be the guinea pig until you see if these guys can pass protect as a group against a 3-4
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens Panthers Preseason Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools