Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens Panthers Preseason Game « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#90 : August 13, 2010, 10:23:41 AM

From the video I've seen the WR's are still gonna be Steve Smith and the Bag of Rocks. The Panthers QB's threw some good passes but there were a lot of drops.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#91 : August 13, 2010, 10:31:51 AM

Claussen looks like the real deal.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#92 : August 13, 2010, 01:44:14 PM

Solid DL depth with some bright spots but what seems to be a terrible WR corps.

I don't see the Clausen>Moore argument. Too early, plus Claus went against backups and camp fodder.

That's not entirely true.  His first series he was going against Zbikowski, Tits Cody, Jameel McClain, and a few other regular contributors.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#93 : August 13, 2010, 02:03:54 PM

i'll judge the coaching staff's use of playing time after 4 games, game 3 is a guaranteed 2.5 quarters of play and nobody knows how many snaps some of the starters will play

i get where raheem is coming from that when you keep your starting QB in the game you are forcing 5 other players to stay in the game to.  there's more harm than good (injuries, forced errors, bad habits) that can come from #5 playing behind some group including dotson, fulton, compas, zuttah, and....i can't even name a 5th  backup!  most of those guys are less experienced than freeman.  let your backup be the guinea pig until you see if these guys can pass protect as a group against a 3-4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#94 : August 13, 2010, 03:27:00 PM

Other than Faine our offensive line is young. I could see this argument if we had a line full of 30 year old  grizzled vets...but we don't. Plug Zuttah in as Center for the second series and have Vincent play LG. Penn, Joseph, and Trueblood aren't so great that they don't need the game time.

This team is too young to miss out on valuable game time. You can't let fear of injury retard your teams growth. Week one of the regular season isn't the time to get experience. It's these four preseason games. Not taking full advantage is a foolish move.

Draft Aaron Donald

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#95 : August 13, 2010, 03:39:18 PM

Claussen looks like the real deal.

Yeah I was really hoping the Vikes and then the Cards would get him once he fell to Car, I was like , great if the South ends up having Brees, Ryan, Freeman, and Clausen. It'll be a bloodbath every year to get in the playoffs.

I've said this before about Clausen he's an arrogant prick, but so was John Elway and Marino. That running game with a good QB would be flipping scary. I think week two @CAR is easier than the home game week ten for the Bucs.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#96 : August 13, 2010, 04:25:47 PM

We are going to kill Carolina.  No one has tried to get better this off-season besides the Bucs.  Freeman is 17 times the QB that Matt Moore is....we have a better OL, D-line, Coaching staff, stadium, hot dogs.....everything.  No one even compares to our team.  We will go 19-0.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#97 : August 13, 2010, 06:29:36 PM

We are going to kill Carolina.  No one has tried to get better this off-season besides the Bucs.  Freeman is 17 times the QB that Matt Moore is....we have a better OL, D-line, Coaching staff, stadium, hot dogs.....everything.  No one even compares to our team.  We will go 19-0.

If you look at last year's two match ups, we almost beat them with Josh Johnson at QB the first time when we were just horrible all around, and we almost beat them again later on when Freeman had his worst game and thru like 3 or 4 picks in the redzone. They did nothing to get better this off season, and they lost Peppers. Plus they lost Thomas Davis for the year again. Other than Beason thier LBs suck. Thier D-line sucks. Thier O-line isn't horrible, but it isn't good either. They have no recievers outside of Smith. They are a one trick pony and if we can stop the run with our new DTs and aggresive play calling....we can beat them twice.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens Panthers Preseason Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools