Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow is a marketing genius! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 17, 2010, 05:35:31 PM

I don't see anyone in the East posing a threat to Bama. Tennessee is a post Kiffin wreck, UGa?? just not sure. UF with Brantley and a huge turnover on D is probably the favorite in the east and they couldn't stop Bama with 4 NFL draftees on D, now w/o them and without Strong at DC?

Who did Bama lose besides MCClain, Arenas, and a 2 down at most NT? On offense they have a now seasoned McElroy, Julio Jones, and Mark Ingram plus a decent O-line (and Trent Richardson may be a better back than Ingram).

i was mistaken.  i thought they returned all their position players but they lost 3 OL.  did they only lose their TE on O?  but i do think they only return 2 starters from their D, so thats a lot of ground to cover.  if brantley stays healthy i think they have a great chance to be SEC champs.  tebow was a great college player, but he forced the offense to become one-dimensional.  if UF finds a DE and a second CB i dont believe their D will miss a step.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 17, 2010, 07:55:26 PM

Far more compelling reply would be a discussion on why the ...

a lot of topics here which dont include the 1980's and circumcisions.

huh?

There never would be a discussion of circumcisions had Tebow and his family not decided that this procedure should be performed by unlicensed missionaries on little Filipino boys. It will always be one of the most bizarre but humorous stories I have ever seen in sports.

Your point?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 17, 2010, 10:52:59 PM

one discussion on circumcisions would have been okay.  finding its way into every thread is childish.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 18, 2010, 10:31:31 AM

Tebow shouldn't have had the stupid haircut and nothing would have been said.  exaggerate much?

What other visible thread mentions Tebow's strange aberrant behavior?

I see a thread on the big 12 started by me and one on Urban Meyers bizarre health issues that changed repeatedly over the last 9 months.  Will we ever know the real story?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 18, 2010, 11:15:10 AM

Tebow shouldn't have had the stupid haircut and nothing would have been said.  exaggerate much?

I see a thread on the big 12 started by me and one on Urban Meyers bizarre health issues that changed repeatedly over the last 9 months.  Will we ever know the real story?

tebow had the haircut because its nfl tradition, but pay no attention to that fact.

and no, you will never know the real story on Meyers health issues nor do you need to.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 18, 2010, 11:33:09 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 21, 2010, 08:37:26 AM

tebow had the haircut because its nfl tradition, but pay no attention to that fact.

Show me a picture of any previous haircut in this NFL tradition that resembles the bizarre cut Tebow received. Just a hunch but I think many of those Bronco players were having fun with Tebow's equally bizarre circumcision behavior in the Philippines.  You did notice that his head is now completely shaved.

and no, you will never know the real story on Meyers health issues nor do you need to.

That is the way it always is at UF.. spin, spin, spin and never give the real story. It is the way of the program.
The program has always been corrupt and continually hides its wrongful behavior from the world. Sordid sullied and full of pseudo arrogance.  That is why it will always "GRATE TO BE A GATOR."  Integrity, honesty, and decency  are largely unknown with the program.   "The arrogance of Notre Dame the tradition of Wake Forest" 

That Meyer would continually lie about his health issues fits perfectly.   

Once in awhile I meet a truly honest gator fan but they are indeed a rarity.

Humorless, arrogant, and disrespectful is the norm which of course explains my posts as I love to see gator fans squirm over inconvenient truths about their program which of course is why I can always count on such responses. 

Great form of entertainment.

Of course confirmation of my assertions will almost always result in personal attacks against me which of course makes the whole situation just that much more humorous.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 23, 2010, 09:42:43 AM

id like you to find where i attacked you or squirmed, just for the sake of humor.  and i do like how you are the judge of Meyers "honesty", when all you have are computer links to form your opinion.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 23, 2010, 11:41:51 AM

id like you to find where i attacked you or squirmed, just for the sake of humor.  and i do like how you are the judge of Meyers "honesty", when all you have are computer links to form your opinion.

Wasn't referring to you personally attacking me but certainly that is the response of many gator fans.

Why do you care so much about me posting about something humorous about Tebow?

I question Meyer's honesty because his story changed repeatedly from the time the game at Alabama ended concerning his supposed health related issues for several months after.

Was it a heart attack,  Panic attack, Indigestion, acid reflux?  What do these have to do with spending more time with family?   Why were there rumors of an affair with a Bull Gators daughter?  The guy is just wound too tight IMO.

What was with all the crap with the UF reporter?   Why can't he call FSU by its name?  Why make assinine statements about recruiting only the top 1%?  Why state to Marcus Thomas that "I will destroy any chance you have in the NFL"?   

UF fans and hogtown spend far too much time trying to spin everything rather than just being honest about events.
Hey, just don't say anything rather than always spinning stuff.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 23, 2010, 01:49:21 PM

Why do you care so much about me posting about something humorous about Tebow?

I question Meyer's honesty because his story changed repeatedly from the time the game at Alabama ended concerning his supposed health related issues for several months after.

Was it a heart attack,  Panic attack, Indigestion, acid reflux?  What do these have to do with spending more time with family?   Why were there rumors of an affair with a Bull Gators daughter?  The guy is just wound too tight IMO.

What was with all the crap with the UF reporter?   Why can't he call FSU by its name?  Why make assinine statements about recruiting only the top 1%?  Why state to Marcus Thomas that "I will destroy any chance you have in the NFL"?   

UF fans and hogtown spend far too much time trying to spin everything rather than just being honest about events.
Hey, just don't say anything rather than always spinning stuff.

if you want to post something humorous about tebow thats no problem.  but we certainly have different views of humor and the use of a dead horse.

did Meyers story change?  i didnt think he ever said much on the issue.  rumors have certainly covered every base, but i cant remember Meyer ever commenting publicly about his health issues.  i mean really, outside of his family, who cares if it was a heart attack or panic attack?  if it was acid reflux or indigestion?  something was out of place and has seemed to be fixed.  there doesnt have to be a smoking gun.  he IS wound too tight, which directly correlates to spending more time with his family.

you are the only one that has ever mentioned rumors of an affair, and you were very shady in describing the rumor.  the issue with the reporter he felt he was defending his player.  he doesnt call fsu by name as a motivational tactic.  similar to saban not letting his players use the word "hot" at practice.  as for the top 1% of the 1%, why must you take the quote so literal?  possibly there is some hyperbole there?  hmmm.

what is really good is that UF fans are thrilled with their coach and the direction of the program.  fsu fans say they are too.  it'll be another fun game in november im sure.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 23, 2010, 01:58:40 PM

Why can't he call FSU by its name?

funny, just came across this...

-So you know how Urban Meyer never refers to Florida State by name? Always calls ‘em that “school out west.” Well, seems like Jimbo Fisher has taken note. While Fisher was breaking down the schedule during his “State of the Seminoles” address, he finally got to the Florida game at the end of the season. But he didn’t mention Florida as “Florida” or even “the Gators.” No, Fisher called Florida “that little team down the road.” I like it. There’s nothing like subtle jabs at your rival to make things interesting. For the fans. For people like me. This is what this rivalry needs – especially given it has been so lopsided in recent seasons.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2010/08/florida-state-coach-jimbo-fisher-has-new-name-for-florida-%E2%80%A6-and-other-nuggets-from-annual-seminoles-football-kickoff-luncheon.html

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 23, 2010, 04:42:34 PM

Maybe Jimbo and his offense can score more than 15 points vs. that little team down the road this season.  He's O-for so far...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 24, 2010, 08:46:46 AM

Fisher has referred to the University of Florida as UF , the University of Florida, and  Gators.  Meyer has yet to refer to FSU and the Seminoles to anything but "School Out West".  Is he too chicken to say FSU or Seminoles?  or is he just being the silly uptight putz he always is?

Thanks though for proving my point that UF fans are the most thin skinned of all.  Did "Little Ole Team down the road really offend you?   Really?

::)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 24, 2010, 09:28:44 AM

Urban could refer to FSU as his beotch, since he kicks the crap out of them every year.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 24, 2010, 05:13:28 PM

Urban could refer to FSU as his beotch,.

I thought that is what he called that UF Coed that he slept with that his wife and daughter found out about?  ;D
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow is a marketing genius! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools