Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow is a marketing genius! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

« #30 : August 24, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »

You obsess over the strangest things. Meyer's health, circumcisions, what Meyer calls the 3rd largest state school in Florida, etc.

I've heard plenty of other HCs refer to a rival by something other than their name. Would you prefer "free shoes U" to that school out west? Or would "that Music Appreciation School" be better? I've heard Carroll refer to UCLA as "that state school cross town" and a couple SEC coaches refer to LSU with a colloquialism. Last few years I have just refered to FSU as "that gimme game at Thanksgiving"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #31 : August 24, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »

Fisher has referred to the University of Florida as UF , the University of Florida, and  Gators.  Meyer has yet to refer to FSU and the Seminoles to anything but "School Out West".  Is he too chicken to say FSU or Seminoles?  or is he just being the silly uptight putz he always is?

Thanks though for proving my point that UF fans are the most thin skinned of all.  Did "Little Ole Team down the road really offend you?   Really?

its odd that its fine for fisher to do it, just not Meyer.   also odd that you talk of being thin skinned and being offended.  was that directed at me  because i pointed out that your coach does the same thing as Meyer?

sometimes its better to be a grown man and not try to weasel out of every lost argument.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #32 : August 25, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »

Sometimes it is better to stick to the original topic rather than trying to make comparisons between someone being a bit playful and another being a  horses A double.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #33 : August 27, 2010, 08:42:32 AM »

now now, dont become all childish when a poster asks you to act like a grown up.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #34 : August 13, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »

Has there ever been a better marketing tool for the future than Tebow keeping his Circumcision Business going?  Great advertisement!

Little boys should be lining up for his expert clipping! ;D

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #35 : August 13, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

I am a Seminoles fan but even this is dumb. I guess you are still pissed he was the face of Florida football. And I mean the  State not the team.

Face it, FSU sucks right now and UF is a powerhouse. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 13, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »

The 2010 season might change that up a bit...

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #37 : August 13, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »

For who? FSU or UF?

FSU will continue to underachieve to VTech and BC and GTech. UF still is in a 1-2-3 position in the conference with Alabama and LSU.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 13, 2010, 10:26:56 PM »

For who? FSU or UF?

FSU will continue to underachieve to VTech and BC and GTech. UF still is in a 1-2-3 position in the conference with Alabama and LSU.

Have some faith, "Seminoles fan". 

Underachieve this year?  I doubt it.  Ponder will amaze people this year.  And the defense will improve.  Those ACC schools you mentioned won't threaten FSU this year.  Miami will though.

As for the SEC... Bama all the way.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #39 : August 13, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

I am a Seminoles fan but even this is dumb. I guess you are still pissed he was the face of Florida football. And I mean the  State not the team.

What has this picture got to do with Tebow's face or the state of FSU or Florida football?

If you don't recognize the hilarious  resemblance of a circumcision scar and Tebow's haircut, I guess you are just lacking in a sense of humor.

"I am a Seminoles fan"   From your last couple of comments, I kind of doubt the honesty of that statement.

I doubt there are many Seminole fans that wouldn't think Tebow's haircut was just a bit funny and worthy of a little lighthearted humor.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #40 : August 14, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »

If you don't recognize the hilarious  resemblance of a circumcision scar

i dont think ive ever heard of anything being compared to a circumcision scar....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #41 : August 14, 2010, 12:52:39 PM »

Underachieve this year?  I doubt it.  Ponder will amaze people this year.  And the defense will improve.  Those ACC schools you mentioned won't threaten FSU this year.  Miami will though.

not to highjack a wonderful thread...but do you really think fsu has enough receivers?  the D definitely has a lot of names, but will it have the DL?

as for the SEC, i think bama lost a lot more than people remember.  but they will still win the west, just not the conference imo.

« #42 : August 14, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »

If you don't recognize the hilarious� resemblance of a circumcision scar

i dont think ive ever heard of anything being compared to a circumcision scar....

I've never spent any time studying circumcision scars, so I'll defer to Runole's expertise in that area.

« #43 : August 14, 2010, 01:58:06 PM »

not to highjack a wonderful thread...but do you really think fsu has enough receivers?  the D definitely has a lot of names, but will it have the DL?

as for the SEC, i think bama lost a lot more than people remember.  but they will still win the west, just not the conference imo.

I don't see anyone in the East posing a threat to Bama. Tennessee is a post Kiffin wreck, UGa?? just not sure. UF with Brantley and a huge turnover on D is probably the favorite in the east and they couldn't stop Bama with 4 NFL draftees on D, now w/o them and without Strong at DC?

Who did Bama lose besides MCClain, Arenas, and a 2 down at most NT? On offense they have a now seasoned McElroy, Julio Jones, and Mark Ingram plus a decent O-line (and Trent Richardson may be a better back than Ingram).

I am guessing/predicting an OSU/Bama Nat Champ game.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #44 : August 15, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »

If you don't recognize the hilariousďż˝ resemblance of a circumcision scar

I've never spent any time studying circumcision scars, so I'll defer to Runole's expertise in that area.

So are you uncircumcised?  If you aren't ?  Good news! Tim Tebow has perfected a new hands free technique!

While he is the recognized expert on such things you might not fit his preferred patient type which is much younger.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow is a marketing genius! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools