Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keeper Question « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: August 13, 2010, 06:56:17 PM

I'm in a 10 team league where each team keeps 1 player. 6 pts per touchdown(passing/receiving/rushing)

I have QB Peyton Manning and RB Steven Jackson.  My question is who do I keep?  I pick 3rd and here's the players that are taken.

1. QB Tom Brady
2. WR Larry Fitzgerald
3. Me.

Other keepers: Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones Drew, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Frank Gore, & Randy Moss.

From first glance, I thought that Peyton Manning should be my keeper, but after assessing this, shouldn't I keep Steven Jackson?

The team picking first won't take a QB and if the guy picking 2nd wants a QB and picks Peyton, I could get Brees at 3.

Who should I target at 3?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 13, 2010, 07:17:09 PM

Take Brees...he's a fantasy monster.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2010, 01:45:46 AM

The Brees-Jackson combo is much stronger than what you'd have if you kept Peyton and waited to see what came around for your next pick.
The only downside on Jackson is that he's always questionable, probable, etc....
You'll be checking the injury report like crazy on Sundays with him but you probably know that already from having him previously.

Turn the page.

X Factor

Starter
#3 : August 14, 2010, 11:45:35 AM

If you look at the last couple years having a top 5 QB is just as if not more important then having a top RB. I would keep Manning, then take best available RB - M. Turner, D. Williams ect... Personally I wouldn't want any part of Jackson, like it's been said he takes a pounding and misses games, on a sorry team.
And if you do keep Jackson I would take Rodgers over Brees personally...  Super Bowl hangover is going to hit the Saints...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 13, 2010, 06:56:17 PM

I'm in a 10 team league where each team keeps 1 player. 6 pts per touchdown(passing/receiving/rushing)

I have QB Peyton Manning and RB Steven Jackson.  My question is who do I keep?  I pick 3rd and here's the players that are taken.

1. QB Tom Brady
2. WR Larry Fitzgerald
3. Me.

Other keepers: Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones Drew, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Frank Gore, & Randy Moss.

From first glance, I thought that Peyton Manning should be my keeper, but after assessing this, shouldn't I keep Steven Jackson?

The team picking first won't take a QB and if the guy picking 2nd wants a QB and picks Peyton, I could get Brees at 3.

Who should I target at 3?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 13, 2010, 07:17:09 PM

Take Brees...he's a fantasy monster.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 14, 2010, 01:45:46 AM

The Brees-Jackson combo is much stronger than what you'd have if you kept Peyton and waited to see what came around for your next pick.
The only downside on Jackson is that he's always questionable, probable, etc....
You'll be checking the injury report like crazy on Sundays with him but you probably know that already from having him previously.

Turn the page.

X Factor

Starter
#7 : August 14, 2010, 11:45:35 AM

If you look at the last couple years having a top 5 QB is just as if not more important then having a top RB. I would keep Manning, then take best available RB - M. Turner, D. Williams ect... Personally I wouldn't want any part of Jackson, like it's been said he takes a pounding and misses games, on a sorry team.
And if you do keep Jackson I would take Rodgers over Brees personally...  Super Bowl hangover is going to hit the Saints...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keeper Question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools