Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those of us that want to see Marcus Thomas a Buccaneer... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 14, 2007, 11:21:45 PM

Marinelli is pretty high on Branch. ;)

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 14, 2007, 11:38:48 PM

Caradoc, Please don't speak for the rest of the world.  You don't speak for me.  Besides the NFL wouldn't give a crap except that the rest of the world does.  Thats the only reason. They sure didn't give a crap when Bill Romanowski was doing everything to his body. 

And its pretty funny you say that when this thread is about a guy who just said he messed up his life by hanging with the wrong people and smoking weed. 

I have had experience personally as a student and as a teacher and I have seen the effect weed has on education from both perspectives and it does nothing but ruin education.  Do you think kids who are getting high are getting the education they should be getting?  Well they're not.  They are cutting short their chances at a good education.

Alcohol-Driving fast and reckless
Marijuana-Driving slow and cautious

Alcohol-Wants to fight
Marijuana-Wants to "chill"(sitting on the couch)

Alcohol-LETS GO TO A PARTY!
Marijuana-LETS MAKE SOME POPCORN MAN!

You see what I'm getting at. 

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#17 : March 14, 2007, 11:40:59 PM

If Thomas is back on track and is taken in the mid 2nd or later he is going to be the steal of this draft... Hell if he hadn't had the little weed thing we would probably be considering him with numero 4... he was going to be the 1st DT off the board above Branch and Okoye... I am very hopeful we take him.

psymun

Starter
#18 : March 14, 2007, 11:56:39 PM

Alcohol-Driving fast and reckless
Marijuana-Driving slow and cautious

Alcohol-Wants to fight
Marijuana-Wants to "chill"(sitting on the couch)

Alcohol-LETS GO TO A PARTY!
Marijuana-LETS MAKE SOME POPCORN MAN!

You see what I'm getting at.

You're 100% Correct...

Marijuana has been proven to be significantly LESS imipairing and kill significantly LESS brain cells than alcohol. With some strands, it actual increases brain cell regeneration and restores synapses...

The difference is the abuse...

Itchalot... if kids were coming to school DRUNK the way they came to school HIGH you would notice the difference...

The problem with education isn't the fact that they do it. It's the fact that they do it constantly. You can't even tell most recreational smokers from anyone else...

While I agree with the Marcus Thomas points, smoking weed doesn't screw up a person's life as bad as alcohol does, (other than the fact that it's illegal) but yet I bet most of the people saying that Marcus Thomas is such a BAD kid for smoking weed smoke ciggarettes and drink...

LA BUC

Starter

#19 : March 15, 2007, 12:10:17 AM

Take him with the 1st 2nd round pick . Don't wait he's going somewhere in the 2nd round.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 15, 2007, 12:15:08 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! YOUR AN IDIOT!!! I happen to smoke marijuana 3 times a day and to be honest. It completely makes me pay better attention and gets me through the day better. My friends are the exact same way. Are grades have gone up.

Except English and Grammar I guess-- it is "Our" not "Are" you pot head. Actually I just find it funny you say your grades are up and then completely botch simple grammar. Thanks for the laugh.

Being in medicine I must admit though that Alcohol abuse has far more detrimental effects than the THC use I have seen in my daily practice. The detrimental effects of Marijuana come from more of the pesticides used on it than THC itself. THC users also seem to be more casual users while the alcohol users seem to be more abusers. The research out there shows similar patterns as well.

As for Thomas he will be a steal if he can keep his nose clean

#21 : March 15, 2007, 07:58:39 AM

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3326§ion=N%20Latest%20News

"The only thing with me is that marijuana thing,” Thomas said. “I’ve never had any other off-the-field issues. I’ve never been arrested or anything or had any other issues. That was just something I did being dumb and hanging around the wrong people. That really messed me up a lot. I just have to let people know that it’s in the past and that’s not who I am now.”

Marcus when his head is on right is the most dominat undertackle in the draft.

The kid before the suspension was slotted as a top 10 pick no questions asked. He is a big guy but the freakish thing about him is his speed. The kid flat out FLIES!!!

He his a great Pass rusher but also has the ability to switch up and stop the run.

I think he was a big part of Florida holding Tennessee to under 30 yards rushing in Knoxville. Urban tried all year to find a replacement for Marcus but really never did...if he can leave the wed alone (or at least pass his first test) then he will be a GREAT D lineman and a perfect fit for the Tampa Two

Reminds me a lot of Warren Sapp...and really has the same rap Warren did out of Miami.

BUCS226

Practice Squad

#22 : March 15, 2007, 08:09:22 AM

I seem to remember another DT that had problems with the mean green coming out of some Miami school and we took a chance & drafted him I forget his name but he played pretty good for us... it was something like Tapp, Chapp or maybe Sapp dont remember... I'm pretty high ;0)

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 15, 2007, 08:34:24 AM

Thats what I was about to say. Good post noobster.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 15, 2007, 08:40:14 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! YOUR AN IDIOT!!! I happen to smoke marijuana 3 times a day and to be honest. It completely makes me pay better attention and gets me through the day better. My friends are the exact same way. Are grades have gone up.

Except English and Grammar I guess-- it is "Our" not "Are" you pot head. Actually I just find it funny you say your grades are up and then completely botch simple grammar. Thanks for the laugh.

Being in medicine I must admit though that Alcohol abuse has far more detrimental effects than the THC use I have seen in my daily practice. The detrimental effects of Marijuana come from more of the pesticides used on it than THC itself. THC users also seem to be more casual users while the alcohol users seem to be more abusers. The research out there shows similar patterns as well.

As for Thomas he will be a steal if he can keep his nose clean

Dude. I don't even care about that..so what I have bad grammar. Who cares...i was already stupid at English.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 16, 2007, 08:34:30 AM

let me ask how many of you have been to the projects in St Pete or other large cities and seen how it can ruin not only you but others around you.

ya, POT is what makes a city a ghetto. POT is what causes people to rob and shoot each other. POT is the drug that causes decay in the projects.

you're right. it's not coke or crack... it's pot.

and that gateway drug. if you're that much of a weakminded little sissy girl that you can't try pot without trying coke than you shouldn't even be smoking a cigarette or tasting alcohol. Addiction is a sign of mental weakness.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 15, 2007, 10:34:27 AM

Typical Hurricane fan................... 

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 15, 2007, 11:41:36 AM

It makes no difference what WE think about pot. The NFL says NO very clearly. No ifs, ands or buts.

Is it worth the risk of taking a player high in the draft, which could very well mean a starter and then have him suspended for using pot?

With all the hellabaloo going on in the NFL about players breaking conduct policy, don't think its worth the gamble. PFT reported today the union and the league are discussing changing the conduct policy to make it tougher for those who beak the rules (about damn time,IMO).

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 15, 2007, 11:41:44 AM

Its not about the weed, its about his ultimate selfhishness as a player. As a Gator I can attest to the fact that Coach Meyer bent over backwards to keep this kid on the team even though he tested positive on 3 different occasions. His character is a big question mark. Great player indeed, but he has lots of growing up to do to make it as a professional.
OK Richard I would like to hear you elaborate on that a little bit, because there are people on this board who have the opinion that Meyer used Thomas to make an example for the other players.  That there were two tests right in a row, or that Meyer was a merciless drill sargeant.   Somehow Thomas was the victim. 

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 15, 2007, 11:43:04 AM

Typical Hurricane fan................... 

Real mature. I dont even like the Canes that much. I like USF better.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those of us that want to see Marcus Thomas a Buccaneer... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools