Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Alice in Chains bassist dies at age 44 « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: March 10, 2011, 08:01:28 AM

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr, who played on the band's first two influential albums and was one of the last people to see singer Layne Staley alive, has been found dead in a Salt Lake City, Utah home, TMZ reports. Starr, who was 44, was arrested earlier this month in Salt Lake City and found to be in possession of six Xanax pills and six Opana painkillers. According to a police report, Starr asked an officer if he'd heard of Alice in Chains, and said he was in Utah with a friend to put together a new band. "It's a terrible shock and tragedy," the rocker's father told the website today..

Starr played on the Seattle band's 1990 album Facelift and cowrote "It Ain't Like That" and "Confusion." He also performed on 1992's Sap EP and Dirt LP, which featured the band's breakout tracks "Down in a Hole," "Rooster," and "Would?" which also appeared on the soundtrack to the film Singles (the band also briefly performed onstage in the movie, too). Starr exited the band in 1993 and later admitted he'd been booted because his drug problem was out of control.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/88626/ex-alice-in-chains-bassist-mike-starr-dead-at-44/

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : March 10, 2011, 07:39:53 PM

See the cycle I've waited for?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 10, 2011, 10:39:03 PM

See the cycle I've waited for?
Love chugging along on my guitar to that swampy song.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Alice in Chains bassist dies at age 44 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools