Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broooooooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#45 : October 23, 2006, 08:34:43 AM

I agree with Chev here.   You don't even consider getting rid of Brooks.   He's been the heart and soul of this team for so long now, he should retire a Buccaneer.   We are so spoiled by his top caliber level of play for about the last 10 years that when he actually misses a tackle, it's a shock.    He's still playing at a high level and is still the leader of the team - not just the defense, but the leader of the entire team.    It was a mistake to let Lynch and Sapp go, I'm glad to see they didn't make that mistake with Mr. Derrick Brooks.    Sure, that missed tackle could have been huge, but we won the game!   Bring on the Giants - we're on fire!
I feel like I'm in the electric chair then, because there has been a whole hell of a lot of missed tackles this year.

bveghte

Pro Bowler
#46 : October 23, 2006, 08:59:59 AM

The best solution is to keep Brooks as the starter and just rotate in Winborn for an ever increasing number of snaps (20-50%) until we find the ideal mixture. This would preserve Brooks' leadership role and dignity, yet also bring some young fire to the LB core. It would also keep Derrick better rested, which should improve his play.

Next year we need to draft his replacement in Rd 1 or early Rd 2. We need to go DT (Marcus Thomas or the Tank) in Rd 1 and WLB with our high pick in Rd. 2. With our low Rd. 2 pick we should go SS. Those are the three key positions in Kiffen's D, and they all need an influsion of young, fiery talent. Compare the energy of Chicago or even Washington's D to ours, and it quickly becomes clear that we lack energy and dynamism. With three smart picks at these key positions in April we might be able to get the D on track again before Barber, Rice and Brooks retire. Brooks could remain the starter next year but split time 50/50 with the new guy, showing him the ropes and remaining the team leader.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#47 : October 23, 2006, 09:04:37 AM

The best solution is to keep Brooks as the starter and just rotate in Winborn for an ever increasing number of snaps (20-50%) until we find the ideal mixture. This would preserve Brooks' leadership role and dignity, yet also bring some young fire to the LB core. It would also keep Derrick better rested, which should improve his play.

Next year we need to draft his replacement in Rd 1 or early Rd 2. We need to go DT (Marcus Thomas or the Tank) in Rd 1 and WLB with our high pick in Rd. 2. With our low Rd. 2 pick we should go SS. Those are the three key positions in Kiffen's D, and they all need an influsion of young, fiery talent. Compare the energy of Chicago or even Washington's D to ours, and it quickly becomes clear that we lack energy and dynamism. With three smart picks at these key positions in April we might be able to get the D on track again before Barber, Rice and Brooks retire. Brooks could remain the starter next year but split time 50/50 with the new guy, showing him the ropes and remaining the team leader.
Draft picks are not guarantees. What are guarantees are young stud Free Agents who play the same position at a high level, working in the same defensive scheme.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 23, 2006, 09:06:38 AM

Draft picks are not guarantees. What are guarantees are young stud Free Agents who play the same position at a high level, working in the same defensive scheme.
There are NO such things as guarantees in this league, but I would like to see Briggs here as much as anyone.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#49 : October 23, 2006, 09:20:53 AM

rotating Brooks and winborn ios the best way to go, lets hop ethey start to do it. they need to!

#50 : October 23, 2006, 09:48:20 AM

Buster Davis ... Buccaneers ... round 2.  Kiper describes him as a shorter Ray Lewis.

If Winborn were so hot he'd be out there getting reps. 

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#51 : October 23, 2006, 09:50:31 AM

Buster Davis ... Buccaneers ... round 2.  Kiper describes him as a shorter Ray Lewis.

If Winborn were so hot he'd be out there getting reps. 
And have delirious fans cry about Brooks being disrespected????

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 23, 2006, 10:13:24 AM

DB is a guys you just can't do that too.  I know it might even may make sense.  But if I'm Bruce Allen I can't pull that trigger.  I know I wouldn't be able to do it.  Can you imagine being the GM who dumps Derrick Brooks?  The PR nightmare alone is this city would be outrageous to say the least...You just can't put an HOF'er on the shelf like that.  I believe he's a guy how has earned, and with the way he redid his contract, paid to still be here...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#53 : October 23, 2006, 10:15:38 AM

Chev,
As a man, I have to believe that Mr. Brooks will step up to the plate and go to management and work out a solution that saves face for the team and him.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#54 : October 23, 2006, 12:59:07 PM

Brooks needs to retire after this year.

Lets not do another Alstott.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#55 : October 23, 2006, 10:39:44 AM

I just feel the time has come to get his backup or replacement some snaps and share the knowledge of the Tampa D. Waiting until he cannot make the plays anymore will only hurt the team as a whole. Whatever happened to passing the torch while it is still lit? I know benching him will have an effect on the team since he is a captain but its apparent some changes are needed and should be started soon. 60 / 40 between Brooks / Winborn sounds about right.

bOOm

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#56 : October 23, 2006, 10:40:36 AM

I just feel the time has come to get his backup or replacement some snaps and share the knowledge of the Tampa D. Waiting until he cannot make the plays anymore will only hurt the team as a whole. Whatever happened to passing the torch while it is still lit? I know benching him will have an effect on the team since he is a captain but its apparent some changes are needed and should be started soon. 60 / 40 between Brooks / Winborn sounds about right.

bOOm
Excellent post!!!!

#57 : October 23, 2006, 12:54:25 PM

The problem is that our "d" has been seriously run over during the 4th quarters this year.  Outside of Ronde's performance yesterday, the "d" was smoked.  DB needs to own his and the d's struggles. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#58 : October 23, 2006, 12:41:15 PM

yeah we are going to need a better showing nextweek for sure.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#59 : October 23, 2006, 11:18:55 AM

bOOm

i am with this
Excellent post!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broooooooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools