Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broooooooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 22, 2006, 06:02:40 PM

After the way the defense finished that game, I had a sick feeling even after the Bryant massive
kick. DB whiffing is typical of this year. Is this defense good enough to help us win the big
games down the line? I have major doubts after today. We need lots of D help in FA and draft.
I'll take the win but worry about the D.

I don't worry about Grads because his struggles are expected for a rookie. Was he hurt too?
They showed his rib padding on the sidelines.

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 22, 2006, 06:46:30 PM

Don't sit brooks, that's silly.  But it's time to let Winborn see some snaps, and today they made the first step in that...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 23, 2006, 12:27:41 PM

Guys brooks missed a tackle on arguable THE most dangerous open field runner in the NFL. He should have made the tackle, majority of the times he would.

We need Briggs........

Baghead #2

nickerson56

Starter
#33 : October 23, 2006, 12:23:33 AM

Talk bad about Brooks all you want, but at least the guy is loyal.  Judging by the posts on here, its a shame fans dont recipricate the measure.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 23, 2006, 12:24:51 AM

The whole defense took their turn whiffing on Westbrook.  This "speed" defense is sure having their hands full with speed runners.
I heard even Booger missed on him....

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#35 : October 23, 2006, 12:46:31 AM

Lance Briggs!

We'll have the money...I agree...he's a beast and he's young!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#36 : October 23, 2006, 01:10:10 AM

And to think people thoguht I was Crazy when I said after last season we needed to try and trade Brooks at all costs while the rest of the league still thought he was good. I hope someone remebers that!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 23, 2006, 01:15:26 AM

And to think people thoguht I was Crazy when I said after last season we needed to try and trade Brooks at all costs while the rest of the league still thought he was good. I hope someone remebers that!!!
I still think you're crazy...
He needs to be moved to a "backup" level of snaps next year, maybe a little more...Start sharing more snaps this year...but you don't want to lose that leadership and experience...Unless you get a supastud replacement.  Even then you keep him as a backup/mentor for a year...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 23, 2006, 01:18:31 AM

I remember that, but doesn't mean I think it owuld have made the team better.

Brooks will make a play or two before the season is done....thanks Nece.  Errr...Thanks NFL refs...loL!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#39 : October 23, 2006, 02:16:43 AM

I remember that, but doesn't mean I think it owuld have made the team better.

Brooks will make a play or two before the season is done....thanks Nece.  Errr...Thanks NFL refs...loL!
I hope you're not blaming Nece for Westbrook's last TD. The commentators said it was Nece who missed the initial tackle, but it was Brooks.

#40 : October 23, 2006, 02:36:41 AM

i hope he gets lit up on his show this week.  he is old and slow.  bryant bailed the defense out today, because they blew a 17 pt lead, gave up 200+ yards rushing and 500 total yards.  it nice to get turnovers, but you have to be able to close the deal on a 17-0 lead at home.   

Why would you bash the greatest Buc ever on his radio show that he does for the fans? Ive thought he was showing signs of slowing down since last year. Many people on here bashed me for saying Quarles had a better year than Brooks. But cut the dude some slack, he's still a good football player. Just not great anymore

BUKANEER

Rookie

#41 : October 23, 2006, 06:17:40 AM

Lance Briggs!
When the Bears drafted Briggs, Lovie Smith told him he wanted him to be the Derrick Brooks of his defence, hence him wearing 55. Okay, that anecdote doesn't contribute anything, but yeah...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 23, 2006, 07:25:42 AM

Nece has been solid this year and has been stout in the run game.  I know we hate to denigrate the HOF'er...but facts are facts and the tape don't lie...Love Brooks.  I for sure wouldn't have wanted to let him go.  Still don't.  At this point he's our "Old Man River" and one of the last links to the Orange and White history.  That guy is a Hall of Famer, worthy of closing it out in Pewter and Red.  Any talk of getting rid of him, IMO, is ludicrous...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 23, 2006, 07:36:02 AM

I agree with Chev here.   You don't even consider getting rid of Brooks.   He's been the heart and soul of this team for so long now, he should retire a Buccaneer.   We are so spoiled by his top caliber level of play for about the last 10 years that when he actually misses a tackle, it's a shock.    He's still playing at a high level and is still the leader of the team - not just the defense, but the leader of the entire team.    It was a mistake to let Lynch and Sapp go, I'm glad to see they didn't make that mistake with Mr. Derrick Brooks.    Sure, that missed tackle could have been huge, but we won the game!   Bring on the Giants - we're on fire!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#44 : October 23, 2006, 08:33:19 AM

Nece has been solid this year and has been stout in the run game.  I know we hate to denigrate the HOF'er...but facts are facts and the tape don't lie...Love Brooks.  I for sure wouldn't have wanted to let him go.  Still don't.  At this point he's our "Old Man River" and one of the last links to the Orange and White history.  That guy is a Hall of Famer, worthy of closing it out in Pewter and Red.  Any talk of getting rid of him, IMO, is ludicrous...
So losing games for the sake of sentimentality is OK???
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broooooooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools