Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broooooooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 23, 2006, 12:13:02 PM

I just feel the time has come to get his backup or replacement some snaps and share the knowledge of the Tampa D. Waiting until he cannot make the plays anymore will only hurt the team as a whole. Whatever happened to passing the torch while it is still lit? I know benching him will have an effect on the team since he is a captain but its apparent some changes are needed and should be started soon. 60 / 40 between Brooks / Winborn sounds about right.

bOOm
Excellent post!!!!

Based on what I've seen this year, I really can't argue with you guys.  The only argument I have is that he's a Hall of Famer.  A guy that I'm proud of and a guy who's given his heart, soul, and money to this team and community.  I'd say he's earned the right to go out his way...But that's JMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 23, 2006, 12:14:34 PM

yeah going out his way  will hurt the team but i guess thats ok, LOL

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#62 : October 23, 2006, 12:19:12 PM

yeah going out his way will hurt the team but i guess thats ok, LOL

He missed a tackle.  And while that is the prevailing issue on this team this year, I think it's personified because it was Derrick.  I just don't think he's the cast off you guys are trying to make him.  He's going to make more, in the course of a year, than he will miss.  This team is gaining momentum.  It may not take them far in the playoffs, much less get them there.  But they could have folded the tent at 0-4 but they didn't.  And all we can do on Monday is look for ways to denigrate them and call for the most beloved player in team history other than LeRoy to be gone?  Not me you guys can have this thread, I'm out... [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#63 : October 23, 2006, 12:26:01 PM

Chev, I'm very happy with the 2 wins. But if not for a gift from the refs in the Cincy game, and a miracle kick by Bryant, Brooks and his cast of characters didn't do their jobs.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 23, 2006, 04:37:57 PM

please retire brooks next year

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 24, 2006, 07:15:19 PM

The best solution is to keep Brooks as the starter and just rotate in Winborn for an ever increasing number of snaps (20-50%) until we find the ideal mixture. This would preserve Brooks' leadership role and dignity, yet also bring some young fire to the LB core. It would also keep Derrick better rested, which should improve his play.

agreed, that is best solution for all parties involved.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 24, 2006, 07:21:23 PM

Guys brooks missed a tackle on arguable THE most dangerous open field runner in the NFL. He should have made the tackle, majority of the times he would.

We need Briggs........

"majority of the time he would"  i'm not sure you can say that anymore.  he has missed plenty of tackles this year, including guys that are less elusive than Westbrook. How about when some no name chump fullback trucked Brooks for a TD in the Atlanta game??? i never said brooks should be cut or benched, but if the Bucs are serious about Winborn, then he needs to be sharing the WLB playting time with Brooks.  It would allow Brooks to keep the title of "starting LB" but would also give him more rest and keep him fresh in the 4th so he doesn't whiff on a routine tackle that could/should have lost us the game. 

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#67 : October 24, 2006, 08:38:54 PM

I have no hate for Mr. Brooks and can only point towards a building process for the LB core. Does the good outweigh the bad? I would say yes but if your leader is missing tackles in key situations, the rest of the squad will under perform. I hope I'm wrong and he gets a pick and 13 tackles on Sunday. Being in the now will only delay the inevitable.

Come back to the discussion Chev, your insight is clear and impartial. Something I enjoy greatly.

bOOm
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Broooooooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools