Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this will be how the top 5 picks play out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

shall555

Starter

« : March 15, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »

1-J. Russell Oakland
2-B.Quinn- Detriot
3- A.Peterson- cleveland
4- C.Johnson- Tampa
5- J.Thomas- Arizona

Watch what i say

You hit the nail on the head. I think it plays out exactly like this.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 15, 2007, 05:39:24 PM »

Pappnole- Why trade our best pass rusher on the team for an unproven rookie? Keep Rice for 1 year draft a DE sometime in the draft..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

pappanole33

Rookie

« #2 : March 15, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »

[banghead]Calvin Johnson is too great of a player, I don't see anyway he even makes it to 4th, I don't care what the needs of the other teams are. That's like the Texans passing on Reggie Bush, no way lightning strikes twice.  Realistically my focus has turned to a D-line player, because there is only one place to aquire a great LT and that's in the top of the first round, so Thomas is likely out also. That's cool with me since we have Petigut, and we need to rebuild that D-line BAD!!!!!!! TRADE RICE WHILE WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 15, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »

1-JeMarcus Russel
2-Brady Quinn
3-Adrian Peterson
4-Joe Thomas
5-Gaines Adams

I hate to say it but I agree with the goober(Karen) As much as I love CJ we need to fix the offensive line for good. Pettigout is good but he is a older vet. If Thomas is there the Bucs should take him. You don't need a star receiver to have a explosive offense, see Kansas City,San Diego,Denver,New Orleans, and Seattle for proof of that.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 15, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »

Joe Thomas at center or guard... Pass please at 4 overall,give me CJ..Galloway is a hammy away from calling it quits

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

« #5 : March 15, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »

Exactly. Hate and Fresh have got it straight.

pappanole33

Rookie

« #6 : March 15, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »

how do you know he's overhyped? have you gone to his workouts, gone to every game he's played in his life? i think these scouts know a little bit more about these players than we do. "Like they all are" so i guess peyton manning was over hyped? i believe he did save a franchise. anyone who has any knowledge what so ever about football prospects knows that all you have to work with is potential with these kids and thomas has the most potential. plus who cares if they have backus and foster this kid is the future. those players will get old one day and the top of the first round is the only place to get a kid like this.

shall555

Starter

« #7 : March 15, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »

Why would Detroit take Thomas when they've got Backus and Foster? You guys make it sound like JT is Superman and Chuck Norris rolled into one. He's just another overhyped prospect that is supposed to be the savior of a franchise. Like they all are.

nflinsider

Starter

« #8 : March 15, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »

1-J. Russell Oakland
2-B.Quinn- Detriot
3- A.Peterson- cleveland
4- C.Johnson- Tampa
5- J.Thomas- Arizona

Watch what i say

Watch what I say...There aint no way Detroit is passing on Thomas. If they did, I think it would be hard for us to pass on him...even with CJ still on the board.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #9 : March 15, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »

Get ready for the laughs when Arizona is forced into taking Levi Brown.

pappanole33

Rookie

« #10 : March 15, 2007, 06:02:30 PM »

if it were me and it was possible i would send simms and our 4th pick for oakland's 1st pick and moss. take CJ and then send plummer to houston for david carr, if it's possible. we all know plummer would love to go to houston, he's only been in the league for ten years, he doesn't want to hang it up yet, and carr, in my opinion is just as good as simms considering gruden can probably do something with him. then having CJ, if moss screws up it won't hurt us.

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
« #11 : March 14, 2007, 09:52:11 PM »

1-J. Russell Oakland
2-B.Quinn- Detriot
3- A.Peterson- cleveland
4- C.Johnson- Tampa
5- J.Thomas- Arizona

Watch what i say

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : March 14, 2007, 09:53:49 PM »

We pick CJ with JT sitting there?  That would be monumentally foolish.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 14, 2007, 09:53:59 PM »

Still don't think the Bucs pass on Thomas even with CJ on the board.  Just my opinion though.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #14 : March 14, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »

OMFG!!!

Karen is RIGHT!!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this will be how the top 5 picks play out « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools