Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this will be how the top 5 picks play out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 14, 2007, 11:46:54 PM

If JT is there we'll take him (Someone pinch me I just agreed with the Click Queen)!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

LA BUC

Starter

#31 : March 14, 2007, 11:52:56 PM

1) Oak - Quinn
2) Det -  Russell
3) Cle -  Peterson
4) TB -   C. J.
5) Ari  -  J. T.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 15, 2007, 02:15:19 AM

if cj and jt are picked see us trading down if its only to 6 or 7 and taking okeyo or just taking him right at 4.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#33 : March 15, 2007, 07:48:15 AM

1) Oak - Quinn-----(they are going Russell or trading down with Cleveland)
2) Det -  Russell
3) Cle -  Peterson
4) TB -   C. J.
5) Ari  -  J. T.

The only way we pass on JT is if Arizona swaps picks with us.  We drop to 5 pick CJ and also get an extra 3rd.  We package both second rounders and move up to take one of the DE/DT available at 20.  I must be dreaming.....CJ and Carriker.

Oakland is going to go with Russell or trade down

this from ESPN--
Russell threw 75 passes during his throwing session and only missed on about four or five, according to McShay.

"His passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to," McShay said. "His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks and when he's rolling out and throwing on the run. We all knew coming in that his arm strength is extraordinary. The ball just explodes out of his hands. His 73rd, 74th and 75th throws, he was flicking the ball 60 yards with his wrist and putting it right on the numbers."

Other notable measurements for Russell were his arm length of 34½ inches -- "Left tackle size," McShay said -- and his hand size of 9½ inches -- "Big, but not the biggest," McShay said. "Just above the average for a quarterback."

pappanole33

Rookie

#34 : March 15, 2007, 05:49:40 PM

i'm ready to revamp this d line and simeon still has value, for now!

pappanole33

Rookie

#35 : March 15, 2007, 05:49:06 PM

i didn't say who to trade him for i just said trade him

nflinsider

Starter

#36 : March 15, 2007, 08:22:30 PM

how do you know he's overhyped? have you gone to his workouts, gone to every game he's played in his life? i think these scouts know a little bit more about these players than we do. "Like they all are" so i guess peyton manning was over hyped? i believe he did save a franchise. anyone who has any knowledge what so ever about football prospects knows that all you have to work with is potential with these kids and thomas has the most potential. plus who cares if they have backus and foster this kid is the future. those players will get old one day and the top of the first round is the only place to get a kid like this.
how do you know he's overhyped? have you gone to his workouts, gone to every game he's played in his life? i think these scouts know a little bit more about these players than we do. "Like they all are" so i guess peyton manning was over hyped? i believe he did save a franchise. anyone who has any knowledge what so ever about football prospects knows that all you have to work with is potential with these kids and thomas has the most potential. plus who cares if they have backus and foster this kid is the future. those players will get old one day and the top of the first round is the only place to get a kid like this.
Why would Detroit take Thomas when they've got Backus and Foster? You guys make it sound like JT is Superman and Chuck Norris rolled into one. He's just another overhyped prospect that is supposed to be the savior of a franchise. Like they all are.

I guess virtually every NFL scout could  be wrong and you could be right???

watson

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 15, 2007, 08:30:12 PM

1-J. Russell Oakland
2-B.Quinn- Detriot
3- A.Peterson- cleveland
4- C.Johnson- Tampa
5- J.Thomas- Arizona

Watch what i say
If both Thomas and Johnson are there at #4 then you have to take Thomas.  Otherwise, it will be another season of 1 WR routes with max protect blocking using 2 TEs and 2 RBs.  The only WR on the field will probably be Galloway.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 15, 2007, 08:37:00 PM

It is looking more and more like Thomas is going to Detroit. Word is that Thomas and Matt Millen had a very good conversation.

Worst case scenario now is if Oakland takes CJ. That means the Bucs will be stuck with one of the QBs as the best on the board at #4.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 15, 2007, 08:47:09 PM

It is looking more and more like Thomas is going to Detroit. Word is that Thomas and Matt Millen had a very good conversation.

And Gruden and Allen took Mike Williams out to dinner the night before the draft some 2 miles from OBP.  We of course went with Cadillac but not without many Buc fans (myself included) thinking that dinner sealed the deal during some of the Friday evening threads...MW was the pick.

Believe nothing...NOTHING of what you hear.

#40 : March 15, 2007, 09:13:51 PM

If this deal for Randy Moss to the Packers goes down and they get Rogers in return, that changes.............EVERYTHING in the draft order.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 15, 2007, 10:30:28 PM

And Gruden and Allen took Mike Williams out to dinner the night before the draft some 2 miles from OBP. We of course went with Cadillac but not without many Buc fans (myself included) thinking that dinner sealed the deal during some of the Friday evening threads...MW was the pick.

Believe nothing...NOTHING of what you hear.

Yeah but we are talking about Matt Millen here...possibly the dumbest GM of all pro sports.

HotSauce

Rookie

#42 : March 15, 2007, 10:46:49 PM

1) Raiders - Calvin Johnson (Moss dealt, another vet QB like Trent Green or Culpepper acquired)
2) Cardinals (trade up w/ Lions) - Joe Thomas
3) Browns - Jamarcus Russell
4) Bucs - Gaines Adams
5) Lions (from Cardinals) - Jamaal Anderson

Wrong answer!!!!

Nah, it's the right answer.

Some just are not ready to accept it yet. :)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : March 15, 2007, 10:48:09 PM

1) Raiders - Calvin Johnson (Moss dealt, another vet QB like Trent Green or Culpepper acquired)
2) Cardinals (trade up w/ Lions) - Joe Thomas
3) Browns - Jamarcus Russell
4) Bucs - Gaines Adams
5) Lions (from Cardinals) - Jamaal Anderson

Wrong answer!!!!

Nah, it's the right answer.

Some just are not ready to accept it yet. :)
A Peterson falls out of the top 5?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 15, 2007, 10:50:57 PM

We pick CJ with JT sitting there? That would be monumentally foolish.
Without a stout o-line the run game or the pass game won't go.
Isn't he a reach @ #4?
 Wonderful.  Simply marvelous.  It is appreciated.  All good comments and thoughts.  As much as I have had issues with other comments I just wanted to note these.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this will be how the top 5 picks play out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools