Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on tonights game.. 8-14-2010 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

: August 14, 2010, 10:10:19 PM

First off I thought the first team offense was very solid. Williams was impressive and Freeman looked really solid. Caddy looked good as well.

Defense looked good for the most part but I think that we need more of a pass rush and that concerned me tonight. Michael Bennet was the only dlineman who impressed me.

Ward is horrible, I would take Huggins over him all day. Huggins hits the hole hard and I think he would be way more productive than Ward. I'd like to see Huggins get a chance with the first team and share carries with Caddy.

Clayton was unimpressive but that's nothing knew.

I'm really concerned about our backup qb's. If Freeman would get hurt I think we would be in trouble, I wish we would have upgraded the QB position more.

Overall I thought it was a solid game overall for the most part. I hope Ward and Clayton are cut ASAP.

GO BUCS!!!!

#1 : August 14, 2010, 10:11:40 PM

I was impressed with Biggers. He seemed to be all over the field.
The bad, our back up QBs are terrible as is the back up OL.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2010, 10:13:13 PM

Agreed biggers stepped up big. Not calling him the next Talib, but could step into nickle when Barber retires.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 14, 2010, 10:13:48 PM

Forgot about Biggers, I think he ends up winning the nickel job.

#4 : August 14, 2010, 10:15:12 PM

Agreed biggers stepped up big. Not calling him the next Talib, but could step into nickle when Barber retires.
I hope he does this year. Mack gambles way too much on plays and really kills us.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#5 : August 14, 2010, 10:16:42 PM

ward goes bye bye, clayton joins him.......then we will be better..lol

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 14, 2010, 10:20:58 PM

Yeah Biggers had a nice game.
He's one to watch.
Will be nice to get a look at Price and Lewis as well.
First team D looked good tonight.

Turn the page.

PoorRichard

Starter

#7 : August 14, 2010, 10:25:39 PM

Most importantly, Freeman looked very good and our WRs (Stroughter, Williams) look like they could become formidable.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 14, 2010, 10:28:03 PM

I thought Pat White looked like a "star" tonight.

X Factor

Starter
#9 : August 14, 2010, 10:30:26 PM

Myron Lewis wins the nickel, bet on it...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

#10 : August 14, 2010, 10:30:44 PM

EJ Biggers played well overall IMO, but I caught him out of position and looking into the backfield a few times this game.   Isn't playing instinctively (yet.)

He's got the makings of a good corner - and I hope he can replace Mack

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 14, 2010, 10:33:00 PM

Once again Lynch made another ST play. Dude is deffinitely making a good name for himself.

Freeman was poised and unaffected by anything. That's more than great to see that from your QB. The bomb to Williams was sweet.

The playcalling wasn't half bad. Lets hope Rah/GO coach like this in most games.

Williams made a great catch towards the sidelines. Idk if that equates to him being a "stud" WR, but he sure did shine for the brief period he was out there.

I wasn't impressed with the OL, but I wasn't depressed either. The rumor mill has it that the Fins defense is supposed to be pretty good this year, and seeing that Freeman and Co can run up the field on them and score a TD is, well, relaxing to the soul. As long as they can keep blitzers off Freeman, I'm good.

Caddy. He needs to have the bulk of the carries. It's "end of discussion" in my mind, because EG is old, Hugg isn't completely ready, and Ward is a joke of a player. There just isn't anyone else that can do what he does, and IF he's back to his old form, woot. The guy was nearly as good as AP when he was healthy.

We are in need for a backup vet QB. YES, JJ is a speedy lil ___, but in all likelyhood he's not completely grown as an NFL level QB. It's painfully obvious that he needs to be used in a wildcat formation, WR/RB/KR duties, or traded/cut.

With that said, it's ALL speculation. It's hard to find the truth in preseason. But I am pleasantly surprised in this "good" loss.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 14, 2010, 10:34:18 PM

EJ Biggers played well overall IMO, but I caught him out of position and looking into the backfield a few times this game.   Isn't playing instinctively (yet.)

He's got the makings of a good corner - and I hope he can replace Mack

It looks like Mack may NOT be back.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 14, 2010, 10:36:12 PM

We'll see I'm liking the way Biggers is showing up but I'm anxious to see how Lewis plays.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 14, 2010, 10:36:47 PM

This year probably, but when Barber retires, the hope is he slides into the starting CB slot and Biggers into nickle I think.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on tonights game.. 8-14-2010 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools