Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on tonights game.. 8-14-2010 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 15, 2010, 12:14:44 AM

As a diehard pessimist....I liked what i saw from the first teamers....we may not win many games but I was pleasantly surprised.

X Factor

Starter
#76 : August 15, 2010, 12:16:55 AM

I really liked Mack last year, I hope he makes the team. I still think he can be very productive in the future. He really needs to step up tho.

I will give you he's a young player... But how could anyone have liked Mack last year? he got burned on a regular basis..

He looked good down the stretch I thought when we switched defenses.

Bottom line Mack sucked last year... He mighta had a moment here and there, but he was horrible. Blame it on the scheme, being young or whatever... I havn't seen or heard anything all that great about him in TC... Lewis is better then him right now..

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 15, 2010, 01:27:54 AM

Can't forget about Sammie. He looked really good as usual.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#78 : August 15, 2010, 01:42:30 AM

I thought Pat White looked like a "star" tonight.
LOL... a little piece of me just died.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#79 : August 15, 2010, 01:57:16 AM

I'm not all that nervous about our QB situation.  With Freeman... this is a 4-6 win team.  If Freeman takes no regular season snaps... this is a 3-5 win team.  Either way, we will be drafting in the top 7 of the draft in April.  We can afford to wait 'til next year to get a quality backup.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 15, 2010, 05:20:19 AM

If Freeman takes no regular season snaps... this is a 0 win team

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#81 : August 15, 2010, 10:04:44 AM

I really liked Mack last year, I hope he makes the team. I still think he can be very productive in the future. He really needs to step up tho.

I will give you he's a young player... But how could anyone have liked Mack last year? he got burned on a regular basis..

Bottom line Mack sucked last year... He mighta had a moment here and there, but he was horrible. Blame it on the scheme, being young or whatever... I havn't seen or heard anything all that great about him in TC... Lewis is better then him right now..

Lewis hasn't even played a game yet. He may be better but none of us have even seen him in a game yet.

X Factor

Starter
#82 : August 15, 2010, 10:53:41 AM

Lewis hasn't even played a game yet. He may be better but none of us have even seen him in a game yet.

True. From TC he has played very good. He is listed as the 2nd string CB and from the practice I was at he looked good. The injury may cost him.. But after last night Biggers play put Mack on the bench...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#83 : August 15, 2010, 10:55:25 AM

True. From TC he has played very good. He is listed as the 2nd string CB and from the practice I was at he looked good. The injury may cost him.. But after last night Biggers play put Mack on the bench...

I hope Lewis is a stud, It sounded like he looked good in practice like you said, I have not had the luxury to see him yet. I'm excited to watch him play.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#84 : August 15, 2010, 12:21:50 PM

Couldn't ask for more from our young first stringers in the first preseason game. The defense shut thier offense out, and our offense scored and looked good doing it. Promising start.

Biggers looked impressive.

Mike Williams looked like he might just be as good as advertised.

Benn not so much.

Sammie Stroughter. I love this guy!

Caddie looked strong. Just hope he can stay healthy.

Ward is garbage.

Huggins looks impressive. I hope we get to see him against 1st string defense at some point.

Michael Bennet looked good.

Cory Lynch looked good.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : August 15, 2010, 02:30:16 PM

Is Rico McCoy still on the roster? I haven't heard his name once in camp and didn't see him at all last night. He was one of my underdogs... :'(

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#86 : August 15, 2010, 05:17:42 PM

I'm not all that nervous about our QB situation. With Freeman... this is a 4-6 win team. If Freeman takes no regular season snaps... this is a 3-5 win team. Either way, we will be drafting in the top 7 of the draft in April. We can afford to wait 'til next year to get a quality backup.

If we are a 6 win team at best as you say, why would we change our back-up and bring in a guy who has to learn the system? JJ also had comparable numbers to Freeman last year. I think it's a little premature to say JJ is a bust just yet. Just sayin, you pointed out the obvious resons we really don't need a veteran back-up(we're not contending this year), and then you lobby for one...

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#87 : August 21, 2010, 12:46:16 AM

Caddy. He needs to have the bulk of the carries. It's "end of discussion" in my mind, because EG is old, Hugg isn't completely ready, and Ward is a joke of a player. There just isn't anyone else that can do what he does, and IF he's back to his old form, woot. The guy was nearly as good as AP when he was healthy.

I was right with you intil this statement.... Hopefully Caddy improves with a full off season of being healthy, he deserve the carries. But to compare him to AP is ridicoulous. He never has been close to AP.. And Huggins should be the number 2. JJ is fine as the backup.. Why is everyone worrying about the backup QB? lol... We are a .500 team at best, no one should even say jack shtttt about the back up QB spot, better things to worry about... Like no pass rush.. Not to mention it's one preseason game, dam everyone was all up JJ's butt last year and now he needs to be replaced, after one preseason game in shtty weather...

No pass rush? Really? ....I suppose those guys we drafted are good for nothing? If anything, that's more of a ridiculous statement than even I could come up with.

IF either one of those two are gold, then the DE's/CB's/LB's will have a much easier job.

An I'll stand by my statement about Caddy. In his rookie year he would've been a phenom, and for three games he was. Overuse by Gruden, and weak knee ligaments stopped all that. If that never happened, could you actually say he wouldn't have been as good as AP and the Bucs be contenders for playoffs by now(or before)?

Statistically, yes. If he had played all thoughout his rookie season, gaining those types of yards, the Bucs would indeed be contenders by now and AP would be nearly the only back close to Caddys abilities. I think you forgot how awesome the guy was for those very few games he played in.

And backup QB hunting is a problem?? wow man. EVERY team in the league better be backup QB hunting every season if they don't like the ones they have. Think what you want about a .500 team, but the fact is, without at least a decent backup you're putting you're eggs all in one basket (freeman). JJ is NOT a great QB by any means. He's not ready, and is looking like he never will be. I love his running abilities, but that doesn't make a great QB (Vick). I'd rather my players know that without Freeman they still have a fighting chance at least. They know that they can't win under JJ by now. If jj is QB, we're a 0-16 to 2-14 team, forget 500..

Oh yeah, BTW, Brad J beat us last season in the Dallas game. ...So much for it not being an important position huh?  ::)

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#88 : August 21, 2010, 01:31:10 AM

I wouldn't worry about backup QB until we have a team that might actually make the playoffs. The difference between a 2-14 season if Freeman gets hurt and JJ starts....and 5-11 with a decent backup QB, it just doesn't matter that much right now.

And seriously....comparing Caddy to AP.....COME ON MAN. He never had the explosiveness or shiftiness of a guy like AP. He's a tough runner for his size and will break a few tackles, but it's a totally different caliber of RB.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#89 : August 21, 2010, 05:45:04 PM

And seriously....comparing Caddy to AP.....COME ON MAN. He never had the explosiveness or shiftiness of a guy like AP. He's a tough runner for his size and will break a few tackles, but it's a totally different caliber of RB.

Oh, yes I did.

Pound for pound, without the injury issues, yes, Caddy would be the "man" by now. The letdown of his legs stopped a bunch of things from happening in the future.

Don't you think someone(whatever HC/owners) would have gotten him some line help if he would've been playing at that level? I know I would.

In fact, I'm willing to bet anyone on here that IF Caddy's legs hold up(which I think they will) and Rah plays him as the sole/main RB, he will have over 1200 yards if not more. Any takers?

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on tonights game.. 8-14-2010 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools