Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Donald Penn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 15, 2010, 11:40:13 AM

LOL what a joke this thread is.. news flash.. LT's are fat!

some times they let the rush come to them.. you guys are really lame for even bringing this topic up.

Funny long was not fat!
You lose!
Gruber was not fat!
No one wants their LT to be fat.That makes him very ssssslllllooooowwwww!

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2010, 11:44:43 AM

No, you lose.. if he allowed a sack I could understand your **CENSORED**ing.. but he didnt even allow pressure! give me a break.. be happy we have a solid LT! sometimes you guys ALWAYS **CENSORED** about the starters..

Josh johnson is another example.. you all want him to go out there and be Freeman.. he's not! he is a backup QB!

just funny how some of you guys never will be happy... From what SR reported anyways was There isnt a huge signing bonus for penn so if he doesnt play well we cut him and are not effected that bad.. but I had confidence in this Oline.. more then I did last year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 15, 2010, 11:49:07 AM

No, you lose.. if he allowed a sack I could understand your **CENSORED**ing.. but he didnt even allow pressure! give me a break.. be happy we have a solid LT! sometimes you guys ALWAYS dog about the starters..
The worst offensive tackles in the game average less than one sack in an entire game with 35-40 pass attempts, so the fact that Penn didn't give up a sack in 4 pass attempts doesn't mean much. Regarding pressures, I recall the guy Penn was supposed to be blocking having his hands in Freeman's face on the TD to Stroughter with Freeman backpedaling to get away from him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ilovebeer

Starter

#18 : August 15, 2010, 11:51:41 AM

on that play Freeman also went through 4 reads so you can't be too upset...

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 15, 2010, 11:56:16 AM

Since players only recieve a pittance of their regular season salaries for the exhibition games, I'd say Penn is earning his check right now.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

X Factor

Starter
#20 : August 15, 2010, 12:04:21 PM

Penn does not suck nor is he Pro Bowl caliber -- he's right in the middle in my eyes, a good LT. They are not easy to come by. Avg out his contract and it is right below what the premier LT's make.
Personally I factor in we had a good LT for 3 years for dirt cheap, the Buc's owed him imo...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 15, 2010, 12:06:41 PM

Penn does not suck nor is he Pro Bowl caliber -- he's right in the middle in my eyes, a good LT. They are not easy to come by. Avg out his contract and it is right below what the premier LT's make.
Personally I factor in we had a good LT for 3 years for dirt cheap, the Buc's owed him imo...

you summed it up perfect.. close this thread down.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 15, 2010, 12:13:11 PM

Anyways, the point of this thread wasn't even to discuss his play as he was only in on like 10 plays. The point was to discuss his conditioning as we were told he had been working hard and was in the best shape of his life but he still looked sloppy to me.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 15, 2010, 12:14:37 PM

who cares how he looks.. as long as he can block! if he plays like he did on the first and second drive, Ill cook him a damn steak myself!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 15, 2010, 12:32:30 PM

who cares how he looks.. as long as he can block! if he plays like he did on the first and second drive, Ill cook him a damn steak myself!
Because the Bucs have been concerned that the bigger Penn gets, the worse he plays. He plays at his best at his slimmest.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#25 : August 15, 2010, 12:59:03 PM

Bottom line: there are still three more PRESEASON games left.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 15, 2010, 01:00:42 PM

Again, I excuse spotty play in the first preseason game. I'm talking about the strength and conditioning he was supposedly working on all summer.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#27 : August 15, 2010, 01:04:53 PM

Again, I excuse spotty play in the first preseason game. I'm talking about the strength and conditioning he was supposedly working on all summer.

He very well could be stronger than ever...you can't tell from that game at all.

Save all judgments, good or bad,  on any player until the end of preseason.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 15, 2010, 05:36:39 PM

LOL what a joke this thread is.. news flash.. LT's are fat!

some times they let the rush come to them.. you guys are really lame for even bringing this topic up.

+1

It just shows who knows absolutely nothing about football. Don't feed the trools!!

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 15, 2010, 06:10:09 PM

I agree with the OP that Penn's build looked sloppy last night.  I hope he doesn't take his new contract as a reason/excuse to slack.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Donald Penn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools