Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Donald Penn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 15, 2010, 06:31:27 PM

I agree with the OP that Penn's build looked sloppy last night. I hope he doesn't take his new contract as a reason/excuse to slack.

Maybe we should have drafted Bruce Campbell. He is a ripped 300+ pound Olineman. He can't block worth a crap, but he looks great.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 15, 2010, 06:32:30 PM

I agree with the OP that Penn's build looked sloppy last night. I hope he doesn't take his new contract as a reason/excuse to slack.

Maybe we should have drafted Bruce Campbell. He is a ripped 300+ pound Olineman. He can't block worth a crap, but he looks great.

Hyperbole aside, Penn has demonstrated that he's a much better player when he is in better physical shape.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 15, 2010, 06:37:08 PM

$43 million left tackles are supposed to be in good shape. And it's a fact that the slimmer Penn is, the better he plays. We're not talking about a nose tackle or right guard that can get away with being a little soft; you want your left tackle to be a specimen.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 15, 2010, 06:43:16 PM

If that is your criteria, then almost all the LT's in the NFL are too fat. Pro bowl Olinemen are fat. Truth is, 99% of olinemen are fat. Just an observation.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 15, 2010, 06:54:01 PM

The left tackles in the best shape carry 20-30 extra lbs in their gut, but the rest of their bodies just look like that of big defensive ends. They have rectangular builds. Penn is round.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 15, 2010, 07:02:03 PM

The left tackles in the best shape carry 20-30 extra lbs in their gut, but the rest of their bodies just look like that of big defensive ends. They have rectangular builds. Penn is round.

Who are you? Al Davis? LOL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 15, 2010, 07:04:44 PM

Who are you? Al Davis? LOL.

You continue to miss the point.  Do you really not understand that Penn's weight effects his play? 

There is a weight clause in his contract for a reason.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 15, 2010, 07:05:37 PM

Heaven forbid any of our players should try and emulate the best guys at their positions. I'm sure they just eat right and work out hard just for the heck of it. Why are you even arguing this? The Bucs put weight clauses into Penn's contract. It's obviously a concern to both parties.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 15, 2010, 07:09:39 PM

Heaven forbid any of our players should try and emulate the best guys at their positions. I'm sure they just eat right and work out hard just for the heck of it. Why are you even arguing this? The Bucs put weight clauses into Penn's contract. It's obviously a concern to both parties.

That is just how DP is built. He always has been. He has never, and will never look like Joe Thomas. Reality check.

And if there are strict weight clauses in the contract, why are you all sweating it?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 16, 2010, 11:23:26 AM

You guys have taken nit picking to a whole new level.  I've watched the game and watched each play in slow motion twice.  Aside from one play where the whole line got blown off the ball in the mud on a rainy night in Miami, I thought they all played well...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 16, 2010, 11:25:39 AM

You guys have taken nit picking to a whole new level. I've watched the game and watched each play in slow motion twice. Aside from one play where the whole line got blown off the ball in the mud on a rainy night in Miami, I thought they all played well...

Again, I excuse spotty play in the first preseason game. I'm talking about the strength and conditioning he was supposedly working on all summer.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 16, 2010, 11:42:47 AM

You guys have taken nit picking to a whole new level. I've watched the game and watched each play in slow motion twice. Aside from one play where the whole line got blown off the ball in the mud on a rainy night in Miami, I thought they all played well...

Again, I excuse spotty play in the first preseason game. I'm talking about the strength and conditioning he was supposedly working on all summer.

Dude whatever!!!  LOL I can't even believe we were watching the same game...I'm making excuses and you guys, I'm sure, are just being critical...not overly and abundantly and blatantly pissed cuz you didn't get and ain't gonna get that prize new LT you wanted for Christmas...Give me a freaking break!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 16, 2010, 11:45:40 AM

+1

Dude whatever!!!  LOL I can't even believe we were watching the same game...I'm making excuses and you guys, I'm sure, are just being critical...not overly and abundantly and blatantly pissed cuz you didn't get and ain't gonna get that prize new LT you wanted for Christmas...Give me a freaking break!

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 19, 2010, 04:36:46 PM

And got blown up by a much smaller dude!
fee didnt even have time to set his feet....dude flat out sucks!!!!

Did Freeman get sacked? No.

Is it pre-season? Yes.

Do you understand that he was playing in mud? No.

Are you overreacting? Yes.

Sorry my 17 year old right tackle could of done better!

NO, your 17 year-old RT could NOT do better. I stopped reading after that, but I'm sure whatever else you wrote was equally ridiculous.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2010, 04:52:47 PM

As far as I know Penn has not missed practice since he signed, or had to leave a practice. He does seem to be surviving the heat fine, so he must be in pretty good shape.
So many guys in his situation get hurt or dehydrated real quick once they do come back...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Donald Penn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools