Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Donald Penn « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 21 22 23

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#330 : August 26, 2010, 04:31:33 PM

What I'm saying is the Preseason isn't an excuse for anybody, no matter how much you yearn for more excuses for Penn's bad play.

So preseason isn't practice?  It isn't a time and place to make mistakes, work on them, and get better at them.  No matter when it is you will evaluate them on mid-season form.  You will never make an exception, take into consideration, or understand that OTA's, Training Camp, and the Regular season are three different things?  Two of them prepare you for the final being the regular season.  You don't see it as player have 16 grind'em out weeks where they are in the hottest pressure cooker from week to week and that is where true "critical" evaluation belongs.  Or are you just saying all this cuz you think it's cute just to hate on one guy for what 5 pages of a worthless pre-season game?

And please can the excuse cuz if it's an excuse from me it's an excuse widely used, adopted, and understood by fans and FO officials all over the league...It's not and excuse.  But I'm sure with your smarts you know the difference between excuses, reasons, and just straight hateration...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#331 : August 26, 2010, 04:40:46 PM

It's good to be Donald Penn.  Excuses abound.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#332 : August 26, 2010, 04:46:06 PM

It's good to be Donald Penn. Excuses abound.

Was that your last word squeaky hater?  Or do you need one of your hater nation buddies to come and pump your bogus claims of caring too much for a preseason game up a little bit bigger. Because we all know it counts and it matters and it certainly has EVERYTHING to do with how DP will perform this year. Let me know hater I don't want to guess.  I want to be sure you get your last word in...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#333 : August 26, 2010, 04:48:31 PM

So why would Penn not be taking a preseason game seriously? Defenders hit quarterbacks the same in preseason as the regular season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#334 : August 26, 2010, 04:54:36 PM

Was that your last word squeaky hater?  Or do you need one of your hater nation buddies to come and pump your bogus claims of caring too much for a preseason game up a little bit bigger. Because we all know it counts and it matters and it certainly has EVERYTHING to do with how DP will perform this year. Let me know hater I don't want to guess.  I want to be sure you get your last word in...

Preseason excuse or not, Penn didn't play well.  He was man enough to admit it.  Apparently, you are not.

What happens if Penn plays well this Saturday?  Can preseason be the excuse for the Jax defenders?  Probably not.  See, it gets tricky when you try to pull out every frickin' excuse in the book.

Penn played well in game 1.  Penn didn't play well in game 2.  It really is that simple.  Let's hope he plays well on Saturday, because you're running out of excuses.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#335 : August 26, 2010, 04:58:47 PM

So why would Penn not be taking a preseason game seriously? Defenders hit quarterbacks the same in preseason as the regular season.

Who said he wasn't?  Why are you guys making a mountain out of the second preseason game of the year? What just cuz you CAN be critical.  It's total BS and you ALL know it.  Call it and excuse or whatever I've never heard of one player getting vilified after the second game of the preseason like this...NEVER...If you guys think it's worth the discussion now going on 5 pages fine.  I think it's rather silly.  That's my whole point and while It may look like I'm making excuses I don't look like I have some type of warpped vandetta against one player on the team...Like I want this guy to fail.  I'm not putting ridiculous conditions on how I evaluate him vs others I see play.  

Seriously you can't even really begin to really look at them for real until the third game of the pre-season when you try to create some adversity by playing into the third qtr. I'm not saying the guy was great, I didn't even say he played well.  All I've said is that he's being judged unfairly and I'm just sticking up for what's right not what's popular cuz clearly it's not popular to give a player a chance to get it together after 15 snaps into preseason.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#336 : August 26, 2010, 05:03:32 PM

Was that your last word squeaky hater? Or do you need one of your hater nation buddies to come and pump your bogus claims of caring too much for a preseason game up a little bit bigger. Because we all know it counts and it matters and it certainly has EVERYTHING to do with how DP will perform this year. Let me know hater I don't want to guess. I want to be sure you get your last word in...

Preseason excuse or not, Penn didn't play well. He was man enough to admit it. Apparently, you are not.

What happens if Penn plays well this Saturday? Can preseason be the excuse for the Jax defenders? Probably not. See, it gets tricky when you try to pull out every frickin' excuse in the book.

Penn played well in game 1. Penn didn't play well in game 2. It really is that simple. Let's hope he plays well on Saturday, because you're running out of excuses.

I've not had one to begin with hater.  I haven't excused his play.  This whole thing has been about your hateration of the guy period.  You've not been able to explain that but only turn it back on me and say it's cut and dry he played well or he didn't.  I say I dissagree.  I say 15 plays in 2 preseason games is hardly enough to evaluate a guy and even if you do be nice if you did it fairly.  You can't even sack up and say how wrong you were about the one play that everyone has blown out of proportion.  All you can do is spread more venom and more hate cuz that's why you're here.  I get it.  Simple for me.  I like to know where the hateration resides...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#337 : August 26, 2010, 05:08:03 PM

Why are you guys making a mountain out of the second preseason game of the year?

All that's been said is he had a bad game.  How is that making a mountain out of anything?

Geezus, you're acting like everyone is saying Penn should be cut.

I haven't excused his play.

That's pretty much all you have done.

Page: 1 ... 21 22 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Donald Penn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools