Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Veteran Backup QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#30 : August 20, 2010, 01:03:14 PM

Would do a flip if we could land Sage

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#31 : August 20, 2010, 01:07:04 PM

My guess we go mid-late round get a QB of the likes of a Greg McElroy or Mitch Mustain

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 20, 2010, 01:42:27 PM

When you questioned McCown's character and team loyalty,

Where did I do that?

Reply #15.
McCown would have been the perfect fit. He would have tutored Freeman, never complained about his role, been familiar with the transition of systems, and nobody would have been calling for him to replace Freeman under any circumstances.

I'm not so sure on the not complaining about his role side of things.

The Bucs will not sign another QB unless JJ and Carpenter are so bad that they are forced to. They aren't at that point. An injury also could cause them to look elsewhere.

What does that have to do with character and team loyalty?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 20, 2010, 04:02:49 PM

When you questioned McCown's character and team loyalty,

Where did I do that?

Reply #15.
McCown would have been the perfect fit. He would have tutored Freeman, never complained about his role, been familiar with the transition of systems, and nobody would have been calling for him to replace Freeman under any circumstances.

I'm not so sure on the not complaining about his role side of things.

The Bucs will not sign another QB unless JJ and Carpenter are so bad that they are forced to. They aren't at that point. An injury also could cause them to look elsewhere.

Whiners have a me-first team-second attitude, particularly hired gun types like Garcia. The only way guys like that are happy is if they are paid more than they are worth, and the center of any media attention.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 20, 2010, 04:39:16 PM

For a team that will have met/exceeded its' goals at 8-8 it makes no sense to waste a pick or money on a b/u qb

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 20, 2010, 04:42:54 PM

For a team that will have met/exceeded its' goals at 8-8 it makes no sense to waste a pick or money on a b/u qb

10-4 to that. If Freeman goes down this season is a bust. There will be no redemption, no matter who the backup is.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 20, 2010, 04:46:21 PM

it does if your job is on the line and winning 3 or 4 games is going to get you fired regardless of what your excusses are.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 20, 2010, 04:48:32 PM

it does if your job is on the line and winning 3 or 4 games is going to get you fired regardless of what your excusses are.

First off, you are talking about the GM not the head coach.  Secondly, wasting picks to bring in a neverwas has never been smart.  Finally, if Freeman gets hurt Raheem is going to get a pass if the D plays better.  Now, if the D stinks, and Freeman is healthy but non-productive they are going to have 2-4 wins so he is gone anyhow.  So no, you're incorrect.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 20, 2010, 04:50:13 PM

Somehow I think the Glazer's are gonna make Morris take that chance.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 20, 2010, 04:52:52 PM

I think the buccs will go with what they have at qb, and I think at this point in the building of the team it is the right thing to do.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 20, 2010, 04:56:28 PM

Dom's job could be on the line as well if this season is a disaster.  Especially if the Glazers want to bring in a big name coach who wants his own guy as GM.  

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 20, 2010, 05:26:22 PM

Whiners have a me-first team-second attitude, particularly hired gun types like Garcia. The only way guys like that are happy is if they are paid more than they are worth, and the center of any media attention.

You're reading way more into my comment than intended. McCown is a vet who probably wants to start and might be less willing to sit behind a rookie. That doesn't mean he's going to go "Garcia" on the Bucs just that he might simply voice an opinion that he wants to play which is something the Bucs probably could do without. It doesn't make him a self centered jerk for doing so.....if he did.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 20, 2010, 06:07:18 PM

Anyone still thinking the Bucs are just fine with JJ as the number 2 has their head in the clouds.

That's why they brought in an experienced vet this past off-season, right? WRONG. The professionals calling the shots at 1BP don't panic over one pre-season game, which seems to be a recurring theme on this message board. I honestly expected alot more out of some of you guys. I guess that's why they call this the 'silly season'.

And don't try to deny it. There wasn't anyone starting threads about bringing in a vet QB until AFTER the MIA game. I really hope he has a good week this week and Freeman struggles. I just can't wait to see the ridiculous responses.

You're an insider........and you're telling me it was a consensus to not bring in a vet?   WRONG  Read the articles you pay for...or at least pay attention to them.   A certain head coach wanted a vet number two guy and was not content with fumbles mcgee.    Panic over one preseason game?  I've been saying it since he got the start last year that he is still a very long term project at best.   This isn't nuffin new for some of us pal.  You just seem to be paying attention now that more people are starting to realize he's not that good.    Who's denying anything about threads?   I've avoided this place for good reason most of the offseason....partly because of people like you thinks anyone not starting is probably a diamond in the rough just waiting to get his shot.   Well JJ had his shot and he fumbled it away...repeatedly. 

Oh and good job on the wishing our starter has a bad week lol you're no better then people like Java who want losses so they can claim they knew it all along.  Responses asking for a vet will still continue but it's not like anyone will want JJ over Freeman.   One has legit talent and can be a force in the lineup...the other is a project who can't control the ball but boy did he sure ever tear up that competition in division I AA college ball.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 20, 2010, 06:08:03 PM

You're reading way more into my comment than intended. McCown is a vet who probably wants to start and might be less willing to sit behind a rookie. That doesn't mean he's going to go "Garcia" on the Bucs just that he might simply voice an opinion that he wants to play which is something the Bucs probably could do without. It doesn't make him a self centered jerk for doing so.....if he did.

Not to involve myself in your conversation but....this goes on far too often around here.

#44 : August 21, 2010, 12:34:35 AM

i would offer Michael Clayton to vikes for Sage Rosenfels. It will never happen but its worth a try. Im not too high on Josh Johnson. If freeman would go down bucs would be in alot of trouble. I dont understand why Mark Domenik and the front office think that going after a vet QB would hurt Freemans confidence.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Veteran Backup QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools