Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I Didn't Like About Mike Williams Catch « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

« #135 : August 16, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »

Please, PLEASE stop over-analyzing the play.

LABuc

Starter

« #136 : August 16, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

For what it's worth, that catch got numbers 6 on espn's top 10.
Maybe you wanted number 1?
This thread is a joke.
That was a phenomal throw and catch. Period.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #137 : August 16, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »

Its already been said in this thread but he did have pretty good separation initially and the ball was (slightly) underthrown.  It's a good start, nothing to get too excited about.  The footwork is never the same on every play.  To do an extra stutter step or make a certain move is dependent on what the reciever wants to do on that particular play.  Looks to me like he made the decision to just get downfield quickly and thats why you see most of the separation initially.  As has also been said, no NFL WR just outruns a first round corner.  Vonte can flat out run with just about anybody in the NFL.

burger40

Hall of Famer

« #138 : August 17, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »

I guess he just wants our WR to have rocket shoes and have 20 yards of seperation.
they do on Madden  ;)

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #139 : August 17, 2010, 12:33:19 AM »

Honestly, he could have caught it at a little better angle for the t.v. viewers at home to see. Next catch, let's hope he is paying better attention to where the cameras are.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #140 : August 17, 2010, 01:35:15 AM »

I really think he needs some kind of a routine after the catch, too. Maybe flip the ball 720 degrees straight to the field judge, or behind the back, through the legs. I mean come on he's making us look bad on those Sportscenter highlights. He's never gonna beat out Chad Ochocinco for the #1 play without some kind of gimmick.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #141 : August 17, 2010, 11:48:59 AM »

Some of you guys are nutjobs....nobody said anything about the actual catch...it was a great catch...and all we could've asked for

However, anyone who saw that replay and said "GREAT MOVE OFF THE LINE!1!" is a looney....it was terrible...absolutely attrocious. In the end he still got it done...which is great...but freeman isn't going to put it on the money every time...and mike williams isn't going to be running that same route every single time.

It's the same thing as when I and others noticed how slow gaines adams was off the snap in his first few pre-season games...sure he might've made a play or two, but we knew that you can't be slow off the snap and a good pass rusher...

Hopefully in this case williams was hurt for that particular play.

white dragon

Practice Squad

« #142 : August 17, 2010, 12:07:24 PM »

I assumed threads this entirely retarded only got started in the pirates cove.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #143 : August 17, 2010, 12:27:15 PM »

However, anyone who saw that replay and said "GREAT MOVE OFF THE LINE!1!" is a looney....it was terrible...absolutely attrocious.

This is an awful analysis, as well as spelling attempt.  Williams clearly beat Davis off of the line.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #144 : August 19, 2010, 01:42:48 AM »

I really think he needs some kind of a routine after the catch, too. Maybe flip the ball 720 degrees straight to the field judge, or behind the back, through the legs. I mean come on he's making us look bad on those Sportscenter highlights. He's never gonna beat out Chad Ochocinco for the #1 play without some kind of gimmick.

he was supposed to autograph the football or at least ask a cheerleader to marry....sheesh. Lazy bum... ::)

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #145 : August 19, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »

You know what I didn't like about Williams catch?

There was only one.
  Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I Didn't Like About Mike Williams Catch « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools