Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I Didn't Like About Mike Williams Catch « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

bucmoon

Second String
#15 : August 15, 2010, 07:41:01 PM

After watching CLAYTON for the last 5 years maybe it doesnt take much to impress me  .. I was very impressed with Willimas beating a top CB and seeming very Confident in doing so ..

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2010, 08:21:13 PM

I watched both the FOX (Tampa Bay-Lynch & co) coverage and the NBC (Miami-Griese & co) coverage of that play. In the FOX coverage and replay, they didn't show much before the pass. But the NBC coverage showed he had 2-3 steps on the DB but slowed up because the pass was a little underthrown which allowed the DB to catch up. If the pass had been just slightly longer, it might have been a TD.

If thats true that it's my mistake for not noticing.

jjbjeff: who said there not sure about him anymore?  John galt took care of my concern anyway.

It's cool, my bad. I thought you said you weren't sold on him yet b/c of that play. No worries.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 15, 2010, 08:25:31 PM

but am I the only one who noticed there was almost no separation at all between him and the corner? His stutter stepping move off the snap was weak and he had no separation after that.

I don't care if he's standing on the CB's shoulders. As long as he makes the catch and stays in bounds, the rest is moot.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 15, 2010, 08:32:50 PM

Precisely.  That shows the instincts MW has as a WR.  He knew the CB was behind him and he used his body to shield the defender from the (slightly under-thrown) ball.

This part of the play was what excited me most, outside of the footwork on the sideline.

It's amazing it took this long in the thread for anyone to point this out.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#19 : August 15, 2010, 08:34:48 PM

You have to realize also that it was still near the beginning of the game and the field was still soaking wet...he probably didn't have enough traction to do a really fast stutter step....however, if I had seen that play on a sunny day, I might be worried....because disregarding the fact that the play produced, freeman's not gonna be able to put it on the money like that all the time...having quick feet is necessary to getting separation on a consistent basis.

T

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 15, 2010, 08:42:17 PM

You know what was wrong with the catch....ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN NOTHING!!!

It's the NFL not college very few receivers (If any) get yards and yards of seperation. Williams made a play when he needed to, I'm excited by his potential and wish him a healthy season and career.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 15, 2010, 08:48:25 PM

I agree with Pepsi, the original poster. Our play-maker made a spectacular play therefore I am dissatisfied.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 15, 2010, 08:50:05 PM

Vonte Davis is a very good young corner. There's not always going to be separation. The important thing is he made the catch when the ball came his way. Freeman puttee ball up an trusted his wideout. Williams did what be was supposed to do and caugh the ball. I don't know what else you want?
This is what I was going to say. Vonte Davis is a solid corner so Williams not having much separation isn't a bad sign or anything.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 15, 2010, 08:51:41 PM

If the dude makes the catch, there's nothing to complain about.   Too many WR's in the past have dropped easy balls.   If they have a guy who can actually catch the ball now, that's a good thing.   Even if he's not that fast.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#24 : August 15, 2010, 08:53:08 PM

micheal clayton had an amazing catch on a 55 yard bomb to start last season...just sayin

I'm sure mike williams is gonna be a great receiver..and there's certainly nothing wrong with the yardage that came out of that play...however, hopefully the quickness of his feet and the speed coming out of his breaks suffered from the wetness, because if that truly was him at his most athletic, than I gauruntee he won't be good.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 15, 2010, 08:55:13 PM

I'm sure mike williams is gonna be a great receiver..and there's certainly nothing wrong with the yardage that came out of that play...however, hopefully the quickness of his feet and the speed coming out of his breaks suffered from the wetness, because if that truly was him at his most athletic, than I gauruntee he won't be good.

Have you read any of the explanations of the play in this thread?

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 15, 2010, 08:58:00 PM

That's what open in the NFL looks like. Wide open only happens by accident.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 15, 2010, 08:59:39 PM

Is this a joke thread?

Draft Aaron Donald

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 15, 2010, 09:00:58 PM

This is deja va. Last year I had to argue the point with someone, because AB had his guy beat by 3 yards and when the ball was underthrown AB had to slow down to adjust to the ball and all the sudden it was a perfect pass and AB didn't have seperation. LOL.

Aren't DVR's pretty much standard nowadays? It's got a rewind button. LOL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#29 : August 15, 2010, 09:01:53 PM

I think those who think separation in the nfl doesn't happen are too used to only seeing buc receivers.

Watch chad johnson stutter step off the line and you'll see the difference
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What I Didn't Like About Mike Williams Catch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools