Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 15, 2010, 11:18:47 PM

A fair analysis from Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Tim Tebow-QB- Broncos   Aug. 15 - 10:51 pm et

Tim Tebow completed 8-of-13 passes for 105 yards and ran for 10 yards and a touchdown on two carries in Denver's preseason opener.
He wasn't overwhelmed, though keep in mind that Tebow was playing against third-teamers. His throwing motion also -- definitely -- has not changed. Still, Tebow exhibited plenty of accuracy, arm strength, and quality decision making. He should've had 25 more yards, but Matt Willis dropped a beautifully thrown pass on third-and-long on Tebow's first possession. Tebow should pass Brady Quinn for No. 2 quarterback duties if Quinn's implosion continues

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2010, 11:33:53 PM

Pretty good showing for his very first NFL game.   He's on his way to greatness.

bucmoon

Second String
#17 : August 15, 2010, 11:37:28 PM

Tebow is better than Brady Quinn right now - lol  .. Quinn is right up there with Leaf ...Tebow  had no time to throw so playing with 3rd stringers as his  O-line kind of even out for the 3rd stringers he was throwing against and the WR dropped that pass in the end zone .... Time will tell for Tebow but man Quinn is Terrible .

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 15, 2010, 11:44:14 PM

I really hope Tebow all the best.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 15, 2010, 11:56:01 PM

I didn't give Tebow much hope as an NFL QB about a year ago. I thought he played decently tonight. The drop on the long pass was a shame but that's a ball he's always thrown well...much like Chris Simms. His accuracy with the shorter passes wasn't terrible but he did complete one pass to the sidelines that I don't think he gets away with vs. legit CBs. His windup is still there enough to the point where he's not going to get the ball off if he doesn't quicken it a bit.

Overall not bad.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#20 : August 16, 2010, 12:42:30 AM

Tebow is better than Brady Quinn right now - lol .. Quinn is right up there with Leaf ...Tebow had no time to throw so playing with 3rd stringers as his O-line kind of even out for the 3rd stringers he was throwing against and the WR dropped that pass in the end zone .... Time will tell for Tebow but man Quinn is Terrible .
I remember watching Quinn live. Was a hilarious site. Dude would only throw check downs every play. Too bad, that guy had all the tools to be a franchise QB just hasn't put it all together.

Bigpapi

Starter

#21 : August 16, 2010, 12:54:06 AM

Pretty good showing for his very first NFL game.   He's on his way to greatness.

He's on his way to the ER.  If he thinks he can keep getting away with playing the half qb / half full back role he did in college he is surely mistaken.  The NFL is an entirely different speed, these guys are going to kill him.  It'll be a quick career if he doesn't figure out how to protect himself and avoid direct contact when running the ball.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#22 : August 16, 2010, 02:43:00 AM

He looked better than I thought he would.
Inconsistent delivery and too quick to leave the pocket.
Didn't seem to go beyond his 2nd receiver in his progression, but when he did throw it was pretty accurate.

These were my thoughts as well. He'll have to get quicker about getting rid of the ball, but that's very typical of rookie QB's. To be honest I thought he looked better than Quinn already.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 16, 2010, 09:29:34 AM

He was horrible. Worse than Josh Johnson. He didn't feel the pass rush at all. I wasn't expecting him to be great, but he was horrible against 3rd stringers and PS guys....and yet I've seen two articles that say he had a pretty good debut? He did have one real nice pass that the reciever dropped, but other than that he was getting creamed and fumbling. His last second TD run was painful to watch. He's gonna learn real fast that NFL QBs can't run around all willy nilly like in college.

Draft Aaron Donald

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#24 : August 16, 2010, 09:35:18 AM

I loved the shot that tebow took.  He will not be able to do the same things he did in college.  Those are grown men running you down out there.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 16, 2010, 09:41:37 AM

I loved the shot that tebow took.

Freeman takes those kind of shots as well at times, it just doesn't look like it since he's bigger than any player on the field.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 16, 2010, 10:00:11 AM

A fair analysis from Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Tim Tebow-QB- Broncos   Aug. 15 - 10:51 pm et

Tim Tebow completed 8-of-13 passes for 105 yards and ran for 10 yards and a touchdown on two carries in Denver's preseason opener.
He wasn't overwhelmed, though keep in mind that Tebow was playing against third-teamers. His throwing motion also -- definitely -- has not changed. Still, Tebow exhibited plenty of accuracy, arm strength, and quality decision making. He should've had 25 more yards, but Matt Willis dropped a beautifully thrown pass on third-and-long on Tebow's first possession. Tebow should pass Brady Quinn for No. 2 quarterback duties if Quinn's implosion continues

That first dropped ball would have been a 60 yard TD with a competent WR, not just a 25 yard completion.  If you figure in the dropped TD's, he was 10/13 for 170 yards with 2 TD's.  Not bad.  On the flip side, you also saw the things he still needs to work on like reading blitzes (Cincy blitzed like crazy) and progressions.  Overall, I thought it was a very good initial showing for Tebow.  He looked much, much better than Quinn did.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 16, 2010, 10:05:42 AM

I loved the shot that tebow took.

Freeman takes those kind of shots as well at times, it just doesn't look like it since he's bigger than any player on the field.

Freeman only has Tebow by 2 inches and 10lbs...so that is nonsense. I haven't seen Freeman (thankfully) take a hit like that yet. He has when tackled pretty hard, but Tebow was straight up destroyed by two guys at the same time. The one guys helmet went directly into Tebow's hip bone. I was surprised to see him even get up. That **CENSORED** isn't gonna work in the NFL and it's exactly why Tebow will never be a good NFL QB.

Draft Aaron Donald

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 16, 2010, 10:35:22 AM

he looked leftwich-esque in the pocket.  you could pull out a stopwatch and time the gap between when he made a decision and the ball left his hand.  his protection was lousy, but he still has no mechanism for getting the ball away quickly in that situation.  when he did get a chance to throw his deep balls had lost a little bit of wobble from his UF days but but he got hung out to dry by his WRs on 2 big passes right on the money

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 16, 2010, 10:46:43 AM

I think he looked pretty good out there even if it was a bunch of 3rd stringers. I hope he wins the backup job at least.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools