Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 16, 2010, 11:54:34 AM

That crazy Filipino didn't look horrible. Some pretty good accuracy but the motion is going to kill him. Don't think he is going to be running the ball too much.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 16, 2010, 01:04:13 PM

That crazy Filipino didn't look horrible. 

He doesn't have a drop of Filipino blood in him.   Just because he was born in the philippines, doesn't make him a Filipino.    It's pretty cool his parents were missionaries in the Philippines though.  Kids who are exposed to that kind of people are usually more mature than kids born in the usa living a sheltered life.

I guess if your parents had been on vacation in Iraq at the time you were born, you would consider yourself Iraqi.

zepkin

Second String

#32 : August 16, 2010, 01:54:05 PM

He doesn't have a drop of Filipino blood in him.   Just because he was born in the philippines, doesn't make him a Filipino.    It's pretty cool his parents were missionaries in the Philippines though.  Kids who are exposed to that kind of people are usually more mature than kids born in the usa living a sheltered life.

I guess if your parents had been on vacation in Iraq at the time you were born, you would consider yourself Iraqi.

Does that mean he can't run for President? ... No, he probably still can.  John McCain was allowed and he was born in Panama.

Get off the Poopdeck!

#33 : August 16, 2010, 02:01:37 PM

If someone is on vacation in the USA and has a baby they're considered American. So yes, you would be Iraqi.

lowlife

Starter
#34 : August 16, 2010, 02:08:11 PM

Oh and he didn't fumble (technically

That's all perspective. You get born in America, you're considered an American citizen aren't you?

lowlife

Starter
#35 : August 16, 2010, 02:12:54 PM

He was horrible. Worse than Josh Johnson. He didn't feel the pass rush at all. I wasn't expecting him to be great, but he was horrible against 3rd stringers and PS guys....and yet I've seen two articles that say he had a pretty good debut? He did have one real nice pass that the reciever dropped, but other than that he was getting creamed and fumbling. His last second TD run was painful to watch. He's gonna learn real fast that NFL QBs can't run around all willy nilly like in college.

Technically, he didn't fumble. I think that's the only other time I've seen the Tuck Rule come on.
Did get crushed for not identifying the blitz though.

Also had a dropped INT. A few negatives, but honestly I expected him to bomb.
Brady Quinn should not be an NFL QB, Tebow will be the backup.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 16, 2010, 02:25:56 PM

Oh and he didn't fumble (technically

That's all perspective. You get born in America, you're considered an American citizen aren't you?

Only by the nutty American government.   In my opinion, if 2 illegal alien mexicans run across the border to have a baby,  that baby is mexican regardless if the government considers it to be American or not.

Contrastly, if 2 americans have a baby in the Philippines, that baby is considered to be American by the Philippine government.

Here in Indonesia, if I marry an Indonesian woman and have a baby with her, that baby is American only.   It goes by whatever the father's nationality is here regardless of where the baby was born.   If I have a baby with an American woman, there is zero question if that baby is American or Indonesian.   It is American.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 16, 2010, 02:49:51 PM

Only if you're dumb enough to take your wife on vacation to a foreign country so close to her due date.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#38 : August 16, 2010, 03:43:54 PM

Not only does Tebow still have the super long delivery, he carries the ball like a loaf of bread. Dude is gonna have a ton of fumbles if he doesnt protect the ball better.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 16, 2010, 03:50:15 PM

He doesn't have a drop of Filipino blood in him. Just because he was born in the philippines, doesn't make him a Filipino. It's pretty cool his parents were missionaries in the Philippines though. Kids who are exposed to that kind of people are usually more mature than kids born in the usa living a sheltered life.

you don't think his home schooling bible thumping parents didn't shelter him?  Their religious fanaticism is deeply embedded in him.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#40 : August 16, 2010, 03:58:54 PM

Byron Leftwich won a lot of games with a jacked up motion

Tebow may never lead a team to the superbowl but he will not be a guy bagging groceries in a few years

He has accuracy and he has a decent arm...lets see where that can take him

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 16, 2010, 04:31:52 PM

He was horrible. Worse than Josh Johnson. He didn't feel the pass rush at all. I wasn't expecting him to be great, but he was horrible against 3rd stringers and PS guys....and yet I've seen two articles that say he had a pretty good debut? He did have one real nice pass that the reciever dropped, but other than that he was getting creamed and fumbling. His last second TD run was painful to watch. He's gonna learn real fast that NFL QBs can't run around all willy nilly like in college.

LOL.

1. He didn't fumble it once, that was an incompletion.

2. An 87 QB rating(that would have been well over 100 if his receivers could catch) is not "horrible".

3. Running willy nilly? It's pretty clear you just saw the highlights and made an assumption. Because if you had actually watched the game like I did, you'd realize he only ran the ball twice. One was on a bootleg where running the ball was his best option because he instantly had a man in his face as he made the turn, and the other was on the TD run. And on that TD run, you might want to watch the highlight again because no one was open. At all. It was easily his best available option. And while he did take quite a shot, I seem to remember him getting up immediately while one of the would-be tacklers was on the ground for half a minute.

People like you are just as ridiculous as those like Java who seem to think the game booked his ticket to the Hall. It was a solid performance from a guy who has a lot to learn. All this over analysis is just silly.

chaddo1213

Rookie

#42 : August 16, 2010, 07:08:15 PM

Anyone who thinks this was a terrible performance obviously didn't watch the game. Take into consideration 2 dropped passes, and the fact that Denver's 3 string o-line is ridiculously porous at best, and it was about as great of a debut as can be expected. His release was much quicker than it was in college for most of his passes. He was accurate, mobile, and made things happen. It was a very Tebow-esque performance. The only people who weren't impressed are people who are just going to hate Tebow no matter what, and will never give him props when they are due.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 16, 2010, 08:09:49 PM

The only people who weren't impressed are people who are just going to hate Tebow no matter what, and will never give him props when they are due.

Well said.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#44 : August 16, 2010, 10:50:22 PM

He doesn't have a drop of Filipino blood in him. Just because he was born in the philippines, doesn't make him a Filipino. It's pretty cool his parents were missionaries in the Philippines though. Kids who are exposed to that kind of people are usually more mature than kids born in the usa living a sheltered life.

you don't think his home schooling bible thumping parents didn't shelter him? Their religious fanaticism is deeply embedded in him.

Plus no matter how much of a football fan god is you're not convincing me that this guys "faith" is gonna let him throw his body around like he did in college.  Quite honestly it would have been for his own good if he'd gotten a few more concussions in college because at least he'd have figured out by now that god isn't gonna let him run through guys like superman just because he's got a bible verse on his face. 

Had to laugh at the hit he took from a third stringer.  Looking forward to a few more of those.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools