Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk about private workouts and pro day wotkouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#15 : March 15, 2007, 01:13:10 PM

Just a newbie responce here, but it wouldnt matter if you didnt get seperation if you have a vertical like he has. But I could be optimistic as well.
It does matter, because the west coast offense is built around the premise that a receiver will be able to create extra yardage from short to intermediate plays. I think that requires a bit of seperation from a DB. Or toasting him, as it maybe more aptly called...lol!

Welcome Aboard nameless one.

I get your point, but someone who can actually catch the ball regardless of YAC will be an upgrade from last season. I can already tell I am going to like this board better then the "real" Bucs board.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 15, 2007, 02:13:08 PM

With his size he's going to break a lot of tackles for extra yardage a lot like TO does.  If he doesn't have complete seperation he'll still often be able to get something.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#17 : March 15, 2007, 02:31:25 PM

Welcome aboard IDontNeedaName!

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 15, 2007, 04:55:13 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

GEORGIA TECH: MARCH 15
Sixty NFL personnel were in attendance, including a prominent contingent from the Washington Redskins: Dan Snyder (owner), Joe Gibbs (head coach), Al Saunders (offensive coordinator), Vinny Cerrato (vice president of football operations) and Jack Burns (offensive assistant). The workout was conducted outdoors on SportTurf. Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson was there, too. Former Georgia Tech quarterback Damarius Bilbo threw the ball during the passing drills, and looked pretty good doing it. 

Player Position Gil's comments

Calvin Johnson WR Johnson, whom some people think is the most talented player in the draft, had a broad jump of 11 feet 7 inches. That's the best broad jump I can ever remember an NFL prospect having. And his vertical jump was outstanding, too (42½ inches). And he looked very good catching the ball while running routes. 

Kenny Scott CB Scott (6-0 7/8, 183), who was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game and participated in the Combine, ran the short shuttle in 4.34 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.91. 

Reggie Ball QB/WR Ball (197 pounds), who participated in the Combine, ran his 40s in 4.69 and 4.67 seconds, and the short shuttle in 4.44. He also had a 32-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-10 broad jump. 

George Cooper TE Cooper (6-5 1/8, 268) ran his 40s in 4.88 and 4.89 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.73 and the three-cone drill in 7.34. He also had a 31-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-11 broad jump and 15 bench presses. 

KaMichael Hall LB Hall (219 pounds), who participated in the Combine, ran his 40s in 4.68 and 4.66 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.49 and the three-cone drill in 7.11. He also had a 33½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-2 broad jump and 14 bench presses. 

Michael Matthews TE Matthews (6-3 3/8, 261) ran his 40s in 4.70 and 4.72 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.46 and the three-cone drill in 7.49. He also had a 31½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-2 broad jump and 22 bench presses. 

Mansfield Wrotto OT Wrotto (6-2 7/8, 313), who participated in the Combine, did not run any 40s. He ran the three-cone drill in 7.99 seconds. He also had a 25-inch vertical jump. 

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 15, 2007, 05:03:10 PM

telling that they didn't have Ball throwing the passes for Johnson's Pro Day

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 15, 2007, 05:03:58 PM

Keyshawn never gets seperation.. For CJ it should not be a problem
'

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this talk about private workouts and pro day wotkouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools