Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need to stop the babying of our players...namely freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

kevinmills

Second String

#15 : August 16, 2010, 08:21:16 PM

Their statement regarding his playing time seemed pretty fluid. He played the first quarter against the dolphins. I understand the concern but lets watch the game first and see how the game unfolds and how much he plays before we start critiquing development strategies. Personally I'd like to see him play into the second quarter this game. The first half and opening drive of game 3 and a standard one series in game 4.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 16, 2010, 08:23:55 PM

Gruden made the same mistake with Simms in 2006. � He didn't give him enough reps in the pre-season so he wasn't ready for the season. � He just started looking decent again by week 3 of the regular season then went out with a year ending injury.

First of all, I had to rub my eyes and do a double take when you said Gruden made a mistake but did you ever think that might be coming down from the very top? Owners trying to protect their investment? Morris kind of eluded to that already when he said he would have answer to someone if he left Freeman out there too long.

kevinmills

Second String

#17 : August 16, 2010, 08:24:33 PM

a <1% chance he gets hurt...I'll take those odds.

Do you get your stats from elias?

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#18 : August 16, 2010, 08:26:01 PM

No...I get them from reality.

He's never been hurt before on the football field...so that would make it 0%..however, there's always the chance of a freak accident happening at some point over the course of his career, so I threw in the 1.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 16, 2010, 08:26:14 PM

Gruden made the same mistake with Simms in 2006. � He didn't give him enough reps in the pre-season so he wasn't ready for the season. � He just started looking decent again by week 3 of the regular season then went out with a year ending injury.

First of all, I had to rub my eyes and do a double take when you said Gruden made a mistake but did you ever think that might be coming down from the very top? Owners trying to protect their investment? Morris kind of eluded to that already when he said he would have answer to someone if he left Freeman out there too long.

Or that Simms just blows?

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#20 : August 16, 2010, 08:32:51 PM

He's never been hurt before on the football field...so that would make it 0%..however, there's always the chance of a freak accident happening at some point over the course of his career, so I threw in the 1.

Really?  Reality says Freeman played two possessions.

Reality says that EVERY player can get hurt every game.

Reality says that the field conditions significantly improve the probabilities of him getting injured.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#21 : August 16, 2010, 08:36:22 PM

He's never been hurt before on the football field...so that would make it 0%

Tom Brady had never been hurt before.......until he got hurt.

You have no place on this board.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 16, 2010, 08:44:48 PM

If he goes out and goes 4/4 and makes a play or two on his feet and scores a TD, I don't see much more he needs to prove.

kevinmills

Second String

#23 : August 16, 2010, 08:48:12 PM

Glad to see youre working in reality. Have you thought about working in economics?

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#24 : August 16, 2010, 08:48:26 PM

He's never been hurt before on the football field...so that would make it 0%

Tom Brady had never been hurt before.......until he got hurt.

You have no place on this board.

You're right...they probably shouldn't have played brady that game......wut?

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#25 : August 16, 2010, 08:48:44 PM

Glad to see youre working in reality. Have you thought about working in economics?

i'm majoring in economics.

kevinmills

Second String

#26 : August 16, 2010, 08:51:54 PM

Splendid.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 16, 2010, 08:52:09 PM

There's a 100% chance he improves with reps and a <1% chance he gets hurt...I'll take those odds.

If we have to be scared every time he gets on the football field that he might get hurt, I wouldn't want him to be our QB anyway. Let him go out there and play football.

You act like you have never seen an NFL team prepare for a season.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#28 : August 16, 2010, 08:52:45 PM

Splendid.

Yup

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#29 : August 16, 2010, 08:57:53 PM

What do you know....it's getting close to half-way through the 2nd quarter and manning, and the other 2nd year QB, are still in the game. But again, Raheem and a handful of posters in this thread are the only people that are right. What do these other 31 coaches know?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need to stop the babying of our players...namely freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools