Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need to stop the babying of our players...namely freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

#180 : August 18, 2010, 05:12:45 PM

There's a fine line between getting players in game condition and over-working them. 

There's a fine line between getting players enough reps to be prepared to start the regular season and more than enough reps b/c every rep risks injury and every additional rep without the 1st team OLine and/or opposing D players that are fighting for a roster spot increases the risk of injury.

Playing in the rain on a half slick / half muddy field increases risk of injury.

But, every rep increases experience,

And a 2nd yr QB who is starting his first season needs experience.

Thus, risk:reward.  Is the risk worth the reward?   If Free's out there, our 1st team O ought to be out there.  Thus, the risk:reward cannot be determined for JUST Free, but for Free, Penn, Zuttah/Vincent, Faine, Joseph, Trueblood.  And a damn good blocking back, too.  And a hard look into the mirror reveals the Bucs aren't SB material, yet.  2010 is a year to develop as a team, become competitive.  Free and Oline have 16 regular games to play.  That seems like a lot of reps to me.  Comparatively, playing extra reps in the PS exposing 6 or 7 starters - for which we have no real depth - for, say, another 20 reps or so, does not, to me, seem like a risk that is worth the reward. 

And, frankly, who the F cares what other teams are doing?  Man up and think for yourself.  I know the offseason sucks for us fans, but if we can just wait a little longer, the reg season will be here.  And we'll see plenty of JF then, if he doesn't get injured.

But, RH, if you feel differently, I hear a couple of fans are starting a secret club and letter-writing campaign.  If I find out who, I'll forward to you.

[What is so "civil" about war anyway? (GNR)]
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need to stop the babying of our players...namely freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools