Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need to stop the babying of our players...namely freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

JC510

Practice Squad

« #30 : August 16, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »

Eli almost got killed.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #31 : August 16, 2010, 08:59:59 PM »

Eli almost got killed.

Brandon Jacobs is the Jets best defensive player

Doug09

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 16, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »

Eli almost got killed.

QUIT BABYING HIM!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : August 16, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »

He's never been hurt before on the football field...so that would make it 0%

Tom Brady had never been hurt before.......until he got hurt.

You have no place on this board.

That is just dumb - about Brady.

About his place on the board - that is ridiculous

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #34 : August 16, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »

Eli almost got killed.

QUIT BABYING HIM!

you're right...never play him again. It's only common sense that if he never plays he'll never get injured!!!11!...brilliant!!1

JC510

Practice Squad

« #35 : August 16, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »

Eli almost got killed.

Brandon Jacobs is the Jets best defensive player

That was all on Eli. That was a running play and he tried to throw a smoke route.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #36 : August 16, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »

Eli almost got killed.

QUIT BABYING HIM!

you're right...never play him again. It's only common sense that if he never plays he'll never get injured!!!11!...brilliant!!1

There's nothing to be gained in the pre-season. In the 1999 pre-season Dilfer was lighting up the scoreboard and laid an egg week 1.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

« #37 : August 16, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »

You're right...they probably shouldn't have played brady that game......wut?

You're slow.

And about the economics majoring thing...you're not in college yet.  You're a soph/junior in high school.

I remember you from the TBBBBB.  You we're in junior high then.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 16, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »

I think Freeman should have gotten 3 drives, but then again that game had terrible playing conditions. He should get a lot of playing time the next two weeks so I can't complain yet.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : August 16, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »

There is a lot for a kid who has played 8 games to gain in preseason - it is faster than practice, and let's him take the steps as they come.  Practice, Preseason, Regular season are all different levels.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

« #40 : August 16, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »

That is just dumb - about Brady.

Excuse me?  Its pretty simple.  Brady had never been hurt before 2008 but clearly there was chance of him getting hurt.  B&B disputes that.  What's not to get?  Just because it wasn't preseason doesn't mean jack.  B&B's economics statistics apply anywhere.

kevinmills

Second String

« #41 : August 16, 2010, 09:10:35 PM »

This back and forth is kind of absurd. I dont think the majority of fans only want him to play one series. It seems to be splitting hair over half a quarter (2nd) and a handful of plays . Like i said, lets see how much he plays in the second game.

just a thought.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #42 : August 16, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »

No, I won't.  Before every players first injury they were hurt.  Getting injured can happen at any moment of the day if you want to stretch the point.  (not too sure if any NFL player has been hurt while sleeping)  By taking points to the extreme they become inane.  If you prefer inane I will go back and edit my post.  

As for B&B - he is pushing the envelope as well - but not quite as far from what I read.  The saving grace is most players don't get hurt in PS - they are too smart, too good, too lucky or perhaps just blessed.  Having said that - PS is a big part of being ready for the regular season, and the younger the player is the more important.

Now both of those points are pretty simple.

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

« #43 : August 16, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »

No, I won't.  Before every players first injury they were hurt.  Getting injured can happen at any moment of the day if you want to stretch the point.  (not too sure if any NFL player has been hurt while sleeping)  By taking points to the extreme they become inane.  If you prefer inane I will go back and edit my post.  

As for B&B - he is pushing the envelope as well - but not quite as far from what I read.  The saving grace is most players don't get hurt in PS - they are too smart, too good, too lucky or perhaps just blessed.  Having said that - PS is a big part of being ready for the regular season, and the younger the player is the more important.

Now both of those points are pretty simple.

Did you see the field?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #44 : August 16, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »

Is it going to rain again this year?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need to stop the babying of our players...namely freeman « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools