Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com poll question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

bucsmontana

Second String

: August 16, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

On the Nfl.com homepage, the poll in the bottom right hand corner is, Which second year QB will have the best season? The choices are Sanchez, Stafford and Freeman. Results as of 11-16-10 at 11:18 p.m. EST are Sanchez-59%, Stafford 30%, and Freeman 10%.

It's interesting to see how people feel about these QB's. Sanchez did look fairly descent last year, and Stafford showed moments of promise, but Freeman really wasn't far behind considering he didnt take many preseason snaps as oppossed to the others who were projected starters. Let's hope Freeman can prove his critics wrong.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 16, 2010, 11:28:36 PM

That's because that's the exact amount of coverage each respective player received from ESPN. Don't worry, Freeman will prove the haters wrong.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#2 : August 16, 2010, 11:29:18 PM

Sanchez right now to be is the most overated player in the NFL. Im not saying he's not good, but he is nowhere near close to great. He was asked to do very little last year, and has not done anything to impress me so far.

Stafford showed flashes of greatness last year when he was not getting beat up behind that terrible o-line.

I'm excited about Freeman, but I will admit I think Stafford showed more than Freeman last year, but I would rather have Freeman than Sanchez any day. I would also take Freeman over Stafford because of his potential and freakish athletic ability. He is very agile for his size which i love.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

MilkmanDan

Second String

#3 : August 17, 2010, 12:19:25 AM

Sanchez was absolutely awful last year.  He completed less than 54% of his passes, had a 12/20 TD/INT ratio, and was sacked 26 times.  He stunk.  He just plays in a big market and had the luck of playing on a team with a good running game and Darrelle Revis (plus the rest of that defense).  He's just got the "I'm on the Jets" hype.

I think Stafford and Freeman can both be better than him, but Sanchez doesn't need to do much other than not throw picks and not be sacked.  Stafford and Freeman have to win games.  Sanchez just has to not lose them.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 17, 2010, 01:30:59 AM

That's because that's the exact amount of coverage each respective player received from ESPN. Don't worry, Freeman will prove the haters wrong.

This sums it up.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#5 : August 17, 2010, 01:37:56 AM

I'm gonna laugh when the real bullets start flying and the unrealistic expectations put on Mark Sanchez end up holding that Jets team back.

#6 : August 17, 2010, 01:55:20 AM

Jets have the most bandwagon fans right now thats why he is on top.

bucsmontana

Second String

#7 : August 17, 2010, 02:14:13 AM

I'm gonna laugh when the real bullets start flying and the unrealistic expectations put on Mark Sanchez end up holding that Jets team back.

I agree. The Jets defense got them deep into the plays off last year. Don't get me wrong, the running game also helped lol. Sanchez was a mediocre QB on a very good team. Very much like Big Ben in his rookie year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 17, 2010, 02:22:43 AM

Stafford....Megatron...they will improve. 

Freeman will put up #'s...but will he win more based on his improvement?

Snatchez will be better this year...he was rook as well.

I would vote Staff to have better numbers.

#9 : August 17, 2010, 02:24:48 AM

Stafford....Megatron...they will improve. 

Freeman will put up #'s...but will he win more based on his improvement?

Snatchez will be better this year...he was rook as well.

I would vote Staff to have better numbers.
Stafford does have one of the best WR in the NFL. But he also has one of the worst OL in the NFL. Sanchez has all the weapons, and OL to be the best outta the 3 this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 17, 2010, 02:27:06 AM

Free has an awful line...Backus=Penn.

watson

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 17, 2010, 04:17:08 AM

First you would have to define what "the best season" is.  Wins/losses would have to lean toward Jets and Sanchez.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 17, 2010, 04:24:02 AM

Sanchez didnt look so hot tonight.

too soon, but Freeman looked a 100 times better in his PS debut.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 17, 2010, 04:24:28 AM

First you would have to define what "the best season" is.  Wins/losses would have to lean toward Jets and Sanchez.

The question was not which team would have the best record, it was which QB would have the best season.   I took that to mean which QB will play the best in their second year.   I'd say 1) Sanchez, 2) Stafford 3) Freeman

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 17, 2010, 04:26:13 AM

I don't actually think Freeman is bad.   He's just not as good as those 2 guys.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com poll question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools