Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com poll question « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

bucmoon

Second String
#120 : August 18, 2010, 03:20:09 PM

I dont get the love fest for Sanchez either ... he had similar numbers as Freeman while getting all the reps in pre-season and had a Great running game with Jones-Greene and a top D ..they got lucky to even get in the playoffs as Colts and Bengals were just going through the motions those last 2 games of the season ...Sanchez may be a Great QB and Freeman may end up stinking  but Sanchez did nothing to impress me any more that Freeman last year .

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#121 : August 18, 2010, 04:15:54 PM

I dont get the love fest for Sanchez either ...

It's because he did relatively well in the playoff games which is the only time that everyone else in the country was watching and because he is on a New York team which is a huge TV market and fan base compared to Tampa.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#122 : August 18, 2010, 04:37:22 PM

I don't really understand all the love for Stafford. Maybe I'm just jaded as a Gators fan, but when we played him in college he would always make terrible decisions when under pressure. Obviously all QBs struggle to some extent, but Stafford got rattled extremely easily. He was also pretty streaky as well.

I know he has all the tools available to him, but so does Freeman. The difference is that Freeman has an extreme dedication to learning the game and making sure he improves. I never really saw that same kind of drive with Stafford.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of any of the QBs in last year's draft, and Freeman is the only one of them who has changed my mind. Sanchez seems like he'll be pretty dependable as soon as he figures out the NFL game, but his ceiling isn't all that high. Stafford and Freeman have a nearly limitless ceiling, but again I don't see the desire from Stafford that I do from Freeman. At least not consistently.

bucmoon

Second String
#123 : August 18, 2010, 08:47:54 PM

I dont get the love fest for Sanchez either ...

It's because he did relatively well in the playoff games which is the only time that everyone else in the country was watching and because he is on a New York team which is a huge TV market and fan base compared to Tampa.

The Love Fest started long  before that ..The media just likes him i guess .. i know it caught steam when he beat the Pats .
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com poll question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools