Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com poll question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

jbear

Pro Bowler

#30 : August 17, 2010, 12:14:19 PM

Not comparing styles or anything like that... just the results of their careers.

Stafford = Carson Palmer (definite franchise QB)
Freeman = Brad Johnson (solid NFL QB)
Sanchez = Jon Kitna (excellent backup)

I defeinately like Stafford more than I do Sanchez but I'd still take Freeman.  His feet and size alone saved quite a few sacks last season.  I'd hate to see one of those two scrawny guys (compared to Freeman) Get tossed around like a ragdoll when our line misses a block.  I think Josh has done a lot more with less than the other two. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 17, 2010, 12:30:22 PM

You aren't doing much when you finish 3-13.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 17, 2010, 01:11:23 PM

You arent watching much if you think Freeman is the reason we went 3-13.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#33 : August 17, 2010, 01:55:40 PM

You aren't doing much when you finish 3-13.

In fairness, Freeman was 3-6.  I don't think winning 1/3 of your games as a rookie on a bad team that couldn't manage to win even 1 without you is too terrible.

Edit: I just convinced myself to take the over for wins this season.  1/3 of 16 games is 5.33 wins.  Considering, that I think they've improved, 6 wins should be a lock.   ;)

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#34 : August 17, 2010, 04:55:18 PM

While I think freeman will improve, though I'm not completely sold on him yet, Stafford will easily have the best year.

Stafford = Carson Palmer (definite franchise QB)
Freeman = Brad Johnson (solid NFL QB)
Sanchez = Jon Kitna (excellent backup)

I think the person who said this was spot on

Freeman's 6'6..and I've yet to see one of the quarterbacks with this kind of build put up consistent numbers...these guys like jason cambell, ben rothlesburger, byron leftwich, dante culpepper, ect....I hope freeman becomes the first, but I don't see him as one of these year after year 4000 yard receiving and 30 td's 10 ints type of guys. I see stafford being that

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 17, 2010, 04:59:28 PM

I just don't think Stafford has "it". He strikes me as a Drew Bledsoe type who will put up some good numbers but always throw a pick or take a stupid sack when the game is on the line.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 17, 2010, 05:01:45 PM

What sold you on Stafford? His lower completion %? His injury?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 17, 2010, 05:36:48 PM

Based on rookie seasons I'm not sure how you can say anything. They all sucked rocks.

What we know is that the odds of all three being good QB's are really slim based on history so someone got a lemon.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

T

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 17, 2010, 06:08:08 PM

All 3 sucked hard as Rookies, Stafford finished the year injured, Sanchez was carried by a dominant run game & defense after he finished 2nd in the league in INT's, and Freeman help a 0-7 team to a few wins at the end of the season.

Stafford & Sanchez couldn't complete a whole season, Freeman seems pretty durable mainly because, of his size. The poll on BSPN.com reflects the general publics awareness off each player one plays for the largest media market in the United States, one was the top pick in the draft and one plays for a team largely ignored by the majority of NFL fans and writers...so I am not suprised by the poll results. I would still take Freeman above the other two QB's

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 17, 2010, 06:55:26 PM

sanchez will be best outta them this year.. he has the best check down in the league and weapons around him..

he looked good on the TD drive after his pick.. and LT looks to still have some burst and that helps. plus he has the best running game outta them all and we all know thats a qb's best friend

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#40 : August 17, 2010, 07:26:54 PM

Stafford will easily be the best out of them...than probably freeman..than sanchez

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 17, 2010, 07:30:18 PM

They were talking on Mike and Mike on ESPN this morning about Sanchez and asked the question whether or not he would be better than any of the other young QB's in the league this season. They didn't even bring Freeman's name up. The Bucs are totally off the radar this season.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 17, 2010, 07:51:42 PM

They were talking on Mike and Mike on ESPN this morning about Sanchez and asked the question whether or not he would be better than any of the other young QB's in the league this season. They didn't even bring Freeman's name up. The Bucs are totally off the radar this season.

This is also the problem with this poll, most people probably don't even know who Josh Freeman is.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 17, 2010, 09:11:06 PM

Where is this love for Stafford coming from? Low completion %, 20 INTs, 4 fumbles, and wasn't any better than Freeman..... Because he throws a pretty ball????

burger40

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 17, 2010, 09:25:24 PM

Stafford and Freeman have to win games.  Sanchez just has to not lose them.

lol, best post i've seen in awhile.

another way to look at this: the poll asked who will improve more right? well freeman was so ahead of sanchez it was only logical sanchez had more room to improve and thus would have an easier time improving  ;)

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com poll question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools