Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy doesn't like Rex's cussing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: August 17, 2010, 04:59:42 PM

Sorry, but losing a little respect for him over this. Certainly Tony has a right to his opinion, but when did he appoint himself to be "America's Dad" and make it his business to tell others how to conduct themselves. If you don't like it, change the channel. I guess the part I have the most problem with is Dungy pushing for Goodell to talk with Ryan about toning down the language for the Hard Knocks show.

"Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy doesn't approve of New York Jets coach Rex Ryan's salty vocabulary on HBO's Hard Knocks television program.

Dungy is a deeply religious person who was offended by Ryan's profanity with the "F" word the most commonly used one.

"I'm disappointed with all the profanity," said Dungy during the Dan Patrick radio show. "I think Rex can make his points without all that."

Dungy went so far as to say that he wouldn't hire a coach who speaks that way.

"I would not," Dungy said. "I personally don't want my players to be around that. I don't want to be around that. It's hard for me to be around that. If I were in charge, no, I wouldn't hire someone like that.

"Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. I just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, every-day vocabulary to get your point across."

Ryan's mother has criticized him for his cursing.

And Dungy said he hopes that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has a little talk with Ryan about representing the league's shield.

"I would hope that he does," Dungy said. "I don't know that he will or not, but I hope that he does because I just don't think the league needs that. I don't think our young people need to hear that that's what's done to be successful."

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 17, 2010, 05:04:55 PM

I agree with Mr. Dungy.  An NFL coach should conduct himself with more professionalism.

1954papa

Rookie

#2 : August 17, 2010, 05:05:37 PM

Tony needs to stop sticking his nose into every little thing.  I admire the Christianity, but not everyone is like Tony.

If he is retired, he needs to go fishing or on a mission or something and stay away from football.

REMEMBER - Light travels faster than sound....that's why some people appear to be bright until they open their mouth and speak.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 17, 2010, 05:12:27 PM

Owners yes, coaches not so much. You don't hire coaches because they are well mannered and people friendly. You hire them because they have the ability to take a bunch of big, mean SOB's and turn them into a football team.

kevinmills

Second String

#4 : August 17, 2010, 05:17:06 PM

I really dont have a problem with Tony expressing his views if he was specifically asked this question. You cant really tell the way the article is written. I feel like a good portion of the time athletes or sports figures say something that gets people fired up its because they were asked a specific question. Then fans who take offense wonder why that person is spouting their mouth off about it to begin with.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#5 : August 17, 2010, 05:53:01 PM

If DP asked TD if he's watched it and what he thought, then I dont see an issue with his reply. If he went onto some diatribe, which i wouldnt suspect is the case, then I'd take umbrage with it.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 17, 2010, 05:57:38 PM

Dang it Dungy, grow up will ya. Opps wait I just used the lords name in vain! Guess Dungy won't hire me now.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 17, 2010, 06:00:02 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/08/17/2010-08-17_dungy_nfl_needs_to_get_rex_to_stop_cursing.html

Poor little hurt baby is crying to the comish, I have lost all respect for Dungy. He is a dang goody too shoes. 

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 17, 2010, 06:09:20 PM

Cursing's American.  I don't trust a man who doesn't curse.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 17, 2010, 06:56:53 PM

Tony needs to stop sticking his nose into every little thing. I admire the Christianity, but not everyone is like Tony.

If he is retired, he needs to go fishing or on a mission or something and stay away from football.

he's earned the right to give his opinion.. he has been where Rex Ryan hasnt been.. although rex will tell everyone he is going this year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 17, 2010, 06:59:50 PM

Ryan is a flat bloated clown just like his old man. I'd love to see any of you work for a jerk like him and not come home and curse his name to your spouses.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 17, 2010, 07:00:50 PM

Tony needs to stop sticking his nose into every little thing. �I admire the Christianity, but not everyone is like Tony.

he's earned the right to give his opinion.. he has been where Rex Ryan hasnt been.. although rex will tell everyone he is going this year.

Giving his opinion and crying to the comish and trying to force Rex to stop are two different things. Winning a SB does not entitle Dungy to judge another man's character or use of language. If Dungy had a problem with it, be a man and talk to Rex, not cry to the comish then make it public.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#12 : August 17, 2010, 07:02:07 PM

dungy got his superbowl ring and now he thinks he's the NFL's greatest gift....he has to much time on his hands, maybe he should be searching for Osama

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 17, 2010, 07:03:21 PM

dungy got his superbowl ring and now he thinks he's the NFL's greatest gift....he has to much time on his hands, maybe he should be searching for Osama

LOL or maybe he can act as an intermediary for the proposed mosque in NY

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#14 : August 17, 2010, 07:04:53 PM

LOL or maybe he can act as an intermediary for the proposed mosque in NY

maybe they will let him lay the first brick.....lol

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy doesn't like Rex's cussing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools