Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy doesn't like Rex's cussing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 17, 2010, 10:41:19 PM

Ryan is an extreme version of him. His constant yapping also created this whole Revis issue as well.

No, it didn't. Anybody who follows football knew how good Revis was last year and Ryan's praise didn't affect anything.

If Ryan was the best coach available, I would hire him in a second. Dungy would hurt his team (by not hiring Ryan) because the best coach available (in my scenario) was a big curser? I hope he's never GM of the Bucs.

I work in a pawn shop. The language and jokes I hear are much worse than what I heard on Hard Knocks. And I love working there.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 17, 2010, 10:49:22 PM

Goodness gracious (Whoops I cursed again I hope Dungy doesn't tell my mommy)

Dude, what is the difference of going to Goodell's office and getting on TV and announcing to the world what Goodell should do? Both ways he is calling the commish to do something. Further he is trying to impose his religious practices of no foul language on the rest of us. Stuff him.

A. It was on the radio, not TV. He also didn't say dogmatically say "this is what Goodell needs to do", he said "this is what I would like him to do."

B. There's a big difference. Simply giving his opinion on what he thinks Goodell should do is quite different from confronting him on it and trying to convince him. Simply expressing your opinion on a subject when asked is not a crime. I don't even agree with Dungy on that part, but it's certainly his right to hold that opinion and by merely expressing it he isn't forcing it on anyone. He isn't "imposing" anything.

I can't help but enjoy seeing you get all whiny and butthurt, expressing your opinion to the extent that you make a fool out of yourself, all because someone expressed their opinion in a much more mature manner. Classic.

Mature manner is crying like a little baby on the radio, please. When someone on the radio says the commish should do something, that is calling him out. plain and simple. Sure he has the right to express it, but you are lame if you think this was 100% the creation of Dan Patrick. ANd I'm far from worked up or whinny about Dungy, it's more for people like you who pamper the puss. But whatever dude, spin it how you want. Dungy is still a cry baby.

P.S. is more mature calling people butthurt?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 17, 2010, 11:11:03 PM

Giving his opinion and crying to the comish and trying to force Rex to stop are two different things. Winning a SB does not entitle Dungy to judge another man's character or use of language. If Dungy had a problem with it, be a man and talk to Rex, not cry to the comish then make it public.

Ummm... I don't see anywhere in the article that Dungy said he's going to speak to the commissioner about it.

I agree with Coach Dungy in that I think the use of harsh language is unnecessary. However, I wouldn't skip hiring an individual over it. I, too, am deeply religious, and other than using the Lord's name in vain, coarse language doesn't bother me.

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#33 : August 17, 2010, 11:15:17 PM

Dungy's just jealous that Ryan is a better defensive coach than him.
I bet your boy Tebow would'nt play for a coach like Rex. He would've loved to play for Coach Dungy tho'!

Damn Rah :-/.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 17, 2010, 11:21:18 PM

Many of you seem to have lost track of exactly what Dungy said. From the article:
"I'm disappointed with all the profanity," said Dungy during the Dan Patrick radio show. "I think Rex can make his points without all that."

"Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. I just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, every-day vocabulary to get your point across."

Ryan's mother has criticized him for his cursing.

And Dungy said he hopes that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has a little talk with Ryan about representing the league's shield.

Based on exactly what I'm reading, Dungy is concerned with an employee of the NFL (through the New York Jets) speaking like Ryan did on a Public TV show (HBO) where, like it or not, he is in fact representing the NFL. Dungy is questioning whether this is a proper representation of the NFL. On that basis, I would have to agree with Dungy.
    I already read somewhere Ryan has apologized for his behavior. Those Ryan boys do get out of control, just like their daddy ;D

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 17, 2010, 11:25:00 PM

I agree with Mr. Dungy. An NFL coach should conduct himself with more professionalism.

Ryan is a as shole..  But my hate for the Patriots makes me hope the Jets win that division..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#36 : August 17, 2010, 11:27:11 PM

So, I'm guessing that Tony doesn't listen to Hip Hop music.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 17, 2010, 11:51:41 PM

yeah I wrote a piece about this on my site. Def. losing respect for Dungy. Even he has to realize that certain things work for certain teams. Being nice and non-aggressive worked for the Colts, didn't work for Tampa. Rex Ryan coached a rookie QB to the AFC Championship game. not an easy feat. Obviously his style works for his team.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 18, 2010, 12:12:51 AM

Good for Dungy...

LOL at this "losing respect" for him stuff...

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 18, 2010, 05:25:59 AM

Look if he personally went to the Commish or not, saying on a national TV show that the Commish needs to act is the same thing. And calling out another man in public like that is also disturbing. Why couldn't he tell Ryan to his face? Gee, what would happen to Ryan if he went on the Radio and asked Dungy to stop being such a goody two shoes? If Dungy is concerned about a fellow employee, then there are proper channels to deal with it. Again, announcing on the Radio that you would not hire him is slanderous. Never should have happened, plain and simple.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 18, 2010, 07:25:01 AM

If Dungy is concerned about a fellow employee, then there are proper channels to deal with it. Again, announcing on the Radio that you would not hire him is slanderous. Never should have happened, plain and simple.

You don't know what slander means. I think you are an idiot and I would never hire you, let you babysit my kids or run a two car funeral. If you want to sue me for slander I'll give you all my contact info and you can open proceedings ASAP and see how long before the judge laughs at you.

What is your mancrush with Ryan? The guy, and his whole family, are grade A1 jerks. Have been for decade now since Buddy Ryan was putting hits out on opposing kickers.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 18, 2010, 07:40:29 AM

The reason a suit against you would be thrown out is because your not considered credible. But hey, if your only justification is resorting to attacks on me, go for it, it shows just how weak you are.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 18, 2010, 10:57:44 AM

Again, announcing on the Radio that you would not hire him is slanderous.

No it's not. It's an opinion.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 18, 2010, 11:03:56 AM

Goodness gracious (Whoops I cursed again I hope Dungy doesn't tell my mommy)

Dude, what is the difference of going to Goodell's office and getting on TV and announcing to the world what Goodell should do? Both ways he is calling the commish to do something. Further he is trying to impose his religious practices of no foul language on the rest of us. Stuff him.

A. It was on the radio, not TV. He also didn't say dogmatically say "this is what Goodell needs to do", he said "this is what I would like him to do."

B. There's a big difference. Simply giving his opinion on what he thinks Goodell should do is quite different from confronting him on it and trying to convince him. Simply expressing your opinion on a subject when asked is not a crime. I don't even agree with Dungy on that part, but it's certainly his right to hold that opinion and by merely expressing it he isn't forcing it on anyone. He isn't "imposing" anything.

I can't help but enjoy seeing you get all whiny and butthurt, expressing your opinion to the extent that you make a fool out of yourself, all because someone expressed their opinion in a much more mature manner. Classic.

Mature manner is crying like a little baby on the radio, please. When someone on the radio says the commish should do something, that is calling him out. plain and simple. Sure he has the right to express it, but you are lame if you think this was 100% the creation of Dan Patrick. ANd I'm far from worked up or whinny about Dungy, it's more for people like you who pamper the puss. But whatever dude, spin it how you want. Dungy is still a cry baby.

P.S. is more mature calling people butthurt?

Hyperbole. One of the easiest ways to announce to the world that you have no argument. Oh, and:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slander

You should try looking up the big words to see what you mean before you use them. You know, research. That thing they told us about in middle school.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 18, 2010, 11:52:32 AM

I don't see a difference between the word butt and ***. They both mean the same thing yet people give some kind of mystical negative power to the latter. Same goes for all swear words, they're just words that emphasize meaning. If people knew the origins of supposedly safe words like scumbag (used condom) they would blow their gaskets.

I also find it hypocritical that Dungy would play devils advocate for a villain like Mike Vick and a scumbag like Dante Wesley, yet be so up in arms about a coach being passionate. Wesley was a complete thug jacking up Clifton like that last year yet Dungy said he did nothing wrong.

He has always been soft...thats what cost him his job here!
There is one difference we can see between the examples you laid out.......vick...Black....Rex not so much!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy doesn't like Rex's cussing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools