Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs declare local TV blackout « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

watson

Hall of Famer
#150 : August 18, 2010, 11:05:39 AM

so does this mean that the NFL NETWORK wont be playing the game either?

Check the guide the Nfl network will play the game Sunday sometime..
I've got DirecTV and NFL Network shows it scheduled for 4:00 AM Sunday morning.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#151 : August 18, 2010, 11:15:48 AM

I'm sorry, but I'm not spending over a month's worth of groceries to take my family to bake @ 115+ plus for hours on end. Win or lose. It's just not worth the expense.

#152 : August 18, 2010, 11:24:58 AM

why pay $100 or more per ticket when I can watch the Tampa Storm for much less, but with the same talent on the field?  The owners gouged fans for YEARS for ticket prices, so its about time they feel the pain too.  I think our lives will be fine if we dont see the Bucs on tv.   less publicity (through blackouts) isnt going to make fans buy tickets, its just going to generate LESS interest in the team. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#153 : August 18, 2010, 11:26:32 AM

I'm sorry, but I'm not spending over a month's worth of groceries to take my family to bake @ 115+ plus for hours on end. Win or lose. It's just not worth the expense.

Thats a personal choice.. Some would argue it is worth the 115+.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#154 : August 18, 2010, 11:29:28 AM

That's the original schedule.

The game cannot be replayed by NFLN until after the Bucs local station has the opportunity to broadcast the game...even if it's tape delayed.

That is scheduled for 11am Sunday. So we won't see an NFLN replay until after that is completed.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#155 : August 18, 2010, 11:52:09 AM

The game cannot be replayed by NFLN until after the Bucs local station has the opportunity to broadcast the game...even if it's tape delayed.

That is scheduled for 11am Sunday. So we won't see an NFLN replay until after that is completed.

Well considering the game is on NFL Network at 4am, that's not necessarily a bad thing for those wanting to watch the game on NFL Network. Just have to dodge all the news reports and scores.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#156 : August 18, 2010, 12:25:33 PM

Thats a personal choice.. Some would argue it is worth the 115+.

Absolutely it is. Anyone who still chooses to pay and go, more power to them. I'm certainly not here crying about games not being on TV. There's plenty of other things my family and I can do if a game's blacked out. Baseball goes into October and Hockey starts then. I love football, but can live without, if necessary.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#157 : August 18, 2010, 12:59:34 PM

Well considering the game is on NFL Network at 4am, that's not necessarily a bad thing for those wanting to watch the game on NFL Network. Just have to dodge all the news reports and scores.

My point is that it is not on NFLN at 4am.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#158 : August 18, 2010, 02:02:46 PM

Might be a stupid question... but just who do you think is going to stream it on justin.tv or any of the other sites? If it's not aired in Florida... it's not aired anywhere....

Not sure who you think is going to be getting that game live to stream it on the internet....

There is more to Florida than Tampa and Miami. The southwest florida Fox affiliate in Fort Myers FL is carrying the game. We get all the Bucs games and never have to worry about blackouts. We only ever miss out when the Bucs are hosting an AFC team and the Dolphins are on at the same time and not hosting an NFC team. I think this market goes as far north as North Port and, should be a haven to any Buc fans South of the stadium for blackouts this season.
Yeah I thought about that after I posted it. Didn't know if it worked the same way as a regular season game with that whole 75 mile radius of the stadium rule. Thanks for clearing it up.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#159 : August 18, 2010, 03:10:11 PM

There were zero blackouts when Gru was coach...

Only because the Glazers were buying up all the tix.

In your idol's finale as Buc HC with a playoff birth at stake, the Glazers bought and gave away over 7k tix.... and the stadium was still a third empty.

+1

You are confused.    The Glazers didn't buy a single ticket until Raheem became HC last year.   

"Start with the fact that for the past two or three seasons, Bucs owners have been buying up their own remaining tickets at 34 cents on the dollar to keep the games on local television."

source: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-and-other-nfl-owners-may-have-agenda-preseason-blackouts
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs declare local TV blackout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools