Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs declare local TV blackout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#30 : August 17, 2010, 08:53:08 PM

Welcome to the typical out-of-state fan's problem every week....thankfully the internet is a wonderful thing.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 17, 2010, 08:54:52 PM

There were zero blackouts when Gru was coach...

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 17, 2010, 08:57:43 PM

Are pre-season games on the Direct TV package? Just wondering if non Tampa area sports bars will have it?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

BucsRule80

Starter

#33 : August 17, 2010, 09:09:05 PM

Great news. Glad you guys who live in the area and who don't feel like going to game aren't going to be able to see it. Some of you people are so pathetic. I am so tired of all the bull**CENSORED** excuses of not showing up to the games. Did anyone catch the Seahawks game the other day? It was packed and the stadium was louder than it ever is at a Bucs REGULAR SEASON game. It's not like the Seahawks are a great team either. It's really emberassing seeing the stadium half empty during pre-season games and not seeing sell outs during the regular season.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#34 : August 17, 2010, 09:11:32 PM

Economy is awful people are barely making it..

Also this is happening in 5 playoff cities teams as well..
Yea man, screw the economy! We arent DIE HARD enough!!!
trust this, tampa's fans have been dieing hard for  8 straight years..it dont get more die hard than what we've had to deal with

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 17, 2010, 09:11:52 PM

Only because the Glazers were buying up all the tix.

In your idol's finale as Buc HC with a playoff birth at stake, the Glazers bought and gave away over 7k tix.... and the stadium was still a third empty.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#36 : August 17, 2010, 09:13:04 PM

so does this mean that the NFL NETWORK wont be playing the game either?

lowlife

Starter

#37 : August 17, 2010, 09:14:17 PM

So, they'll play on tape delay at 11am the next day in the local market on NBC. Gotcha.

What about the Central Florida market (Orlando, specifically)? Same but on ABC?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 17, 2010, 09:15:40 PM

Great news. Glad you guys who live in the area and who don't feel like going to game aren't going to be able to see it. Some of you people are so pathetic. I am so tired of all the bullcrap excuses of not showing up to the games. Did anyone catch the Seahawks game the other day? It was packed and the stadium was louder than it ever is at a Bucs REGULAR SEASON game. It's not like the Seahawks are a great team either. It's really emberassing seeing the stadium half empty during pre-season games and not seeing sell outs during the regular season.

$40+ for one nosebleed seat -- that price is on the low end -- isn't worth it.  I'm speaking from experience.  I forked out $70 (groceries for a week) for a nosebleed on opening day 2006.  It was over 100 degrees, I couldn't see a damn thing, Chris Simms threw three picks, and the Ravens beat us 26-0.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 17, 2010, 09:15:59 PM

so does this mean that the NFL NETWORK wont be playing the game either?

They are not permitted to show it until it is aired in the local market. So it will be delayed, also.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 17, 2010, 09:17:45 PM

Great news. Glad you guys who live in the area and who don't feel like going to game aren't going to be able to see it. Some of you people are so pathetic. I am so tired of all the bullcrap excuses of not showing up to the games. Did anyone catch the Seahawks game the other day? It was packed and the stadium was louder than it ever is at a Bucs REGULAR SEASON game. It's not like the Seahawks are a great team either. It's really emberassing seeing the stadium half empty during pre-season games and not seeing sell outs during the regular season.

Seattle: Unemployment Rate -- 8.5% / Average Household Income -- $80,000
Tampa: Unemployment Rate -- 12% / Average Household Income -- $56,000

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 17, 2010, 09:19:37 PM

Only because the Glazers were buying up all the tix.

In your idol's finale as Buc HC with a playoff birth at stake, the Glazers bought and gave away over 7k tix.... and the stadium was still a third empty.

My friend, you don't wear vitriolic posts very well.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 17, 2010, 09:22:12 PM

..AUGUST 17, 2010 Bucs declare local TV blackout

In an effort to avoid the needless drama leading up to the official deadline, the Bucs are declaring an official blackout for Saturday's preseason game against the Chiefs.

The NFL requires a sellout at least 72 hours prior to kickoff, a deadline that would come Wednesday night. But the team is still well short, so much so that it proceeded with making the news official a day early. The last Bucs game to be blacked out was on Oct. 26, 1997.

Three games were blacked out last week in the NFL, including games in San Diego and Cincinnati -- both of which were playoff teams last season.

The game will be shown on tape delay on Channel 8 on Sunday at 11 a.m.

The NFL blackout policy requires that games be blacked out in the home market (in this case Tampa/St. Petersburg) and also in "secondary" markets. Those are defined as a television market with stations having signal penetration to within 75 miles of the game site. In this case, Sarasota/Bradenton and the Orlando markets would fall into this category.

Anyone with intentions  of driving elsewhere to see the game better gas up.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#43 : August 17, 2010, 09:27:47 PM

Seattle: Unemployment Rate -- 8.5% / Average Household Income -- $80,000
Tampa: Unemployment Rate -- 12% / Average Household Income -- $56,000

The Cost of Living in Seattle is 19 percent higher than the national average. The cost of housing and health care are major factors in this higher cost of living. The cost of housing is greatly impacted by the number of people wanting to live in the city. At 45% above the national average, expect your housing costs to be higher if you move to Seattle. The cost of utilities might alleviate some of the housing costs; utility costs in Seattle are three percent lower than the national average.

#44 : August 17, 2010, 09:34:40 PM

I decided to not renew my tickets after several years.  not becuase of the inferior product they put on the field, year-after-year.  and it had nothing to do with the miserable 3-13 record last year.   it had everything to do with the overpriced tickets in relation to the Tampa market.   they reduced ticket prices two years too late.  instead of reducing them, they got greedy and increased them, and they increased them bigtime.   also, they treated fans like crap.   other franchises spend a lot of money on the fans to give them a hald day of entertainment, including adding big shows at halftime.  heck, even the lowly Rays provide shows and fireworks at most games.   the Bucs provide NOTHING to the fans, even though tickets to the Bucs cost more than anything else in the Tampa area, including a full dinner at berns Steakhouse.   whenver I called the Bucs to point out obvious improvements they coudl make, they never improved them.  they treated their fans like a number on a spreadsheet, and lied and manipulated and stretched the truth whenever they could..  at our espense.      this "love" they are pretending to show the fans lately is way too little, and way to late. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs declare local TV blackout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools