Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is going to take an unexpected drop? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 15, 2007, 09:16:37 AM

Like Steven Jackson did in 2004, a top 10 projected player who fell all the way to #24 in round one where he was taken by the Rams, what highly-rated player do you expect to make a significant drop in this year's draft and why?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 15, 2007, 09:20:43 AM

When I look at guys projected into the top 10 I see two likely candidates:

1. LaRon Landry - S tend to not get love in the draft and with a deep class people might pass on him.
2. Aombi Okoye - Film wins over hype. He's not a top 10 player from film and he's not gonna get drafted in the top 10.

Other than that Dewayne Jarrett was a projected R1 player and I can see him taking a huge hit.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

HotSauce

Rookie

#2 : March 15, 2007, 09:24:39 AM

Could very well be Adrian Peterson.

Injury history, teams needs, upright running style.

He won't drop as far as Jackson, though.

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 15, 2007, 09:36:07 AM

Like Steven Jackson did in 2004, a top 10 projected player who fell all the way to #24 in round one where he was taken by the Rams, what highly-rated player do you expect to make a significant drop in this year's draft and why?

DTG,
There are so many versions of who the top 10 are, can you post a list and that way we are all working from the same list?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 15, 2007, 09:39:33 AM

DTG,
There are so many versions of who the top 10 are, can you post a list and that way we are all working from the same list?

I'm not interested in exact numbers, I'm just curious about who people think will fall out of position. It doesn't have to be a Top 10 guy, it could be a projected first-rounder who you think will still be on the board into the second, etc.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 15, 2007, 09:42:03 AM

1. LaRon Landry - S tend to not get love in the draft and with a deep class people might pass on him.
2. Aombi Okoye - Film wins over hype. He's not a top 10 player from film and he's not gonna get drafted in the top 10.

Other than that Dewayne Jarrett was a projected R1 player and I can see him taking a huge hit.

Well according to film then Alan Branch will be tumbling down the board even more so than okoye. Watch the film of him in the senior bowl, in one-on-ones, and in season. The dude was involved in 8% of the total snaps the UL defense faced. For that to happen then it has to be on tape. Not sure where your assessment comes from regarding the lack of game film production from okoye.

Anyway, I see Adrian peterson potientially falling depending on the first 3 picks

Baghead #2

wc24

Second String

#6 : March 15, 2007, 09:56:11 AM

Schefter mentioned last night on NFL Network that if Peterson isn't selected by the Browns that he would drop to 10-12 because none of the 4-9 teams have much reason to select a RB.

Mellow

Starter

#7 : March 15, 2007, 09:58:30 AM

Cville, that's silly.  I know you're a fan of Okoye, as am I, but don't prop him up by dissing Branch.  I watched nearly every Michigan game and Branch was STOUT in nearly all of them.  Even when the defense struggled, like against OSU and of USC, it wasn't because Branch wasn't doing his job.  In fact, the more I watched the more I convinced I became that the illusion was Woodley, who was taking great advantage of the pocket being absolutely collapsed on passing plays and the middle of the line being clogged on running downs.  I'm pretty sure Branch will be a great pro, but probably not in the Bucs' system.   And, to keep this on topic, there's no way he'll tumble out of the top 10.

Who will? Another Michigan guy: Leon Hall.  I think once the blush of his sub-4.4 40 time wears off people will re-study the film and realize he can't cover anyone.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 15, 2007, 10:00:32 AM

Could very well be Adrian Peterson.

Injury history, teams needs, upright running style.

He won't drop as far as Jackson, though.

I would have said the same thing before his pro day.  However, he was apparently so successful in passing drills and lining up at wideout that he probably won't fall as much as he might have when he was perceived as strictly one-dimensional

watson

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 15, 2007, 10:03:33 AM

DTG,

I'm not interested in exact numbers, I'm just curious about who people think will fall out of position. It doesn't have to be a Top 10 guy, it could be a projected first-rounder who you think will still be on the board into the second, etc.
DTG,
That's cool.  I think Dwayne Jarrett from USC will drop.  His showing/non-showing at the combine may have set a free fall in motion.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 15, 2007, 10:08:55 AM

You stole my answer lol.   I think once they start looking at what he actually did in college it might cause his stock to drop.  That doesn't mean he won't develop into a good pro it just means there is a lot more risk with this guy.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 15, 2007, 10:12:30 AM

Cville, that's silly.  I know you're a fan of Okoye, as am I, but don't prop him up by dissing Branch.  I watched nearly every Michigan game and Branch was STOUT in nearly all of them.  Even when the defense struggled, like against OSU and of USC, it wasn't because Branch wasn't doing his job.  In fact, the more I watched the more I convinced I became that the illusion was Woodley, who was taking great advantage of the pocket being absolutely collapsed on passing plays and the middle of the line being clogged on running downs.  I'm pretty sure Branch will be a great pro, but probably not in the Bucs' system.   And, to keep this on topic, there's no way he'll tumble out of the top 10.

Who will? Another Michigan guy: Leon Hall.  I think once the blush of his sub-4.4 40 time wears off people will re-study the film and realize he can't cover anyone.  

LOL well you are intitled to your opinion. I completely disagree and Hall hasn't been in the top 10 since early september...

You can say branch does this and does that but the fact remains that he had 2 sacks and tested great at the combine. In the meantime okoye dominated at the senior bowl in one-on-ones, was a wrecking ball throughout the season and got off in the senior bowl against the best center in the draft (Kalil). As I said if you want to talk production you look at okoye and as I said in a tad over 8% of the snaps his defense faced last year Okoye was directly invovled in the play. That is an amazing stat and a testiment to production on the field.

All I am saying is this. If you attempt to ding Okoy for lack of production you have to ding branch for the same thing because if you go my numbers, and I'm not stat guy, its not even a comparison who is a better DT. If Okoye falls then so does Branch. The only reason people like branch in the first place is his size and the ablity to play that nose in the 3-4.

And yeah, peterson could tumble out of the top 10. If it goes JR, JT, BQ, CJ...Arizona isn't going to take him. The skins don't need him. The Vikings aren't going to take him. The Texans don't need now with Green there. The fins don't need him....

I rest my case...

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 15, 2007, 10:18:28 AM

I think it will be Quinn, is someone in the top 4 doesn't take him.  He might fall into the 10-15 range...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 15, 2007, 10:20:08 AM

I think Mershawn Lynch takes a tumble if Green Bay passes on him.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 15, 2007, 10:24:06 AM

Peterson - if cleveland doesn't take him at 3, the next teams with RB needs are Houston at 8 (too many holes and a stopgap with green, no telling who they'll pick), Buffalo  at 12 (not a lock since they want a "do-it-all" back), GB at 16, the Giants at 20, and then the ravens all the way at 29.

depending on what holes teams choose to fill, he could be sitting at Radio City for a couple hours waiting to hear his name a la aaron rodgers.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is going to take an unexpected drop? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools