Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is going to take an unexpected drop? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 15, 2007, 10:29:56 AM

Who will? Another Michigan guy: Leon Hall.  I think once the blush of his sub-4.4 40 time wears off people will re-study the film and realize he can't cover anyone. 

That would be my pick. Ginn flew by him on a number of occasions. He didn't fair much better against the USC wr's.
He may be ok in cover 2 scheme but teams who run that rarely use a high pick on CB's.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 15, 2007, 10:34:41 AM

Ginn beat him once on a 4th and 1 PA fake. Ginn is as dangerous as it gets on a deep route and if you blink he is passed you. Even champ bailey gets beat here and there. Jarrett got him once as well in the rose bowl. Not comparing Hall to Champ Bailey but Hall is an all around very good corner. He has the speed, great instincts and is a great tackler. IMHO he is the 1st CB taken in the draft.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 15, 2007, 10:38:12 AM

All I am saying is this. If you attempt to ding Okoy for lack of production you have to ding branch for the same thing because if you go my numbers, and I'm not stat guy, its not even a comparison who is a better DT. If Okoye falls then so does Branch. The only reason people like branch in the first place is his size and the ablity to play that nose in the 3-4.

No, the film shows Branch has the skills that translate into the NFL (being a space eater) whereas what Okoye did won't be seen as NFL level skills. Everyone is banking his huge high status on being  a pass rusher but nothing shows he has NFL level pass rush skills in terms of closing speed and pass rush moves.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

wc24

Second String

#18 : March 15, 2007, 10:47:07 AM

All I am saying is this. If you attempt to ding Okoy for lack of production you have to ding branch for the same thing because if you go my numbers, and I'm not stat guy, its not even a comparison who is a better DT. If Okoye falls then so does Branch. The only reason people like branch in the first place is his size and the ablity to play that nose in the 3-4.

No, the film shows Branch has the skills that translate into the NFL (being a space eater) whereas what Okoye did won't be seen as NFL level skills. Everyone is banking his huge high status on being a pass rusher but nothing shows he has NFL level pass rush skills in terms of closing speed and pass rush moves.

I worry about Okoye being overvalued. Not exactly the same scenario as Mike Mamula but I see him as a guy that has been built up beyond what he's capable of and while I can see that there's a chance he could dominate, I also see there's a chance....possibly a big chance....that he doesn't do much in the pros.

That said....there are some on this site with good knowledge of the situation who believe the Bucs will pick either CJ or JT and if both are gone it will be Okoye.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 15, 2007, 10:48:45 AM

No, the film shows Branch has the skills that translate into the NFL (being a space eater) whereas what Okoye did won't be seen as NFL level skills. Everyone is banking his huge high status on being a pass rusher but nothing shows he has NFL level pass rush skills in terms of closing speed and pass rush moves.

Dal you know your stuff better than this. IMHO you are putting too much clout into these draft reports. When you see okoye at the senior bowl dominate every OL he faced and dominate in game getting 2 sacks, all the while playing against the #1 rated center in the draft (1 sack against kalil). You cannot see every prospect play but I have seen okoye play probably close to 10 games this year and the guy sticks out like a sore thumb in every single game. The whole ordeal with the closing speed is crazy and I see zero basis for that projection. Time will tell so we will all see how he turns out.

I do think that you are putting way too much into these draft websites. You know this draft stuff as well as anyone and Okoye is simply not what is being said. He has great pass rush moves....The Senior Bowl.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 15, 2007, 10:55:12 AM

Since the disccusion is heading this way...

Is the Senior Bowl underrated or overrated?

To be honest I do not know but I am leaning towards the underrated side.  Even after what we know people are still underrating the value of the senior bowl practices it seems to me.

Mark Anderson may have been a fluke and came out of no where for some people but he showed his stuff at the senior bowl practices.  The same can be said of Daryl Tapp. 

#21 : March 15, 2007, 11:08:19 AM

There are so many wide receivers projected to go in the first round, one of them has to drop. I could see Meachem dropping way out. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Peterson dropped out of the top 10.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 15, 2007, 11:08:37 AM

Dal you know your stuff better than this. IMHO you are putting too much clout into these draft reports. When you see okoye at the senior bowl dominate every OL he faced and dominate in game getting 2 sacks, all the while playing against the #1 rated center in the draft (1 sack against kalil). You cannot see every prospect play but I have seen okoye play probably close to 10 games this year and the guy sticks out like a sore thumb in every single game. The whole ordeal with the closing speed is crazy and I see zero basis for that projection. Time will tell so we will all see how he turns out.

The problem with the "he dominated" is that everyone on the north dominated. Jay Moore had 3 sacks and he's not a killer pass rusher.  That game didn't mean all that much to me.

The practices, yeah he looked good but top 4 good? Hell no. You know he's not really a top 5 prospect because he showed up to Mobile. I mean that's sad to say but it is true.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#23 : March 15, 2007, 11:41:13 AM

Like Steven Jackson did in 2004, a top 10 projected player who fell all the way to #24 in round one where he was taken by the Rams, what highly-rated player do you expect to make a significant drop in this year's draft and why?

Reggie Nelson possibly...could very weel fall to Indy at the end of round one

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : March 15, 2007, 11:53:47 AM

I don't see Reggie falling past Dallas. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 15, 2007, 11:53:57 AM

The Patriots would scoop up Nelson before he even has a chance to fall to Indy.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#26 : March 15, 2007, 12:07:49 PM

I think Dwayne Jarrett will Fall farther than most expect, and Okoye might slip, if Okoye gets past #20, I think the Bucs should make a move for a trade to grab him

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 15, 2007, 12:14:34 PM

Jay Moore could fall to the fourth and be a bargain for whatever team picks him up.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 15, 2007, 12:26:27 PM

the game is worthless, IMO - it's the practices, and I thought that is where Okoye really shined. And for another example of a guy who wasn't touted that high until after the Senior Bowl practices/game, try Hugh Douglas. He turned heads there big time (I believe he had 3 sacks in the game as well).

I think Okoye is an odd case - he's probably the riskiest guy in the top 15. But I'm not sure he's the guy who drops.

My guess are: Adrian Peterson, who if he falls outside the top 10 might end up being one of the biggest steals since Emmitt Smith; Gaines Adams - I don't know why, but I'm just getting a weird vibe that something is a little off there. I rate him very highly, but I don't get to draft.

PeterDias

Practice Squad

#29 : March 15, 2007, 12:53:57 PM

Peterson defintely. There's no question in my mind that that idiot will fall past the top 10.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is going to take an unexpected drop? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools