Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the start of World War III days away??? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #105 : August 20, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »

Hey, hey, hey...it's Israel/Iran that are suppose to start WW3-- not you two!!

;D

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #106 : August 20, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »

As for the better avionics, then tell the other two noobs. They are trying to say the newer aircraft have worse avionics. So I'm glad you agree with me.

The F15 doesn't have the same electronics in it that it did when it came out. That platform has been refreshed several times. If by avionics you mean the actual mechanical elements that control the pane that hasn't changed but all the actual stuff that makes the plane kill other things are not 1970s' equipment.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #107 : August 20, 2010, 05:59:26 PM »

Look, we can go back and forth with this thing all day all week, but it's pointless.

My initial response to the post was merely to point out that the F-15 so far to date has not had a fair fight against any other aircraft. The same can be said for F-18's, F-16'sm A-10's, F-22's and darn near every other aircraft in the modern inventory. It is US policy to stack the odds in our favour as much as possible, and when it's your brothers life, your dads life or your sons (and daughter now I guess) I'm sure none of us have a problem making things unfair for the enemy. The air battles in Kosovo and Iraq were not exactly fair, those Mig-29's didn't stand a chance no matter what and the F-15's were just the shooters. It was like shooting fishing a barrel. In Iraq, the Mig pilots never even knew the F-15's were there or had even fired until the last moment (and too late) missile warning or being blown to bits.

Now, the closest these aircraft come to fair fights is at Red Flag, of which I have been a part of. At distance and when used as designed (long range interceptor) the F-15 rules the kingdom. But once aircraft get inside of it's envelope, it loses many of the great advantages it has. In fact, the F-15's basic maneuver when other aircraft get close is to go full bore and create separation so either his wing man can get the kill or he can turn the advantage again.

And dalbuc, if your going to argue a point, you should find out what words mean. Avionics has a very specific meaning and it's not mechanical. If you don't even know the meaning of the word, you are no one to be arguing who has the better.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

RonDiazlol

Starter

« #108 : August 20, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »

And if we are comparing Israel vs Iran flight training. I am going to have to go with Israel. No matter what aircraft are involved.

Pretty much all planes get upgraded packages inside. The B52 is a good example,  April 1952 was he first time it flew. There are now the B-52A B-52B B-52C B-52D B-52E B-52F B-52G B-52H versions, with all the newer upgrades along the way.

@  SepeBucs. Red Flag is pretty cool.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #109 : August 20, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »

And if we are comparing Israel vs Iran flight training. I am going to have to go with Israel. No matter what aircraft are involved.

Pretty much all planes get upgraded packages inside. The B52 is a good example,  April 1952 was he first time it flew. There are now the B-52A B-52B B-52C B-52D B-52E B-52F B-52G B-52H versions, with all the newer upgrades along the way.

I would not worry too much about the Iranian Air Force, it's the SAMs that are a problem. The trip to Iran is outside even suicide range of F-16 and F-15 from Israel, unless they can sneak re-fuelers in too. 

It also depends on the target. The Bushehr NPP is not far from the coast of the Persian Gulf. Just a guess, but I would be less surprised to see some form of naval missile attack or naval commandos even.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #110 : August 20, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »

And dalbuc, if your going to argue a point, you should find out what words mean. Avionics has a very specific meaning and it's not mechanical. If you don't even know the meaning of the word, you are no one to be arguing who has the better.

I assumed based on your bad argument you didn't know what the word meant that's why I said "If you mean...."

The rest of your argument is right, the F15 isn't really a dogfighter. It is a standoff platform, same for the good old F14 which also doesn't want to get too up close and personal. That is why their weapons systems and radars matter a lot more than the "plane" itself.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #111 : August 20, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »

Its already been Friday there. So yeah...that whole argument that WW3 would start didn't happen.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #112 : August 20, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »

I assumed based on your bad argument you didn't know what the word meant that's why I said "If you mean...."

So once again, you assumed wrong, your a good man for admitting it.

bucsense

Practice Squad

« #113 : August 20, 2010, 08:56:22 PM »

THE first bomb will hit Chumbag/StripjointJohn in the mouth...thankfully.

The second hits Navybucfan/SGTSchult in the anus.

The third hits Brett Favre. But he still suits up for the season opener

Dang Floid......you got a crush on me don't you boy?

« #114 : August 21, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »

Those are the planes they flew - and they are no more stealthy than anyone else's - so its completely true, they know how to fly against the enemy's tactics. What technology "platform" makes an F-16 invisible on radar?

The prime thing is the Israelis got F-15s and F-16s with a ground following radar system (that other buyers didn't get) that enables them to hug the ground under the radar.

Stratobuc

Starter
« #115 : August 21, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »

Those are the planes they flew - and they are no more stealthy than anyone else's - so its completely true, they know how to fly against the enemy's tactics. What technology "platform" makes an F-16 invisible on radar?

The prime thing is the Israelis got F-15s and F-16s with a ground following radar system (that other buyers didn't get) that enables them to hug the ground under the radar.

The Israelis have some add-ons of their own design also. I would also point out no f-15 has ever been shot down by SAM or AAA fire.
  Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the start of World War III days away??? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools