Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Goodbye Iraq: Last US combat brigade heads home « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bucsense

Practice Squad

#15 : August 22, 2010, 08:16:42 PM

Let's face it, this is pure politics. There is still 50K troops in Iraq. They might not be combat brigades but they sure as hell will be leading by example.

Obama ran on the promise of pulling the troops out of Iraq. The withdrawal date that Bush set is rapidly approaching so it's time to tell some more pretty lies. What did we call them in Vietnam; "special advisors," wasn't it?

No, when we left 'Nam we left with all Americans...........and then a lone F-4 flew over the country at low speed dragging a banner that said "Kiss my American butt"........

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 23, 2010, 10:16:34 AM

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/08/dn-brigades-stay-under-different-name-081910/

Interesting. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 23, 2010, 10:30:28 AM

Exactly, all they did was rename the troops, no remove them. They are just as "combat ready" as any other unit.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 23, 2010, 10:37:40 AM

Yea, but the President came through on his campaign promise.  And healthcare reforms will save money.  And 'insert lie here'.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 23, 2010, 12:08:45 PM

Can anyone really be naive enough to actually believe the US pulled out of Iraq (or ever will)?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#20 : August 23, 2010, 04:55:23 PM

Exactly, all they did was rename the troops, no remove them. They are just as "combat ready" as any other unit.

Not to point out the obvious, but with the re-name didn't they get different, non-combat responsibilities .... ?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 23, 2010, 04:56:28 PM

Yea, but the President came through on his campaign promise.

What exactly was his campaign promise in regards to our presence in Iraq?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#22 : August 23, 2010, 04:59:04 PM

Can anyone really be naive enough to actually believe the US pulled out of Iraq (or ever will)?

I don't believe anyone believed it because nobody ever said we HAD pulled out of Iraq .... now the "ever will" is a different story and whether that will happen is anybody's guess ... I sure hope so.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 23, 2010, 05:50:47 PM

To get the war over - removing the troops... do you want me to get the specifics, I will if your google is down - remember this isn't the effort in Afghanistan - the war he felt needed to be fought.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 23, 2010, 06:38:28 PM

To get the war over - removing the troops...

So he IS coming through on that campaign promise .... I thought you were insinuating that was a lie, too ... My bad.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 23, 2010, 06:41:45 PM

So he IS coming through on that campaign promise .... I thought you were insinuating that was a lie, too ... My bad.

Come on klink, there are still 50,000 combat troops in Iraq. The only thing they did was change the patch on their sleeves. The troops are not out of Iraq. Oh and please go comfort the parents of the soldier killed there the other day (in combat, not a car accident) after the war was declared over.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 23, 2010, 07:15:22 PM

Come on klink, there are still 50,000 combat troops in Iraq. The only thing they did was change the patch on their sleeves.[/b]

And their mission ..... why is this so hard for some to grasp? There are no more Combat Brigades left, per the US Army.

The troops are not out of Iraq.

Nobody here is saying that ..... no matter how many times you guys say they're saying it.

Oh and please go comfort the parents of the soldier killed there the other day (in combat, not a car accident) after the war was declared over.

I still want to know why any still called it the Iraq War to begin with ... That War ended seven years ago and the War on Terrorism is still ongoing. Did Obama actually declare the War over?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 23, 2010, 08:06:16 PM

Well, we shall see exactly what Obama calls it as he is setting up a grand old affair just to announce it August 31st.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08/23/obama-plans-major-speech-on-iraq-aug-31-to-mark-troop-drawdown/

Then we can fight over adverbs and adjectives. But the point is, he and the democrats are trying to say they finally won the Iraq war. What they are not saying is they did it the way Bush set it up. All they did was follow the plans Bush had in place and are now trying to take credit for it. Biden himself decried the surge as wrong and wanted to break Iraq up into three separate states. Now he says how well his (The democrats) surge plan worked lol

The whole thing is a political mess. Bush too never should have declared victory like that. But will history repeat itself and burn Obama like it did Bush?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 23, 2010, 11:53:42 PM

Nobody should be wanting to take credit for "accomplishments" in Iraq .... Just get the troops ALL home as soon as they can, end of 2011 or whatever, and then just sit back and watch it slowly go back to the mess it was before.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 24, 2010, 01:24:33 AM

And their mission ..... why is this so hard for some to grasp? There are no more Combat Brigades left, per the US Army.

Bull Hockey! There are currently 7 full Brigade Combat Teams and two National Guard Infantry brigades in Iraq, all they changed was their name, to Aid and Assist teams. They have the same men and equipment. They are still combat troops. Do you know the difference between what Obama and company, you included, are calling combat troops and non combat troops. Some class room training. The US Army took entire Brigade Combat teams, sent the members to school to learn city management courses, civil affairs training and border patrol classes. This is in addition to their COMBAT training.

Why is it so hard to grasp that there are still combat troops left in Iraq. next I suppose your gonna tell us how Vietnam was a police action and not a war?

P.S. just to show, one of the Aid and Assist brigades is really the 4th Brigade Combat Team, "Highlanders", is a Heavy Brigade Combat Team (HBCT) of the 1st Armored Division. The brigade is mechanized and its major combat equipment include the M1A2SEP Abrams Tank, M2A3 & M3A3 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle, M109A6 Paladin Howitzer, M1151 HMMWV and MRAP (armored vehicle). But hey, those are aid and assist main battle tanks right?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Goodbye Iraq: Last US combat brigade heads home « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools