Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount has another "incident" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: August 19, 2010, 12:04:59 AM

ProFootballTalk

LeGarrette Blount throws a jab, again

Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2010 11:04 PM ET

Last year, former Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount rocked the college football world by throwing a sucker punch at a helmetless foe after a loss to Boise State.

This year, Blount is at it again.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Blount punched defensive end Eric Bakhtiari after the final play of practice.  This time around, the guy on the receiving end was wearing a helmet; Blount's punch connected with Bakhtiari's facemask.  That said, Wyatt reports that the punch was "eerily similar" to the right jab Blount threw last year.

"I promised to [coach Jeff Fisher] it was behind me and that was in my past and it just came up again,'' Blount said after practice.  "I got into a situation where the defense pushed me too far.''

But Fisher didn't seem to be upset.  "I am not disappointed whatsoever,'' Fisher said.  "His past is his past.  Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year?  No.  OK.  I am not disappointed whatsoever.  I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive.''

The punch was part of an intense practice with, per Wyatt, "numerous" shoving matches.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/09000d5d819de40e/Blount-regrets-latest-punch

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 19, 2010, 12:13:34 AM

To be disappointed, the incident would have involved a player that had at least a chance of making the cut.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

kbl11

Starter

#2 : August 19, 2010, 01:09:15 AM

why wouldnt blount make the team?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 19, 2010, 01:13:44 AM

Chris Johnson, Javon Ringer and Alvin Pearman

I don't see the team keeping 4 RB's but Blount does have S. Johnson's injury on his side (although Fisher has stated he wants to keep Johnson with the team) Plus, with CJohnson, it's not like they really need any other RB's anyway.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 19, 2010, 01:21:32 AM

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Blount punched defensive end Eric Bakhtiari after the final play of practice.

Pfffffft.....Blount ain't no Talib.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 19, 2010, 01:22:49 AM

because he isn't that good

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

kbl11

Starter

#6 : August 19, 2010, 01:23:27 AM

17 TD, 1000 yards, 7 ypc as a Junior, the guy has the tools. Why even have anyone else in camp if C Johnson is all they need? They need a power back, Ringer, Pearman and Johnson are all little guys. Blount got a few goalline carries in the first PS game and a TD but that doesnt mean much

Who knows, but I wouldnt say Fisher doesnt care because Blount is a player who wont make the cut

kbl11

Starter

#7 : August 19, 2010, 01:24:05 AM

according to who?

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 19, 2010, 01:24:37 AM

32 teams that didn't draft him and at least one who has cut him maybe?

EDIT: Sorry thought 49s had released him, he never signed with them my bad

#9 : August 19, 2010, 01:25:08 AM

Why would he punch him AFTER the final day of practice?  Something's fishy.

kbl11

Starter

#10 : August 19, 2010, 01:31:03 AM

and you think it had to do with talent, rather than sucker punching a helmetless opponent in the face and being suspended his entire senior year?

You couldve just said you thought he sucked, with nthing to back it o, but instead you went with something that made absolutely no sense

I dont even like Blount, I hate him because of that incident, but the guy was a beast and was at worst a 3rd round pick before the incident and had his entire senior year to tear it up but got suspended.

Draft ststus had nothing to do with talent, at all

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 19, 2010, 01:33:14 AM

17 TD, 1000 yards, 7 ypc as a Junior, the guy has the tools. Why even have anyone else in camp if C Johnson is all they need? They need a power back, Ringer, Pearman and Johnson are all little guys. Blount got a few goalline carries in the first PS game and a TD but that doesnt mean much

Who knows, but I wouldnt say Fisher doesnt care because Blount is a player who wont make the cut

They didn't need a power back last year.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 19, 2010, 01:35:34 AM

and you think it had to do with talent, rather than sucker punching a helmetless opponent in the face and being suspended his entire senior year?

You couldve just said you thought he sucked, with nthing to back it o, but instead you went with something that made absolutely no sense

I dont even like Blount, I hate him because of that incident, but the guy was a beast and was at worst a 3rd round pick before the incident and had his entire senior year to tear it up but got suspended.

wait a moment, your making a fuss over the difference between two statements?

and

he sucks

WTF are you high? how did my comment make no sense but he sucks would have made sense? Do they not say the exact same thing but one is nicer than the other?

What the hell has this board come to, it friggen disgusting

kbl11

Starter

#13 : August 19, 2010, 01:38:58 AM

They didn't need a power back last year.

they already said Johnson will have a serious reduction in carries THIS year as opposed to last year,  and Johnson has always had a power back behind him. Thats how most backfields are in the NFL these days. More than 1  capable backs, and versatility

Are you even still arguing the original point of Sepe? That FIsher doesnt care only because Blount wont make the cut? I think if it was something that bothered Fisher he wouldve expressed the same anger even if Blount was a nobody. What, hes going to let a player step outta line just because he doesnt care about him? It doesnt make sense. It would make the coach look bad

kbl11

Starter

#14 : August 19, 2010, 01:42:39 AM

wait a moment, your making a fuss over the difference between two statements?

and

he sucks

what are you high? how did my comment make no sense but he sucks would have made sense? Do they not say the exact same thing but one is nicer than the other?

What the hell has this board come to, it friggen disgusting

You completely misread my post

I said, your response wouldve sounded less stupid if your defense was "...he sucks because i say he sucks"....rather than what you said which was that he sucks because he didnt get drafted, which anyone who watches college football knows LeGarrette Blount didnt get drafted because he displayed some of the poorest personal character of any draft prospect in years.

Get it now? Maybe you should go take a couple more tokes first
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount has another "incident" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools