Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount has another "incident" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #135 : August 19, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »

I just don't think he's that good.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #136 : August 19, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »

Based on what?

I dont think anyone can make an accurate judgement on his NFL career at this point.

He was very good in college

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #137 : August 19, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »

Based on what?

I dont think anyone can make an accurate judgement on his NFL career at this point.

Based on he had one good year at a somewhat-elite college level and failed to show up against the elite teams. It's also based on his shotty work ethic/ability to be a team player. And that's ALL we have to go on right now.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #138 : August 19, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »

Based on what?

The circle is complete

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #139 : August 19, 2010, 08:11:21 PM »

Based on what?

Based on he had one good year at a somewhat-elite college level and failed to show up against the elite teams. It's also based on his shotty work ethic/ability to be a team player. And that's ALL we have to go on right now.

Same garbage could be and has been said about Mike Williams. Nonsense.

Draft Aaron Donald

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #140 : August 19, 2010, 08:18:37 PM »

Based on what?

Ok, yet that is just opinion by me. He only had one good year while Williams played well since he was a freshman on a crappy team.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #141 : August 19, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »

could it really?  williams had 3 years of tape, blount one.  blount could be a stud, but why didnt one team take a chance on him if so?  a 180lb 5-9 freshman replaced him with no problem at oregon and in blounts one great year he split time with another RB that put up outstanding numbers and wasnt drafted.  

blount might be great...but he also might be a product of the system.  

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #142 : August 20, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »

Is this all he does when he gets ticked off?  I think there's a serious pattern of doughebaggery here.

Aiming for teammates, Blount inadvertently punched Bellotti while at Oregon
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/20/aiming-for-teammates-blount-inadvertently-punched-bellotti-while-at-oregon/

Posted by John Taylor on August 20, 2010 8:46 AM ET
The Punch Heard 'Round the College Football World was back in the news earlier this week, courtesy of LeGarrette Blount going Marvin Hagler on one of his Tennessee Titans (helmeted) teammates after the final play of a training camp practice.

"I am not disappointed whatsoever," Fisher said after the incident. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."

While that may have been the first time Blount went swinging at the professional level, his right jab to the jaw of Boise State linebacker Byron Hout wasn't the first time he took a swing at the collegiate level.

Two of Blount's Oregon teammates and a former Ducks assistant coach relayed to John Canzano of The Oregonian an incident that happened two years ago involving Blount, his fists and his temper, an incident that's never been reported until now.

Two football seasons ago. Closed practice. Autzen Stadium. Running back LeGarrette Blount was carrying the football on a play that swung wide when he was met by two University of Oregon defenders.

Defensive back Jairus Byrd and linebacker Jerome Boyd grabbed Blount and shoved him toward the sideline. A scuffle broke out, facemasks were grabbed, bodies tangled and then Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti hurried toward the mess, trying to break up the players. 

Blount threw a punch. 

It missed Byrd and Boyd, but caught the side of Bellotti's face -- square. 

So, yeah, good luck with this "rehabilitated" running back you have on your hands, Coach Fisher.  If people like Tony Dungy say it's all good, then by God it's all good, though.  But, just in case, wear a helmet.

Or, as Canzano put it, "If you cut the guy, do it from a distance."

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #143 : August 20, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »

I'm sure Bellotti shoved him.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #144 : August 20, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »

QFT.

OBF will be around shortly to make more excuses.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #145 : August 20, 2010, 08:14:29 PM »

Is this all he does when he gets ticked off?  I think there's a serious pattern of doughebaggery here.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/20/aiming-for-teammates-blount-inadvertently-punched-bellotti-while-at-oregon/

Posted by John Taylor on August 20, 2010 8:46 AM ET
The Punch Heard 'Round the College Football World was back in the news earlier this week, courtesy of LeGarrette Blount going Marvin Hagler on one of his Tennessee Titans (helmeted) teammates after the final play of a training camp practice.

"I am not disappointed whatsoever," Fisher said after the incident. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."

While that may have been the first time Blount went swinging at the professional level, his right jab to the jaw of Boise State linebacker Byron Hout wasn't the first time he took a swing at the collegiate level.

Two of Blount's Oregon teammates and a former Ducks assistant coach relayed to John Canzano of The Oregonian an incident that happened two years ago involving Blount, his fists and his temper, an incident that's never been reported until now.

Two football seasons ago. Closed practice. Autzen Stadium. Running back LeGarrette Blount was carrying the football on a play that swung wide when he was met by two University of Oregon defenders.

Defensive back Jairus Byrd and linebacker Jerome Boyd grabbed Blount and shoved him toward the sideline. A scuffle broke out, facemasks were grabbed, bodies tangled and then Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti hurried toward the mess, trying to break up the players. 

Blount threw a punch. 

It missed Byrd and Boyd, but caught the side of Bellotti's face -- square. 

So, yeah, good luck with this "rehabilitated" running back you have on your hands, Coach Fisher.  If people like Tony Dungy say it's all good, then by God it's all good, though.  But, just in case, wear a helmet.

Or, as Canzano put it, "If you cut the guy, do it from a distance."

Canzano hahahaha. Read the national Enquier for your info as well?

Funny how another sports writer thats at every practice says he disputes this claim and knows what fight they are getting confused by.

Oh yeah Bellotti disputes it as well.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #146 : August 20, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »

QFT.

OBF will be around shortly to make more excuses.

surprise surprise...

A real beat writers take...
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/i-once-saw-bellotti-in-an-altercation-with-a-player-...-just-not-blount/

and the fight that sounds like what Canzano is basing his lie upon (I tend to believe the guy whos at every practice, over the guy in Portland who goes once a year)...
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/chippy-practice-leads-to-byrd-being-sent-off/

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #147 : August 20, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

could it really?  williams had 3 years of tape, blount one.  blount could be a stud, but why didnt one team take a chance on him if so?  a 180lb 5-9 freshman replaced him with no problem at oregon and in blounts one great year he split time with another RB that put up outstanding numbers and wasnt drafted.  

blount might be great...but he also might be a product of the system.  

I call Jonathan Stewart a system back as well ;)

Oh yeah so was Dennis Dixon... remember spread QB's are garbage. Just ignore Tebows first game, and the flack Tomlin is getting for not going with Dixon.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount has another "incident" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools