Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss to GB could be announced in the next 24-36 hours « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 15, 2007, 11:01:37 AM

Sure, I think that starts a cascade that helps us get the best possible outcome.

That's where I figured you were going with it.  CJ goes first, Quinn or Russell to the Lions or whatever team trades up for one of them, Peterson to the Browns...you could be looking at JT staring the Bucs in the face.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : March 15, 2007, 11:08:54 AM

Sure, I think that starts a cascade that helps us get the best possible outcome.

That's where I figured you were going with it.  CJ goes first, Quinn or Russell to the Lions or whatever team trades up for one of them, Peterson to the Browns...you could be looking at JT staring the Bucs in the face.

That couls back fire as a team like Arizona could easily swap picks with Detroit and ake JT. Cleveland is said to be after a QB so they then take the better of the two and we're left with the other QB. Not necessarily the best possible scenario.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 15, 2007, 11:09:57 AM

That's where I figured you were going with it.  CJ goes first, Quinn or Russell to the Lions or whatever team trades up for one of them, Peterson to the Browns...you could be looking at JT staring the Bucs in the face.

Whoa. You guys are much more confident than I am. I see that if the Raiders draft CJ it virtually assures the Bucs of missing out on JT. Detroit could easily take him and if they don't, with CJ off the board I'm certain that the Cards will expect the Bucs to take him. He is AZ's most coveted player and if they figure the Bucs will nab him, then I'm quite certain they'll attempt to trade in front of Tampa Bay to get him. Cleveland would have no trouble trading down and still getting AP, since they know that TB is no threat to draft a RB.

I see the Raiders taking CJ #1 overall as potentially a killer of JT to the Bucs.

#18 : March 15, 2007, 11:11:17 AM

Blah, that coin flip is looking more and more important. If we were only picking #3 we would be almost assured of getting one of our guys...

wc24

Second String

#19 : March 15, 2007, 11:13:49 AM

That's where I figured you were going with it. CJ goes first, Quinn or Russell to the Lions or whatever team trades up for one of them, Peterson to the Browns...you could be looking at JT staring the Bucs in the face.

Whoa. You guys are much more confident than I am. I see that if the Raiders draft CJ it virtually assures the Bucs of missing out on JT. Detroit could easily take him and if they don't, with CJ off the board I'm certain that the Cards will expect the Bucs to take him. He is AZ's most coveted player and if they figure the Bucs will nab him, then I'm quite certain they'll attempt to trade in front of Tampa Bay to get him. Cleveland would have no trouble trading down and still getting AP, since they know that TB is no threat to draft a RB.

I see the Raiders taking CJ #1 overall as potentially a killer of JT to the Bucs.

The Browns and Lions also could take the two QB's.  

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 15, 2007, 11:16:55 AM

I think CJ going first is our only chance of getting JT.

Why? Because I don't think the Browns move with Jamarcus available at 3.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 15, 2007, 11:21:48 AM

I think CJ going first is our only chance of getting JT.
Why? Because I don't think the Browns move with Jamarcus available at 3.

This is a tough one. Personally, I see CJ going first as killing the Bucs getting JT. CJ being off the board means, to me, that AZ is going to make a move with either Detroit or Cleveland because then there will be almost no doubt what the Bucs will do at #4. With CJ still available, AZ has got to believe Gruden will be drooling to take him over the OT.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 15, 2007, 11:25:54 AM

The Cards have a ton of room to maneuver, but what could they give up to swap spot?  Five to two, and what else???  They don't exaclty have a lot of second tier players of note...

#23 : March 15, 2007, 11:29:39 AM

Dan Pompei of Sporting News just reported on Cold Pizza that he has learned from sources within the Packer organization that they are no longer interested in trading for Moss.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 15, 2007, 11:30:58 AM

And then another source in Wisconsin says it's very close.  Gotta love the off season... ;D

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 15, 2007, 11:31:07 AM

DTG, I don't follow the logic.

If AZ only wants JT, then not only has to worry about the Bucs but the Browns as well. AZ really would need to swap with the Lions to be sure.

And I get why AZ would like JT, but just like the Browns, they've got to have an eager eye on Adrian Peterson as well.

I'd love to be the Lions - they really have a lot of options.

#26 : March 15, 2007, 11:32:21 AM

And then another source in Wisconsin says it's very close.  Gotta love the off season... ;D

There is "smoke" everywhere.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 15, 2007, 11:35:01 AM

DTG, I don't follow the logic.

If AZ only wants JT, then not only has to worry about the Bucs but the Browns as well. AZ really would need to swap with the Lions to be sure.

And I get why AZ would like JT, but just like the Browns, they've got to have an eager eye on Adrian Peterson as well.

I'd love to be the Lions - they really have a lot of options.

They have Edge in there.  Why would they fancy Peterson?  Edge makes a LOT of money, I doubt they want to investthat much into the running game...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 15, 2007, 11:35:37 AM

The Cards have a ton of room to maneuver, but what could they give up to swap spot?  Five to two, and what else???  They don't exaclty have a lot of second tier players of note...

The Cardinals have needs, but they really, really need a franchise OT. Like just about every other team in the league they have Joe Thomas as not only being the best OL available, but by a wide margin over Levi Brown. Brown and Thomas aren't even close. To me, it seems the Cardinals will be motivated to get it done, and would certainly consider trading their second round pick to swap with the Browns if CJ is gone and they're convinced the Bucs will then take JT.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 15, 2007, 11:39:11 AM

Just have to sit tight fellas. Its going to be a bumpy road for the next 45 days or so...

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss to GB could be announced in the next 24-36 hours « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools