Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss to GB could be announced in the next 24-36 hours « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

sma2680

Practice Squad

#75 : March 16, 2007, 11:18:22 AM

True, but he also has alot invested in Moss and getting a guy like Russell that is just a big dominating freakish QB would make Moss happy.

Did you miss the part where the Faders want to unload Moss?

Maybe you missed all of last year when they wanted to dump Jerry Porter but were asking 2 first rounders for him.

Thats incorrect

Jerry Porter came into camp and said negative things about the coaches offensive play calling(which he ended up being right about as that was the worse coaching staff ever) It was then that Art Shell suspended Porter for comments detrimental to the team. Jerry Porter the next day asked that he be traded instead of being suspended, we all know this because we talked about getting Porter last year.

Raiders never had him on the trading block, he and his agent asked to trade him, Raiders said no way, and said if he wanted to be traded it would cost that team 2 1st rd'ers. Nobody was going to give Oakland 2 1st rd'ers for Porter.

They didnt bench him for "nothing"

You simply are a misinformed individual

I didn't say they benched him for nothing... I said they got "nothing" out of him because while he was moaning about shell he neither played, nor was traded. And while they did fine him, he was paid salary last year. You are individual who simply misread.

And if a team puts it out there that they will trade Porter for 2 number ones, he wasn't only on the trading block, but they put out the price. Do you think if another team last year would have called the Raiders and offered just one first rounder that they would have turned it down? I bet they would have taken it.

I think given what they allegedly wanted for Porter (2 number 1s), it is unlikely they will essentially give away moss and anderson for rogers and a 7th. Al davis has shown before that he won't be pushed around by malcontent players. You are right in that by asking for 2 1sts that no one would trade for Porter, and he is the same guy who effectively benched Marcus Allen for 2 years for criticizing him. Why would he just give moss up after giving up so much to get him? I am sure the Raiders want more than what GB is willing to give for Moss. He may trade Moss, I am not saying there is no scenario where that would happen, but I am saying there is no way they do the trade talked about in this thread.

They suspended Jerry Porter much in the way we deactivated Keyshawn Johnson a couple years back, a half season which by the way Johnson got paid for every single game. Only difference was, Porter had to pay a fine back to Oakland, our bright midget of a coach and superior FO had to pay Johnson because instead of suspending him they deactivated him.

Porter and Al Davis squared off, Porter lost, plain and simple.

It went someting like this

Porters agent: Hello Mr. Davis, I understand you suspended my client, we would ask that you consider trading my client"

Al Davis: "I'll think about it"

Team X owner: "Hey Al, how are ya?"

Al Davis : "Good old friend, how have you been?"

Team X owner: "Doing good thanks, listen Al, theres word going around Porter has requested a trade, I am calling in regards to obtaining his services, what would you consider for Jerry Porter?"

Al Davis: "2 1st picks"

Team X owner: " You're really gonna stick it to him aint ya?"

Al Davis: "Pretty much"

Al Davis didnt bench Marcus Allen for critizing him, the Raiders drafted Bo Jackson in 1987, He was the best RB in the NFL, of course Al Davis was gonna play him. Marcus Allen was drafted in 82' he was already in his 6th year and his health was declining and he was injuried for most of the 89 season. Bo Jackson simply just embarrassed Marcus Allen in the mini camps and took his job away, for that Marcus Allen cried and whined about it. and thats when he was let go. Bo Jackson was the most dominating RB of that time and honestly he would have taken any RB's job on any team.

You are wrong about the Marcus Allen thing.  Marcus even talked about it in is HOF speech.  It was also the reason why Allen is in the HOF as a CHIEF, and not a Raider, where he spent the bulk of his career and was a Super Bowl MVP.  Bo was good, but you don't take an all pro/HOF player and dump him on the bench and not either play him some or trade him.  From 1990-1993 there is no doubt that it was a feud that kept Allen as low as fourth on the depth chart in LA, despite how good Bo was.   This is fact, anyone around then or knowledgeable about football from that time knows this.  Do a goodle search.  And I am certainly not calling into question Bo as a RB.  I am just saying you are wrong in that Allen hit the bench solely because Bo was a better player.  Allen criticized the team and wanter more money in the late 80s, and Davis had a grudge with him over that.  Allen said publicly several times that Davis was doing it just to keep him from getting to the HOF.  As soon as the current FA system went into effect in 1993 Allen was gone. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#76 : March 16, 2007, 11:25:08 AM

That pretty much covers it Bayside4life. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#77 : March 16, 2007, 11:49:07 AM

QB will go #1. Thats how the NFL works.   QBs get taken first if they are there to take.   The one year in recent memory when a WR went first, in 1996, it was because there weren't any QBs.  Tony Banks was the first QB taken that year, and that was the 42nd pick. Bobby Hoying and Danny Kannell were the next two.   This year there are QBs to take, and they will be taken 1-2 unless you think there is going to be some revolutionary change in the way NFL teams think. 

Its not a matter of who is the best player in the draft.  The QB position is the most important position on the field by far, and so the QBs will go first.  Russell and Quinn will go 1-2, and the only real question should be whether someone will trade up to get them or whether they go to the teams now in those slots.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 16, 2007, 11:56:47 AM

Itch

$$$$

QB's for the same draft position make more money than other position.  If the Raiders are unable to work out a deal with either QB and that trade goes (Moss for Rodgers) through they are looking at CJ or JT.

And if CJ and his agent pull a Reggie Bush asking for crazy money the Raiders will pull a Texan and they will sign and draft a lineman...JT.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#79 : March 16, 2007, 12:06:39 PM

In that case Oakland can trade down with Detroit.  Russell is going to get market value. If the Raiders don't want to pay it they can trade down.   Last year was a screw up on Houston's part- brain fart, whatever you want to call it.  I don't think we should predict that a screw up will happen again, not even by the Raiders.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#80 : March 16, 2007, 12:08:47 PM

In that case Oakland can trade down with Detroit.

Yeah one problem....Detroit is looking to trade down as well...and it is not like they are wanting to draft Quinn or Russell.  :D

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss to GB could be announced in the next 24-36 hours « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools