Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Never take a QB in the first round « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 15, 2007, 05:12:14 PM »

J.P Losman is developing now,I would give him average..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #31 : March 15, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »

I just picked this up off RW. I'd never heard this quote from Billick before:

There is a reason why Bill Walsh never took a first-round quarterback. If you're going to crapshoot, don't do it in the first round…No matter how good an evaluator you are, there's always a Ryan Leaf out there."

- Brian Billick

And Brian Billick has been looking for a franchise QB ever since he's been a HC in Baltimore.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 15, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »

And Brian Billick has been looking for a franchise QB ever since he's been a HC in Baltimore.

He won a superbowl with a first round QB - Trent Dilfer.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #33 : March 15, 2007, 09:13:40 PM »

And replaced him soon afterwards with a guy named Elvis.  Didn't work out too well for him.

devasher

Starter
« #34 : March 15, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »

He won a superbowl with a first round QB - Trent Dilfer.

The big difference is that it wasn't HIS first round QB, but Tampa Bay's. Our top 10 pick, millions of dollars, thousands of coaching hours, and season's gone by of experience, all so Dilfer could be the SB Winning QB with the lowest QB rating in SB history at that time....yeah, quite the argument.

Of course Billick then takes Kyle Boller in the first, and pretty much proves Billick right.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 15, 2007, 09:21:24 PM »

Gary Kubiak's theme... Never take a running back in the first round,even if the player is Reggie Bush.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : March 15, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

I think BucINT20 said it best "never pick a QB if your name is Brian Billick".  The pick of a qb in the first round is clearly better than in later rounds - qb is as much or more a crapshoot than any other position.  It does not get better with lesser talents.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Never take a QB in the first round « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools