Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS QB JOSH FREEMAN BREAKS THUMB, WILL MISS PRESEASON « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#150 : August 22, 2010, 03:52:09 AM

As a doc I can tell you that this is largely a pain issue. It is likely a small, non-displaced fracture - the bones are still in alignment. There is no ligament damage which is important. The biggest problem will be some swelling over the next few days. I would not be surprised to see Josh throwing the week of the final preseason game. On the flip side it is a great opportunity for Johnson and Carpenter to get a ton of reps in.

Johnson's D2 talent masquerading as an NFL player. He doesn't need reps -- he needs to be cut so that a competent, veteran backup can be signed.

And the "it's largely a pain issue" isn't comforting at all. Freeman isn't good enough yet to "play through pain."

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#151 : August 22, 2010, 03:58:10 AM

If this was a veteran, I'd have no concern at all. But this is a QB that has yet to play a full season and with a bunch of young receivers.

This IS a setback, folks. He is not going to look good in that Cleveland game.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#152 : August 22, 2010, 05:56:07 AM

If this was a veteran, I'd have no concern at all. But this is a QB that has yet to play a full season and with a bunch of young receivers.

This IS a setback, folks. He is not going to look good in that Cleveland game.

Well I doubt Cleveland will look good in that Cleveland game either at this point.

Stratobuc

Starter
#153 : August 22, 2010, 06:12:48 AM

Don't be too sure. Did you see how they finished the season last year - and how the Bucs did?

shawn731

Starter

#154 : August 22, 2010, 08:34:36 AM

This injury seems weird.  Before they put the cast on he was on the sideline w/o a cast.  Then they wrapped it, and then took off the wrap.  Then he was chewing on his nail on the same finger(i believe).  All the while the commentators have been waiting on word of the injury and the cameras were following him notoriously, he came out in a cast. Now in the morning i hear its a fractured tip.????  Anyway he needs the most reps out of all the players who suited up.  That last play showed he needs it.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#155 : August 22, 2010, 04:40:04 PM

I have had plenty of broken tips

What were you doing?
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS QB JOSH FREEMAN BREAKS THUMB, WILL MISS PRESEASON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools