Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your thoughts on the game vs Kansas City « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#15 : August 21, 2010, 10:56:17 PM

Interesting and very good call by Raheem to take the safety.

I remember seeing Shanahan make that same call once in a key Monday night game against New England years ago.

Dont remember that, but love the call. Took me a sec to figure out why we did it, but it makes perfect sense. Great call by Raheem. I dont think he wouldve even thought of that last year. Really hoping its a sign of growth that hes made as a HC. Go BUCS

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 21, 2010, 10:57:59 PM

I would like to see what Bennett can do as a starting LDE against better right tackles.  K. Moore has flashed some ability, but I see him as a backup swing/utility type of DL, not really starting material.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 21, 2010, 11:00:28 PM

Would like to see Purvis make the team.  Lorig will probably hit the PS.

Hammerhead

Starter
#18 : August 21, 2010, 11:02:16 PM

I think we really need to look for another running back to take the pressure off as we are getting thin with only 3 serviceable backs if Ward is out and I'm not sure if he makes the team, anyway. Don't know if Brown is the answer.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 21, 2010, 11:03:16 PM

I think we really need to look for another running back to take the pressure off as we are getting thin with only 3 serviceable backs if Ward is out and I'm not sure if he makes the team, anyway. Don't know if Brown is the answer.

Graham is the 3rd RB and we can scrap heap the FB spot if need be.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 21, 2010, 11:04:15 PM

I feel comfortable with what I have seen of Brown as a #3 thus far, but I would imagine the team is looking for another RB since Ward has sustained a concussion.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 21, 2010, 11:04:48 PM

I remember Don Shula called for a safety in a similar situation back in the '70's. The announcers were going nuts, saying the QB was screwing up, but once the play was over, they started to get it... It's been 'copy-catted' by different teams in that situation ever since...

jizzy_22

Starter

#22 : August 21, 2010, 11:05:21 PM

did brian price play and if so how did he look?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 21, 2010, 11:05:46 PM

I remember seeing Shanahan make that same call once in a key Monday night game against New England years ago.

I was all over that.

Knowing that KC had 3 timeouts, and if we didn't gain any yards-- we move our punt up 30 yards if we take a safety-- and they STILL need a TD to win.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 21, 2010, 11:06:51 PM

all i saw was Miller, early

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 21, 2010, 11:08:10 PM

Just a weird thing I'm wondering about. Why the white jerseys when it was a night game? For a 1 p.m. game in Sept and Oct, absolutely wear those. Just seemed odd. Are the lights really that hot? :)

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 21, 2010, 11:08:51 PM

all i saw was Miller, early

Yep, Price came in a couple times on 3rd down, but at the time my stream was so bad I couldn't make anything out. :

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 21, 2010, 11:09:10 PM

Dont remember that, but love the call. Took me a sec to figure out why we did it, but it makes perfect sense. Great call by Raheem. I dont think he wouldve even thought of that last year. Really hoping its a sign of growth that hes made as a HC. Go BUCS

Actually, now that I think about it, it was Belichick that made the call not Shanahan. It was the Monday night game on Nov 3, 2003 between Denver and New England.

Hammerhead

Starter
#28 : August 21, 2010, 11:11:03 PM

Graham is the 3rd RB and we can scrap heap the FB spot if need be.

Good point. I'm a big Graham fan and I would love too see him back at RB. He's being wasted at FB. Caddy, Huggins and Graham would be a formidable trio of RBs. Get rid of Ward.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 21, 2010, 11:11:27 PM

Just a weird thing I'm wondering about. Why the white jerseys when it was a night game? For a 1 p.m. game in Sept and Oct, absolutely wear those. Just seemed odd. Are the lights really that hot? :)

Should they have worn the red jerseys so they can just blend right in with the Chiefs (who are also wearing red)? Come on, Todd.

Would it make sense for the Cowboys to wear their blue jerseys vs the Lions or the Panthers (who are also wearing THEIR blue jerseys)?

No.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your thoughts on the game vs Kansas City « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools