Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio: Bucs wont win 7 games in the next 3 years combined « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Huey Freeman

Starter
#30 : August 22, 2010, 05:24:05 PM

Now that's funny! 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 22, 2010, 05:26:55 PM

Florio has built a name in the TB area because of his presence on Deumig's show. So saying something outlandish doesn' surprise me since it's likely simply to get more attention. Obviously the remark is aimed at "us" because why would anyone in, say Chicago, care how many wins Mike Florio thinks the Bucs will have. It's meant to get a reaction out of those who care...you and I.

I'm fairly negative on the team for 2010 but the claim that they might not win 7 over the next three years is ludicrous.

Also...he's got the Saints over 12 wins....asking a lot of any team in any year...and then comes back to say the Falcons could challenge the Saints in the division. Does that make any sense numerically? I'm sure it can be done however they do play each other twice. Does he really think both are going to run roughshod over the rest of the league? He makes no sense on that one.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 22, 2010, 05:34:15 PM

Mike Florio is a real life troll essentially.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#33 : August 22, 2010, 05:37:29 PM

Mike Florio is a real life troll essentially.

He is not even close to as bad as some of the people that post here.

The only reason he cares so much about the Bucs is because PR puts up team articles he can misquote on his blog.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : August 22, 2010, 05:40:20 PM

We'll have 7 wins before December.

I think we'll go 0 for Sept and October, unfortunately.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 22, 2010, 05:58:47 PM

Like I said before, Florio=TMZ. This isn't just a lack of research like most other experts, Florio's entire gimmick is to say outlandish things(or post outlandish articles) that get people riled up.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#36 : August 22, 2010, 07:55:32 PM

Oh, the indignity!

Florio thanks you nitwits for driving more traffic his way.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 22, 2010, 08:22:40 PM

Oh, the indignity!

Florio thanks you nitwits for driving more traffic his way.

Good thing for us it all went to JoeBucsFan then.

bucmoon

Second String
#38 : August 22, 2010, 10:11:29 PM

In the HISTORY of the Bucs which had some very DARK TIMES ..They have never Failed to WIN AT LEAST 7 games over a 3 years period ..even from 76-78 with only a 14 games schedule the first 2 years and 0-14 in 1976 ..they still won 7 games ..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 22, 2010, 11:06:06 PM

I love it... let the "experts" talk.

Yeah bad news, the "experts" said the same things last year about us. I seem to recall the same "under the radar" talk from fans then as well. You should be wary that people w/o the pewer glasses don't see much gain from us - and it ain't just Florio that seems to not think much of us.

And there were years where the "experts" expected us to suck and we surprised the hell out of them. I notice you didn't mention that.

Remember before the 2002 season when all those "experts" picked the Bucs to win in all?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 22, 2010, 11:15:03 PM

In the HISTORY of the Bucs which had some very DARK TIMES ..They have never Failed to WIN AT LEAST 7 games over a 3 years period ..even from 76-78 with only a 14 games schedule the first 2 years and 0-14 in 1976 ..they still won 7 games ..

True, and those teams were far less talented than this current Buc team.  However, the head coach has never been as bad as this current one so it is possible that they will be worse now than even in the darkest days.

#41 : August 23, 2010, 12:17:43 AM

geez Florio sure does have some nerve. 3 years comeon man 3 years we are talkin about 3 years man, 7 wins  comeon man! lol can use the iverson practice quote every where

#42 : August 23, 2010, 12:20:16 AM

I put a 50 dollar bet on the bucs getting 5.5+ wins in vegas.

#43 : August 23, 2010, 01:39:09 AM

this thread probably sets a record for most usage of the word "outlandish." don't even know who this **CENSORED**bag is but he comes across as the least credible analyst in the world of sports.

techstar25

Starter

#44 : August 23, 2010, 08:03:22 AM

Mike Florio is not an expert in anything. He's a lawer, who is good at making connections, kissing butts, and making phone calls. The guy knows nothing about football, and has never put on pads. Just because he writes a gossip column does not make him qualified to analyze a pro football team. Guys like John Madden, Tony Dungy, Chris Collinsworth, or even freakin' Mike Golic, who have suited up in the trenches are qualified to analyze pro football.

Florio is a gossip columnist. Nobody should EVER mistake him for a" football analyst". Unfortunately, the folks at NBC Sports have done just that.
That being said, I still visit PFT about ten times per day, and I have to give credit where credit is due because Florio built one hell of a brand from the ground up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio: Bucs wont win 7 games in the next 3 years combined « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools