Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some observations on the effect of the possible Moss trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JC510

Practice Squad

: March 15, 2007, 05:41:41 PM

Hate, you want Calvin Johnson so bad you're just making up reasons why Oakland won't draft him.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#1 : March 15, 2007, 05:48:07 PM

You couldn't be more wrong.

Uh huh. Moving on.

Don't disappear after the draft.

JC are you a part of chOAKeLAND RAIDERS FO? No, so then STFU already. If you had any smarts, or if chOAKeLAND had any smarts for that matter, they would select the best QB #1 overall, then pick up a WR in Rd.2 (hence, the draft is deep on pretty damn good WR's this year)...QB is their most pressing need...

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

#2 : March 15, 2007, 05:29:01 PM

There's no not much to explain, even Hellen Keller could figure this out. But I'll pretend to be a 3rd grade teacher for a few minutes....

Calvin Johnson is clearly the #1 player in the draft, everyone knows that. But the Raiders have a surplus at WR and need at QB. Enter the Packers. They want Moss and have a 1st round QB to give up for him. Everyone is happy (except JaMarcus Russell, he just lost a ton of $$$).

Just because the Packers are trading Rodgers doesnt mean he's a lost cause, as you eluded to. They're trading him for RANDY MOSS.

Why would the Raiders trade Moss for a QB if they're just going to draft Russell. Doesn't make any sense. Trading Moss for Rodgers eliminates their need for a QB and creates a need for a WR. Oh and what a coincidence, the best player in the draft just happens to be a WR.

Well let's start with the fact that the Raiders only have 1 QB on their roster. So they still need two QB's. The one QB they actually have is terrible.

Now, you mean to tell me that the Raiders are going to pass on the QB who by many accounts just had the best workout EVER yesterday, for a guy who has completed 15 career passes?

As for Green Bay not wanting him, their QB is going to play one more season. Randy Moss does not make them a contender. He does not make them better than the Bears in their own division even. Why would they give away their "QB of the future" for a one year shot with Favre to Moss? Obvious answer: They don't like him.

As for the "They're trading him for RANDY MOSS" joke (I'm assuming it was a joke), the guy was terrible last season and has been a cancer everywhere he went. It's not like it's going to take a whole lot to get him anymore (as clearly evidenced by Aaron Rogers).

In summation: The Raiders need two QB's. They also want to get rid of RANDY MOSS. Aaron Rogers is a QB with some possible upside to backup Russell in the future. I'm not saying it's cut and dry, but to insult my post and then say there's ZERO chance of it is just ludicrous.

Very well stated... and lets not forget that the Raiders just gave Curry a $20mil extension last week with $8mil guaranteed. Johnson is not a lock to go there.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#3 : March 15, 2007, 08:00:33 PM

::BREAKING NEWS:: - The chOAKeLAND RAIDERS have fired their entire Scouting Staff: Angelo Coia, Calvin Branch, Bruce Kebric, Jon Kingdon, Mickey Marvin, and Kent McCloughan. Why? Well, that's simple. JC510 is a much better scout than those who actually get paid to do so. Just read the "great logic" he uses to influence his scouting ability, "I watched a lot of SEC games and he didn't look like a franchise qb." Wow, this guy is a "REAL MAN OF GENIUS".

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

#4 : March 15, 2007, 07:31:02 PM

Yea, JC your completely wrong here. If the Raiders DO make the trade and get Rogers, he by no means solidifies their gb position. Hell, coming out, I believe one of the knocks on Rogers was his arm strength, so I can't see Al Davis falling in love with this guy or Andrew Walter at the helm. If they make the trade it would be to get rid of the cancer that is Moss, not to get their qb of the future. The thing I really find funny however, is that you consider yourself an NFL scout. You said you watched a lot of SEC games and he didn't look like a franchise qb. Thats great logic right there, real in depth analysis. Why don't you take over for the Bucs scouting department?

#5 : March 15, 2007, 07:19:24 PM

Yea, the Raiders are gonna pass on perhaps the best WR prospect of all time because they have Ronald Curry.

Yea, the Raiders are gonna pass on a franchise QB prospect because they have Aaron Rodgers and the greatness that is Andrew Walter.

original

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 15, 2007, 06:40:15 PM

Off topic, but why does MVP have 5 stars if he has so few post? Does the stars have anything to do with # of post, or is it time registered?

Quez, I had 3 stars when I PI and immediatly jumped to many stars.  I think it has to do with post count only if you don't subscribe.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 15, 2007, 06:40:15 PM

I wonder about the "best ever" workout that all the media is raving about. Their have been many impresive workout performances for players who don't pan out. I'm not saying that Russel will be a bust but most of what I heard on TV is old information just restated.

His big arm, tremendous upside etc. But I didn't here anything about his weaknesses being iorned out. Like his footwork, patience, and all that. A workout does not include live pass rushers and the pressure of a real game.

My point is that the workout comments sound more like teams at the top are trying to pump up Russells value to the treams considering trading up.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 15, 2007, 05:17:22 PM

In my opinion the Moss trade has been shot down by Russell's workout yesterday. IMO,the raiders keep moss and porter and take Jamarcus Russell. Then in the 2nd round they probably are going TE with Olsen..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : March 15, 2007, 06:34:48 PM

Yea, the Raiders are gonna pass on perhaps the best WR prospect of all time because they have Ronald Curry.

I used that same argument for Russell and you dismissed it.  You can't have it both ways.

P.S.  They have Curry and Porter.  Not bad at all compared to Andrew Walter and Aaron Rogers if it goes through.

Your argument was based on what he did in shorts in March. And who said Russell had the best workout ever? Unless it was Lane Kiffin or Al Davis it's meaningless. I watch alot of SEC and there never a moment when I thought Russell was a franchise QB.

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : March 15, 2007, 06:13:43 PM

#11 : March 15, 2007, 05:49:12 PM

Hate, you want Calvin Johnson so bad you're just making up reasons why Oakland won't draft him.

LMAO @ making up reasons....

March 6, 2007, 2:11 PM EST
The Contra Costa Times in California reports that Oakland Raiders wide receiver Ronald Curry signed a five-year contact with the team.

The newspaper said Curry, a former Hampton High star, initially said he had agreed to a two-year deal to remain with the Raiders. However, the two sides lengthened the contract to five years. It could be worth as much as $20 million, including $8.5 million in guaranteed money, Curry's agent, Brian Levy, said.

Curry's playing time figures to hinge upon whether Randy Moss returns for a third season. Reports continue to circulate about the Raiders making Moss available via trade.

The Times said working out a new deal with Curry would prevent him from becoming an unrestricted free agent after next season.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-curry.m6,0,3856123.story?coll=dp-sports-local

Even without Moss, there is a significant amount of $$ in wrs nevermind the fact that they still have crap at QB. I think that has been quite evident.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#12 : March 15, 2007, 03:13:46 PM

Some random thoughts and questions I had on the rumored Moss Trade for Rodgers and some draft Picks.

I always hate when everyone takes something as a sure thing. It almost never turns out like everyone thought. If Moss is traded for Rodgers does that mean that Calvin Johnson goes no.1?

If the trade does happen why would Oakland make their draft intentions clearer so early by removing the need for a QB (at least for now) and opening a roster spot for a reciever?

Relating to the Buccaneers:

Do our chances increade or decrease to land Joe Thomas? If Detroit and Cleveland entertain offers will the Cardinals make a move in order to leap frog us?

Using that same logic if we have Joe their at no. 4 could we slide back a spot with the Cardinals and pilfer some choice picks? I know the value difference will not be great but if we have a gun to their head and say "give us this or we pick Thomas" sort of scenario.

Lastly if we go defense with our pick who is the number one defensive prospect? Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye?

Thoughts?

calicojack

Starter
#13 : March 15, 2007, 03:18:55 PM

They will most likely begin negotiating with their choice sometime soon.  So, their intentions will be made long before draft day.

The Dream Team

#14 : March 15, 2007, 03:19:20 PM

I'm guessing out number one defensive prospect is Okoye
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some observations on the effect of the possible Moss trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools