Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some observations on the effect of the possible Moss trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : March 15, 2007, 03:20:24 PM

Some random thoughts and questions I had on the rumored Moss Trade for Rodgers and some draft Picks.

I always hate when everyone takes something as a sure thing. It almost never turns out like everyone thought. If Moss is traded for Rodgers does that mean that Calvin Johnson goes no.1?

If the trade does happen why would Oakland make their draft intentions clearer so early by removing the need for a QB (at least for now) and opening a roster spot for a reciever?

Relating to the Buccaneers:

Do our chances increade or decrease to land Joe Thomas? If Detroit and Cleveland entertain offers will the Cardinals make a move in order to leap frog us?

Using that same logic if we have Joe their at no. 4 could we slide back a spot with the Cardinals and pilfer some choice picks? I know the value difference will not be great but if we have a gun to their head and say "give us this or we pick Thomas" sort of scenario.

Lastly if we go defense with our pick who is the number one defensive prospect? Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye?

Thoughts?

They don't need to be secretive about their draft intentions. No one can maneuver in front of them to steal the guy they want.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 15, 2007, 03:22:36 PM

If the Raiders trade Moss, I would expect the chances of them taking CJ go UP. If the Raiders take CJ, I'm afraid that the Bucs will have very little chance of taking JT, because I would expect ARZ to leapfrog the Bucs in order to snag JT. That means a trade with Cleveland, since they want a QB or AP. The Bucs are no threat to take either, so ARZ could trade their #2 to swap positions with CLE to get the guy they absolutely most covet in the draft, Joe Thomas.

That would mean the Bucs will be sitting at #4 with no CJ and no JT, which increases the chances of a trade down OR the Bucs taking Okoye right then and there if they find no trading partners.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 15, 2007, 03:24:19 PM

They don't need to be secretive about their draft intentions. No one can maneuver in front of them to steal the guy they want.

Not so. Until they've started negotiating with someone, the Raiders will be listening to trade offers. Tipping your hand reduces the chances of someone doing some crazy trade up, especially with such a clear-cut "best player in the draft" as CJ (who is probably the #1 player on 30 draft boards).

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 15, 2007, 03:35:54 PM

There were discussions of trades going up to the last minute last year. Texans didn't make their choice known
until the evening before. Unfortunately any trades will not be known until Oakland makes their selection or
a contract is signed.

JC510

Practice Squad

#19 : March 15, 2007, 03:40:48 PM

Get your Amobi Okoye jerseys

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 15, 2007, 03:43:07 PM

I honestly don't think that trading Moss for Rogers makes any difference in the Raiders draft plans, especially after Russell's workout yesterday.  No one knows anything about Rogers except that the Packers must not feel like he's their future QB, so what does that say about him?

JC510

Practice Squad

#21 : March 15, 2007, 03:44:56 PM

I honestly don't think that trading Moss for Rogers makes any difference in the Raiders draft plans, especially after Russell's workout yesterday.  No one knows anything about Rogers except that the Packers must not feel like he's their future QB, so what does that say about him?

Is this a serious post?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 15, 2007, 03:46:35 PM

I honestly don't think that trading Moss for Rogers makes any difference in the Raiders draft plans, especially after Russell's workout yesterday. No one knows anything about Rogers except that the Packers must not feel like he's their future QB, so what does that say about him?

Is this a serious post?

Yes.  Is there a problem with it?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 15, 2007, 06:17:27 PM

Yea, the Raiders are gonna pass on perhaps the best WR prospect of all time because they have Ronald Curry.

I used that same argument for Russell and you dismissed it.  You can't have it both ways.

P.S.  They have Curry and Porter.  Not bad at all compared to Andrew Walter and Aaron Rogers if it goes through.

JC510

Practice Squad

#24 : March 15, 2007, 03:50:49 PM

I honestly don't think that trading Moss for Rogers makes any difference in the Raiders draft plans, especially after Russell's workout yesterday. No one knows anything about Rogers except that the Packers must not feel like he's their future QB, so what does that say about him?

Is this a serious post?

Yes.  Is there a problem with it?

Yes. If this trade does happen there's ZERO chance the Raiders take Russell.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 15, 2007, 03:53:55 PM

Is this a serious post?

Yes. Is there a problem with it?

Yes. If this trade does happen there's ZERO chance the Raiders take Russell.

Explain.  I'd love to hear this.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : March 15, 2007, 04:05:23 PM

There's no not much to explain, even Hellen Keller could figure this out. But I'll pretend to be a 3rd grade teacher for a few minutes....

Calvin Johnson is clearly the #1 player in the draft, everyone knows that. But the Raiders have a surplus at WR and need at QB. Enter the Packers. They want Moss and have a 1st round QB to give up for him. Everyone is happy (except JaMarcus Russell, he just lost a ton of $$$).

Just because the Packers are trading Rodgers doesnt mean he's a lost cause, as you eluded to. They're trading him for RANDY MOSS.

Why would the Raiders trade Moss for a QB if they're just going to draft Russell. Doesn't make any sense. Trading Moss for Rodgers eliminates their need for a QB and creates a need for a WR. Oh and what a coincidence, the best player in the draft just happens to be a WR.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 15, 2007, 04:14:24 PM

There's no not much to explain, even Hellen Keller could figure this out. But I'll pretend to be a 3rd grade teacher for a few minutes....

Calvin Johnson is clearly the #1 player in the draft, everyone knows that. But the Raiders have a surplus at WR and need at QB. Enter the Packers. They want Moss and have a 1st round QB to give up for him. Everyone is happy (except JaMarcus Russell, he just lost a ton of $$$).

Just because the Packers are trading Rodgers doesnt mean he's a lost cause, as you eluded to. They're trading him for RANDY MOSS.

Why would the Raiders trade Moss for a QB if they're just going to draft Russell. Doesn't make any sense. Trading Moss for Rodgers eliminates their need for a QB and creates a need for a WR. Oh and what a coincidence, the best player in the draft just happens to be a WR.

Well let's start with the fact that the Raiders only have 1 QB on their roster.  So they still need two QB's.  The one QB they actually have is terrible. 

Now, you mean to tell me that the Raiders are going to pass on the QB who by many accounts just had the best workout EVER yesterday, for a guy who has completed 15 career passes? 

As for Green Bay not wanting him, their QB is going to play one more season.  Randy Moss does not make them a contender.  He does not make them better than the Bears in their own division even.  Why would they give away their "QB of the future" for a one year shot with Favre to Moss?  Obvious answer: They don't like him. 

As for the "They're trading him for RANDY MOSS" joke (I'm assuming it was a joke), the guy was terrible last season and has been a cancer everywhere he went.  It's not like it's going to take a whole lot to get him anymore (as clearly evidenced by Aaron Rogers).

In summation: The Raiders need two QB's.  They also want to get rid of RANDY MOSS.  Aaron Rogers is a QB with some possible upside to backup Russell in the future.  I'm not saying it's cut and dry, but to insult my post and then say there's ZERO chance of it is just ludicrous.

JC510

Practice Squad

#28 : March 15, 2007, 04:18:17 PM

You couldn't be more wrong.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 15, 2007, 04:21:19 PM

Off topic, but why does MVP have 5 stars if he has so few post?  Does the stars have anything to do with # of post, or is it time registered?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some observations on the effect of the possible Moss trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools