Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some observations on the effect of the possible Moss trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 15, 2007, 04:26:21 PM

You couldn't be more wrong.

Uh huh.  Moving on.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 15, 2007, 04:28:07 PM

Well let's start with the fact that the Raiders only have 1 QB on their roster.  So they still need two QB's.  The one QB they actually have is terrible. 

I think you underestimate how much Davis thinks of Walter. Al Davis has drafted ONE quarterback in the first round. That was back in 1991 and the guy was a monumental bust. Al usually spends his first round picks on defensive players (by an overwhelming margin) and if he goes offense, I'm not so sure he can overlook the player that is Calvin Johnson. He might go QB, but I wouldn't mark it down as mortal lock just yet.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#32 : March 15, 2007, 04:28:29 PM

Don't be so sure that if Moss gets traded it will automatically mean they will hake Johnson. I think the Raiders want to rid themselves of Moss and his cap hit and attitude regardless of who they draft. They have Porter and Curry tied and go easily land a good WR later in the draft. The Raiders need a franchise QB and Russell will be too good to pass up.

JC510

Practice Squad

#33 : March 15, 2007, 04:28:33 PM

Uh huh.  Moving on.

Don't disappear after the draft.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 15, 2007, 04:30:13 PM

Uh huh. Moving on.

Don't disappear after the draft.

Why would I?  At no point did I say this would happen.  I gave my opinion and you insulted it, that's the only reason I felt the need to explain my reasoning.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 15, 2007, 08:23:47 PM

I wonder about the "best ever" workout that all the media is raving about. Their have been many impresive workout performances for players who don't pan out. I'm not saying that Russel will be a bust but most of what I heard on TV is old information just restated.

His big arm, tremendous upside etc. But I didn't here anything about his weaknesses being iorned out. Like his footwork, patience, and all that. A workout does not include live pass rushers and the pressure of a real game.

My point is that the workout comments sound more like teams at the top are trying to pump up Russells value to the treams considering trading up.

It was from Todd McShay who works for Scouts Inc.  He has no connection to the draft and therefore has no reason to pump up what happened.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 15, 2007, 08:44:57 PM

If the Raiders trade away Moss and acquire Rodgers they will most likely be looking to draft CJ or JT.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Of course I am not a rocket scientist. 8)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 16, 2007, 12:47:48 PM

I wonder about the "best ever" workout that all the media is raving about. Their have been many impresive workout performances for players who don't pan out. I'm not saying that Russel will be a bust but most of what I heard on TV is old information just restated.

His big arm, tremendous upside etc. But I didn't here anything about his weaknesses being iorned out. Like his footwork, patience, and all that. A workout does not include live pass rushers and the pressure of a real game.

My point is that the workout comments sound more like teams at the top are trying to pump up Russells value to the treams considering trading up.

It was from Todd McShay who works for Scouts Inc. He has no connection to the draft and therefore has no reason to pump up what happened.
  And the reports did address his footwork, balance and all that can be done without playing a game.  Just wanted to add that. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MVP

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 16, 2007, 02:16:05 PM

It was from Todd McShay who works for Scouts Inc. He has no connection to the draft and therefore has no reason to pump up what happened.
And the reports did address his footwork, balance and all that can be done without playing a game. Just wanted to add that.

Thanks for the info.

Please excuse me for basing my opinion on incomplete information.

I have another theory I wanted to propose. If the Raiders do take Jamarcu Russell no. 1 and they want to sit him year 1 behind a vet. QB are they trading for Rodgers because the Bucs took the 2 most viable options off the market. (Plummer and Garcia)

I know Carr is still out their but maybe Houston holds onto him tighter noe that they don't know how the Plummer Deal will go down. So they instead grab a young QB to groom as a future backup for many years to come. He can keep the seat warm for Russell and be the fall back guy for awhile instead of a few years like a older QB. Maybe like the Matt Shaub deal in reverse. You have the guy who will eventually be the backup on the field.

secondly the Raiders could make it look like they are poised to pick Calvin and forse a team to trade up when they have no intention to so. Then grab Russel a few spots back. I call this the Eli-Rivers conspiracy. The Raiders nab Calvin and if another team wants him that bad they grab russell a few spots back and trade him to Oakland with picks for CJ. Like San Diego and NewYork did a few years back. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 16, 2007, 02:21:49 PM

The problem is Rodgers has less experience than McCown, Simms, and Gradkowski.  He has less experience than Walter.

If the Raiders do acquire Rodgers it means they like Walter and they like Rodgers' potential to compete with him and have no intention of drafting a QB at all. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some observations on the effect of the possible Moss trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools